IGNORED

Nice Intellivision haul any advice from inty collectors?

Today I picked up an Intellivision II system with 2 controllers and a ECS computer keyboard addon + 2 power supplys/cabling.

It also came with 4 CIB gamesw/overlays (sewer sam, frog bog, sub hunt and nfl football)

in addition to this it came with the following loose games (some have manuals they all have at least 1 overlay, some 2)

triple action

armor battle

burger time

worm womper

beamrider

carnival (white cartridge not the black one I see on eBay)

microsurgeon

lockj n chase

buzz bomber

space attack (label is coming off)

advanced dungeons and dragons

mission x

The thing is I happened upon this deal and decided to pick it up even though I don't really collect for this early generation of games. I have a heavy sixer and collection of games for that but I dont pull it too often, so I decided to not get into Odysee II, Inty, colecovision etc.. I am thinking I would like to either sell off this lot or in pieces or trade for SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2 stuff. I am tempted to keep this too since it is a nice lot, but I will set it up and try it before I do anything. I am wondering what you collectors of Intellivision stuff think of this and it's value plus is anything in this lot rare?

thankS!!!

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

The Sewer Sam CIB is a nice find. Worm Whomper and Beamrider are a little harder to find. The rest of those are common. The ECS is sure a nice find too, but I'm not too sure on the actual value or rarity of it. I've never seen one personally.

Either way, nice find. Try it out, and if it's not something that you would enjoy using or have any fond memories of, then maybe just consider selling/trading stuff for it.

Intellivision is one that's hard for many people to appreciate. The controllers are very different, and the games tend to be pretty basic from a modern gamer's perspective.

That said, AD&D is a very good action adventure game. I also recommend Tron Deadly Discs, Bump 'n' Jump, Burgertime, and Frog Bog, among others.

But if it's just not your thang, then I'd sell it off with no regrets. You'll probably get a few bucks for the CIB Sewer Sam if it's in good condition.

Good luck!

Intellivision is one that's hard for many people to appreciate. The controllers are very different, and the games tend to be pretty basic from a modern gamer's perspective.

That said, AD&D is a very good action adventure game. I also recommend Tron Deadly Discs, Bump 'n' Jump, Burgertime, and Frog Bog, among others.

But if it's just not your thang, then I'd sell it off with no regrets. You'll probably get a few bucks for the CIB Sewer Sam if it's in good condition.

Good luck!

I remember the Intellivision, I played it back in the day. The games I remember are the baseball game and a rally racer clone.. neither of which come in this package. I love Atari 2600 games, but I dont have the room and I don't really like RF output (can't bear to mod my heavy sixer), so rarely play them on the real hardware (occasionally pull out the Flashback 2 but the game selection is a little lacking). I just don't think I will get into Intellivision. I am interested in any offers and will probably post of trade/for sale here once I try it out and take some pictures before I go to eBay. Can I do anything interesting with the keyboard?

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

Can I do anything interesting with the keyboard?

Dunno. I'm just in it for the games. :D

(As far as RF, I've gotten good results using a very well shielded composite video cable and one of the newfangled RF to coax connectors. There's still some interference, but not much at all. Might be worth a try on one of your older systems -- but there's really only room for the thick cables where a unit has an external RF hooked -- like with the Inty and 7800.)

That's a nice haul!

The ECS computer is good to have since there are a handful of games that require it in order to run (Mind Strike, World Series Major League Baseball, etc.). It's not particularly rare or valuable, but it is uncommon nevertheless, and will definately sweeten the deal if you're looking to sell/trade.

Additionally, you can write BASIC programs with it and save them to cassette, like every other "real" computer of the day. The memory is limited even compared to its contemporaries, though. Also, the keyboard is not well-suited to typing. I guess that's okay if you're a "hunt-and-peck" sort of typist. :) If I'm not mistaken, you can also "steal" sprites and things from whatever cartridge you have in the computer, and use them in your own BASIC program. I don't know how, though.

Edited by BassGuitari

Definately a good find on the ECS, for sure. Wish I had one!

Sewer Sam and Beamrider are good finds, too. Nothing spectacular, but semi-rare. Worm Whomper is a good find, too.

AD&D is my favorite game on the Inty. LOVE it! Very difficult, but very worth the time playing.

I'd say keep it, honestly. The Inty II is a little harder to find than the original, and the ECS makes it even cooler. Pick up an Intellivoice and snag the Intellivoice games, too. Those are always fun for a laugh (B-17 Baaawwwmer!).

Good find. I randomly bought an Intellivision lot just like you, but this was about a year ago or so. I've gone through lots of reviews and have played dozens of Intellivision games, and I can say confidently that these are the games that are worth playing if you prefer action games, which I do:

Shark! Shark! (only released on this system and very addictive)

Atlantis (This is a MUCH better version of Atlantis than the 2600 version in my opinion and makes great use of the Intellivision controller)

Burgertime (This is just a port, but is a fun game overall)

Another interesting Intellivision-only game is Diner, which is a sequel to Burgertime. It turns the 2d Burgertime gameplay into an isometric 3d game, and does so surprisingly well. However, unlike Burgertime, the AI wasn't tested thoroughly enough and so the enemies often get stuck in corners, which is annoying when you're trying to manipulate where they're moving to (which is quite easy in Burgertime). This game is very rare, but since demand for Intellivision games is very low, you can find this game for around $30. I'm guessing though that this game's print run must've been 5,000 copies or below.

-Adam