IGNORED

"Slow shipping"

poobah

So just for perspective,

Person bids on my auction, wins. Send invoice, they pay.

I box up the item, take it it to the post office, and send it out.

Item arrives on their doorstep.

Total time from clicking "pay" to box in their greedy little hands: 7 days.

Feedback from them "slow shipping"

Thoughts?

So just for perspective,

Thoughts?

My first impression is the buyer is a total jerk. However you didn't say when you sent it from the P.O. 7 days is definitely reasonable. Then again, if they paid extra for priority, and you sat on it 3-4 days before sending it I can see where they'd have a gripe.

Was it just in the comment section or did they give you otherwise a positive and all 5 stars?

So just for perspective,

Thoughts?

What type of shipping did they pay for? What kind did you use?

How many days after receipt of payment did you wait before sending the item?

Me personally, I get pretty annoyed if I buy something and it isn't shipped out on the next business day after they receive payment. There's no worse feeling than having your money gone, and not knowing when (or if) your item is going to ship.

doubly so if the seller uses some kind of weak shipping method that doesn't have tracking. Even USPS Priority mail has tracking, and it's only like $3.

If I can't make it to the PO the day after payment, I always make a point to tell the buyer that I am unable to and when I can (but usually I ship the day after, or same day). Still, the buyer should have asked you about it unless there's more to the story. Even if you did sit on it for a day or two, their reaction sounds somewhat unreasonable to me. How important was it that they got it? Did someone die because they didn't have it when they had hoped? Jeez..

I go by the post office Tues, Thurs and Sat, so it could be a couple days before I ship, especially if you pay on the weekend.

Upon receipt of payment, I send an email thanking them, and note when I will ship the item.

After shipping I send another one with tracking info. It all goes priority with DC. Item was delivered on a Monday, guess they held the weekend against me.

Positive feedback, "slow shipping" in the comment, hit me on the shipping speed stars.

I thought clicking "pay" to in your hands in 7 calendar days was reasonable. Didn't think I deserved the comment (or the DSR ding)

Most people say "fast ship" in their comments!

Then again, in 2009, we want everything NOW.

/sigh

Edited by poobah

Me personally, I get pretty annoyed if I buy something and it isn't shipped out on the next business day after they receive payment. There's no worse feeling than having your money gone, and not knowing when (or if) your item is going to ship.

doubly so if the seller uses some kind of weak shipping method that doesn't have tracking. Even USPS Priority mail has tracking, and it's only like $3.

Next business day would be nice, but isn't always practical.

Most places take a day or two to prepare and package your order, I don't think that is unreasonable.

See previous post on the communication process.

Incidentally, Priority is $4.95 for the first 16 ounces, plus $0.65 for DC. (which is how I ship, unless requested otherwise)

$5.60 != $3

Edited by poobah

I go by the post office Tues, Thurs and Sat, so it could be a couple days before I ship, especially if you pay on the weekend.

Upon receipt of payment, I send an email thanking them, and note when I will ship the item.

After shipping I send another one with tracking info. It all goes priority with DC. Item was delivered on a Monday, guess they held the weekend against me.

Positive feedback, "slow shipping" in the comment, hit me on the shipping speed stars.

I thought clicking "pay" to in your hands in 7 calendar days was reasonable. Didn't think I deserved the comment (or the DSR ding)

/sigh

Actually I should have said as well, if you sent them an email letting them know of a "delay" then it's certainly cool. Communication is the key. As one who buys more than sells, if a seller responds to my emails and lets me know what's going on, I'll be willing to tolerate even a long delay. Shit happens y know?

The dsr rating sucks, sorry that happened. The comment part is crud anyway. Nobody reads them unless it's a neg.

/sigh

Actually I should have said as well, if you sent them an email letting them know of a "delay" then it's certainly cool. Communication is the key. As one who buys more than sells, if a seller responds to my emails and lets me know what's going on, I'll be willing to tolerate even a long delay. Shit happens y know?

The dsr rating sucks, sorry that happened. The comment part is crud anyway. Nobody reads them unless it's a neg.

yah, not a big deal, but it bugs me.

I try to be a good shipper: not overcharge shipping, pack stuff really well, send out email with DC info, etc.

I don't sell on ebay anymore, but when I did, nothing frustrated me more than people who left poor feedback or would hound me with emails concerning why it's taking so long for their item to get there (um, you just bought it yesterday and didn't opt for overnight delivery?). Yet it seemed like every time I bought something, weeks would go by before I received my purchase.

I so don't miss that crap.

Sounds like what you did was reasonable. That sort of unreasonable buyer (and sellers) just comes with the ebay territory. If you don't run into those very often, I guess just consider yourself lucky. Lots of screwballs out there in the world, this one sounds only like a very minor screwball in the grand scheme.

Sweet Jesus. Anyone bitching that 7 days is too long is an idiot. I have a pal who runs an eBay store and he tells me horror stories of folks who pay for an item then email him 48 hours later demanding to know why they haven't gotten it yet. Even if he shipped it the same day he got payment, that ain't happening from Ohio to Oregon! His reply was fairly smarmy - "It would've been there the same day, but our transporter is on the fritz again. Once our time machine arrives, we'll go back and mail it to you so you get it 5 minutes after placing your order!"

I guess I remember the old days of ordering via the post office. You put your order form and payment in a letter; mail it to the company (taking a week there); they get it and process it with "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery." So you had to have a bit of patience when the process took 2 months from you mailing out payment to getting your bauble.

I get pretty annoyed if I buy something and it isn't shipped out on the next business day after they receive payment.

If you're this impatient, may I suggest perhaps mail order is not for you.

Maybe you're unaware, but they have things called "stores" now where you can go in and choose merchandise and after you pay for it, you get to take it home immediately -- no waiting! Might be a little more your speed.

I think 7 days perfectly reasonable. When I do sell on eBay, I try to schedule the auctions to end on a day where I can get to the post office (usually Saturdays since I work Monday-Friday) so that way I can ship out immediately following payment.

I also make sure to e-mail the buyer to let them know when the item has issued. I usually never get the same courtesy when buying however. Though there's a few sellers I've purchased from recently that have been really good about shipping fast, and giving tracking.

I had one instance back in October where it took the seller over 3 weeks before he actually shipped the item. That definitely is not good service...I suspected he didn't have the item despite the fact he was offering it for sale.

Edited by Linkz1

I do much more buying than selling.. I can't remember the last time I bought something on eBay and received it in less than a week. The normal case is about 10 days with 2 weeks not being uncommon. The last "big" item I bought took almost 55 days (granted it was overseas via slowboat).

Being upset over an item taking a week from order to arrival is nuts.

Edited by ThumpNugget

So just for perspective,

Thoughts?

What is this persons ebay id, i would like to block them, they didnt pay priority,they should have no complaints Edited by huskers1987

Did you ask the buyer why they left such poor feedback? If I received a feedback, I would certainly ask them what the problem was!

I live in Canada: our postal system can be terrible so I'm pleasantly surprised whenever I receive anything in less than two or three weeks.