IGNORED

The 2009 Atari 2600 collector Hall of Fame vote

homerwannabee

I still need some Xonox boxes.....the grey hangman, I think I have that one. But remember, I also have an immense prototype collection (probably one of the best). I also have a ton of Atari memorabilia that I have purchased recently along with 99.5% complete homebrew/hacks collection. Do you have the Xonox boxes?????? Or, if anybody does and wants to sell them, let me know. ;)

Hey hey, whoa, can we allow campaigning in here?!?! I thought it was none within 50 yards of the voting booths?!?

j/k, actually, I had thought Wonder007 had already been inducted, but now I see he hasn't, so please add Wonder007 to my previous list, Homer, thanks.

I will definitely add him to your list. You can vote for up to 10 people so your still in the clear

Do I vote of the Sheer Love and Buying Power of good ole Jose' (Wonder, Who I met, and is a very nice guy)Or Jerry G Who's Halls, I have strolled through, in total Amazement. It is going to take some thinking. HHW

You know you can vote for more than one person? Up to 10 in fact :)

Wonder007 Shear Love for the hobby and Buying Power.

jerry g All I can say is Amazing

Ianoid Good Guy Massive amount of stuff.

iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin Great Sealed collection All around good guy.

AtariPitbull Nice collection, great guy

Albert Great Homebrew collection :grin:

I would Vote for Joe, but the title is collector Joe is one of the nicest guys, but not really a collector.

Edited by hhwolfman

I'm wondering now about the voting method. If people are allowed up to 10 votes, but they're all weighted the same... how many total "nominees" from those votes are there? I haven't added it up, but it seems to me like there's probably only about 10, or just a couple more than 10. Unless there's something I'm not understanding about it, it may have made more sense to just give each person one vote, as the result the way it is now isn't going to be very meaningful.

Edited by Mirage1972

I'm wondering now about the voting method. If people are allowed up to 10 votes, but they're all weighted the same... how many total "nominees" from those votes are there? I haven't added it up, but it seems to me like there's probably only about 10, or just a couple more than 10. Unless there's something I'm not understanding about it, it may have made more sense to just give each person one vote, as the result the way it is now isn't going to be very meaningful.

Trust me the votes are still meaningful. I have been doing it this way the first 3 years, and so far not one year has there ever been more than one person elected. A person either needs 75 percent of the vote or the highest total. 75 percent may seem like a piece of cake, but in reality it's not.

I didn't realize they have to have 75% of the vote. I hope you at least see my point though? I see a lot of people voting for 10 people. I think those voters are basically throwing away their vote, because say there's really only 10 to 12 people in total in the thing to begin with. They are pretty much negating their "vote" altogether. It seems to me a better way to do it would be to have a nominations round first. Then, once you have 10 or so nominees, everyone gets one vote. But, whatever, it's your deal.

Rick is the one person who knows what I need for my collection to be complete since he was the only person I went to for a few 2600 pictures for my book Classic 80's Home Video Games in early 2008 and Now I have added about 6 more rare boxed games and 20-30 variations. So I am down to a handfull and I have almost every variation boxed also. Eveyone can look at my collection every day in the book or I keep the collection at my store in a back room and just let me know when you want to see it. Many Atari age members have passed by the store and walked around the room.

Edited by Trade-N-Games

xonox boxes are @$!#$%* hard to find! took me years for those last 2 and yes i have them all! :cool: but not for sale! :P

98% that's only missing like 12-15 boxes?

Rick

I know I will get the Xonox stuff soon.....I have an inside track on one person that has many of the ones I need so that might change soon. Believe it or not, some of the other boxes I need are more common ones (from the top of my head- complete Shuttle Orbitor I need). I also need a complete Tooth Protectors (got the cart), Pepsi Invaders box and a complete Music Machine (got the cart and records). I know the Atari 2600 memorabilia that I bought from two major well-known collectors recently will balance out my boxed collection. Also, my prototype collection is awesome and unique (former major proto owners can vouch for me on this)- (I have over 300 protos (not including single EPROMs pictured on Tempest's website and in ROM Pattern folders). I got original Atari artwork and original drawings on when Atari manuals and boxes were being designed. I got all of the homebrews and hacks (except for Ebivision's Pac Man (got the cart but no box) and an orignal Yahtzee). Got two Imagic game centers and one Parker Bros game center.......I am possibly going to be acquiring an Atari Game Center soon....keeping fingers crossed..... I got a ton of the other items that I cannot remember right now....... go figure.....

I mentioned the above because people have been sending me PM's on what I have so the above is just a snapshot...... :)

What's that parker brothers game center look like? I don't think I have seen that one.

I'll place my vote later... this just made me curious though!

Got any Lynx stuff Jose?

xonox boxes are @$!#$%* hard to find! took me years for those last 2 and yes i have them all! :cool: but not for sale! :P

98% that's only missing like 12-15 boxes?

Rick

I know I will get the Xonox stuff soon.....I have an inside track on one person that has many of the ones I need so that might change soon. Believe it or not, some of the other boxes I need are more common ones (from the top of my head- complete Shuttle Orbitor I need). I also need a complete Tooth Protectors (got the cart), Pepsi Invaders box and a complete Music Machine (got the cart and records). I know the Atari 2600 memorabilia that I bought from two major well-known collectors recently will balance out my boxed collection. Also, my prototype collection is awesome and unique (former major proto owners can vouch for me on this)- (I have over 300 protos (not including single EPROMs pictured on Tempest's website and in ROM Pattern folders). I got original Atari artwork and original drawings on when Atari manuals and boxes were being designed. I got all of the homebrews and hacks (except for Ebivision's Pac Man (got the cart but no box) and an orignal Yahtzee). Got two Imagic game centers and one Parker Bros game center.......I am possibly going to be acquiring an Atari Game Center soon....keeping fingers crossed..... I got a ton of the other items that I cannot remember right now....... go figure.....

I mentioned the above because people have been sending me PM's on what I have so the above is just a snapshot...... :)

What's that parker brothers game center look like? I don't think I have seen that one.

I'll place my vote later... this just made me curious though!

Got any Lynx stuff Jose?

Hey Eric.....try the following link.....there are several pictures; they are all the same unit that I bought...ENJOY!!!! :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?&...m&album=105

Don't have Atari lynx stuff though...sorry!! :(

Edited by Wonder007

Cool! That is neat!

awesome, huh???!?!!!/ :) And, the woman I bought it from said she had another one and that her father had thrown it away......now, that is sad..... :(

I had this bad boy shipped from Great Britain; it was expensive as heck but she did a GREAT job packing it and she was great throughout the whole process..... :)

Well, it's hard for me to vote for people who's collections I have never seen. I know there are quite a few heavy hitters with massive collections out there but few of them actually post pics :( Some memorable collections I can think of off the top of my head...

1 - Ataripitbull (does he still own it though??)

2 - Tradengames (saw some snap shots at the MGC a few years ago, I imagine he has even more now)

3 - Romhunter (for his collection of pictures)

4 - Mayhem (cool homebrew collection)

5 - Iwan (for his collection of "virgins")

6 - That dude with the cuukoo clock collection, can't think of his name right now..anthony? something like that.

7 - toymailman (he should at least get the fastest award, I mean damn! That guy has a near complete collection in just a few years!)

8 - bfstats (I remember his wall picture from a classic video game book I owned, very motivating picture)

9 - Cassidy (extra points for presentation, his 2600 set up looks like it would be a lot of fun to use as well as admire)

10 - Homerwannabee (I honestly think this place would not be the same with out him, I am not sure if that is good or bad :D )

I know there are more, I have already thought of a couple but I just went with the first 10 I thought of so no hard feelings alright :)

Well, it's hard for me to vote for people who's collections I have never seen. I know there are quite a few heavy hitters with massive collections out there but few of them actually post pics :( Some memorable collections I can think of off the top of my head...

1 - That dude with the cuukoo clock collection, can't think of his name right now..anthony? something like that.

I know there are more, I have already thought of a couple but I just went with the first 10 I thought of so no hard feelings alright :)

YAY for fdurso224........ :thumbsup: :D

1 - That dude with the cuukoo clock collection, can't think of his name right now..anthony? something like that.

Yeah, thats the guy. He gets my vote for the awesome presentation of his collection :)

1 - Ataripitbull (does he still own it though??)

2 - Tradengames (saw some snap shots at the MGC a few years ago, I imagine he has even more now)

3 - Romhunter (for his collection of pictures)

4 - Mayhem (cool homebrew collection)

5 - Iwan (for his collection of "virgins")

6 - That dude with the cuukoo clock collection, can't think of his name right now..anthony? something like that.

7 - toymailman (he should at least get the fastest award, I mean damn! That guy has a near complete collection in just a few years!)

8 - bfstats (I remember his wall picture from a classic video game book I owned, very motivating picture)

9 - Cassidy (extra points for presentation, his 2600 set up looks like it would be a lot of fun to use as well as admire)

10 - Homerwannabee (I honestly think this place would not be the same with out him, I am not sure if that is good or bad :D )

No hard feelings..... :)

I bought out one of the collectors on your list (all minus the carts since I already have them).... :)

Edited by Wonder007

Yeah, thats the guy. He gets my vote for the awesome presentation of his collection :)

Hey, where are those pictures of fdurso224 Collection. :?

Hey, where are those pictures of fdurso224 Collection. :?

Hi guys,

Give me a bit. Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow. I have to take a few out of the boxes.

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224