IGNORED

Hi! question about the Atari - Jr. Pac-Man discovered!

FrauBlucha

• 1 month later...

You Also Need Google Chrome For This , It Is A Cool Hack Of Ms. Pac-Man I Made That You Can Edit With Pac-Man Construction Set!! (For Atari 7800) However The Fourth Maze Is A Little Messed Up

1. You don't require Google Chrome to download.

2. Excessive use of emoticons is not necessary.

3. These maps are pretty good, but these should really be *moved* into the 7800 Hacks forum.

-Jeff

• 1 year later...

*UPDATE*

Thanks to jwierer and Shawn Sr.,

I found a very elusive bug that would (depending on the revision of the 7800) make the console think the HSC is plugged in when it isn't. *CRASH*

Here is the fixed version.

Also got a case of the 'might-as-wells' and updated the Ms. Pac-Man bitmap to match the Ms. Pac-Man update in the '7800 Hacks' forum. That bin also suffered from the same fate, so you might want to grab that one as well.

Thanks,

Bob

Is this the final build of this ever done? On my 7800 is shows lots of on-screen garbage

I'm going to apologize in advance, because normally I really would take the time to read through a thread to get the lowdown. But 20 pages....um, well, I'm hoping someone can give me the 20 second summarization here.

Was a proto of Jr. Pac really found? And if so, is the one that Bob authored and is for sale in the store based on that, or started from scratch?

I'm just really curious....I didn't realize that there was an original Jr ever started for the 7800, and wanted to know how (if at all) it relates to the one in the store.

Thanks!

I'm going to apologize in advance, because normally I really would take the time to read through a thread to get the lowdown. But 20 pages....um, well, I'm hoping someone can give me the 20 second summarization here.

Was a proto of Jr. Pac really found? And if so, is the one that Bob authored and is for sale in the store based on that, or started from scratch?

I'm just really curious....I didn't realize that there was an original Jr ever started for the 7800, and wanted to know how (if at all) it relates to the one in the store.

Thanks!

No. There never was a proto of Jr. Pac. The proto was an early Fool's Day prank. The proto of Jr. Pac was an early version of Bob's Jr. Pac.

FrauBlucha was a joke account for Bob. It was used for setting up up the April Fool Day prank. Albert was on the prank and allowed Bob to have a 2nd account as a result.

At the time, most Atariage members had no clue that Bob was developing Jr. Pac. The small of Atariage members that knew about the development of Jr. Pac, wanted Bob to use the early version as a "Prototype" for an April's Day prank.

Edited by 8th lutz

Here's the last NTSC bin just to make sure...

Thanks, Bob! It worked liked a charm! The build I had must have been corrupt.

As always, fantastic work. Strangely, my Pac Man experience growing up was generally limited to Ms Pac Man ... which was everywhere. It's been great to discover all of these other games in the family, thanks to you efforts.

• 1 year later...
Here's the last NTSC bin just to make sure...

Bob

What is the latest version of this, (no rom in the above post)? I was looking through my roms and realized I have several versions, all non-dated. I thought I'd look on here to see what versions I had but I see that the roms got removed a while back, but not replaced like the other games.

Thanks Trebor. Hmm, the a78 file is padded to 128K. That 128K a78 file works, but the 32K bin doesn't have background graphics in the intro or the maze, so it's unplayable. If you remove the padding from the a78 file, you get the same result. Does the bin work on a CC2? Is this really the latest bin?.. since the one posted in 2011 is gone, I can't compare.

Edited by KevinMos3

• 4 years later...

Hey Trebor:

Thank you for all of your compliments. icon_smile.gif

Here are the changes you requested. One thing, though... Regarding point #1, I had done the same thing to Pac-Man Collection, so those should be the same. It's the original 7800 version of Ms. Pac-Man that has the 'missing row'. icon_smile.gif

Bob

Cannot thank you enough!!!!

• 4 years later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing JR. PAC-MAN on tomorrow's (Fri Apr 16, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

1464894186_20210416-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.f5a3b061ccf7635bd0b688dcd320cade.jpg

• Like 1