IGNORED

Hi! question about the Atari - Jr. Pac-Man discovered!

FrauBlucha

Atari paid GCC for all their work. We know this. Atari never released this game, so it was never a commercially viable product. therefore, no one is losing anything by the ROM being made public, because there's no way to gauge what it "might" have made, had it been released.

Since Atari paid GCC, it belongs to Atari then does'nt it? Either way it would not have belonged to any of us.

Justifiy it all you want but had this been a true proto, this distribution of it would have been what I

consider piracy....oh and so would any judge as past verdict have shown. Code completion has

NOTHING to do with who has a right to what. You would think you'd have learned from my personal

experiences with Gorf Classic for Jaguar, just how important these IP's are to a company, even Midway

who has not touched the Gorf I.P. since the eighties......this makes it not ONE bit less their property as

I had found out the hard way. There is also no longer a time limit on on IP's...they are for life.

Gorf, dude - seriously.

NO ONE cares about this but you. go take your crusade to someone who cares.

Thankfully this is not a proto and can be played by all.

However, I'm at all suprised at this response,especially from you. It's also not suprising your attitude

that no one cares. A lot more people care than you care to admit to or wish concede to.

Edited by Gorf

However, I'm at all suprised at this response,especially from you. It's also not suprising your attitude

that no one cares. A lot more people care than you care to admit to or wish concede to.

And yet you spend so much time here on a site that hosts 100's of evil copyrighted roms, many without explicit permission.

Hey Al, don't you know your taking the food right out of people's mouths, raping their wives and murdering their pets.......

:roll:

Alright, that's enough.

Three protos were dumped last yr and the roms released and this year it's a homebrew. All are being played and enjoyed. If you don't like it don't play it but why it was necessary to make comments like that after you obvious appreciation is beyond me. Please take it to PMs or if you have that much of a problem don't read it and use the ignore. But do not turn a wonderful occasion into a crap fest.

Thank you.

ps - it's also most of all an insult to all the people who worked hard to make it possible especially PacManPlus

Alright, that's enough.

Three protos were dumped last yr and the roms released and this year it's a homebrew. All are being played and enjoyed. If you don't like it don't play it but why it was necessary to make comments like that after you obvious appreciation is beyond me. Please take it to PMs or if you have that much of a problem don't read it and use the ignore. But do not turn a wonderful occasion into a crap fest.

Thank you.

exactly. Thank you.

Anywho, to bring this back somewhat on topic.

Question about Jr.Pac-Man. Not this version in particular but Jr.Pac-Man in general.

Most of the pac-man games all have a specific maximum score you can achieve per level. All dots + eat all ghosts on every power pill + all fruits/bonuses.

This rule doesn't apply to Jr.Pac-Man, does it?

I'm assuming no because the bonuses change the value of dots it touches and that is an inconsistant variable since you'll be eating them. That and also since power pills kill the bonuses, as you eat the power pills, you leave open areas where the bonus could travel further and effect other dots. I don't even see a strict pattern as being possible to achive this since the variables that effect bonuses change during play.

:ponder:

Edited by Artlover

almost all of the original Atari protos and games were paid directly and the Idea of a royalty for games did not really exist.... in fact any attemp at such thing usually failed. It was simpler game back then, You made it you got paid. I bought it I did what I wanted with it. Almost anything that got licensed was a fixed amount as well, with clauses for sequels or renewal. The idea that anyone is loosing anything at all is a farce. And anyone I ever contacted about this has always said the same thing. I got paid for what I did. End of story do what you want with it. Or conversely, I never got a dime cause they went out of business, wow can I get a copy it work, I can't believe someone actually had this. Or sometimes, I have this more complete version. Not once had anybody ever said I am going to sue you, take every thing you own. Burn everything that software touched. The only people who seem to have a problem are those trying to make money off the protos or those who infringe on the name of some movie or game and then go on vendetta and spout off about the money they might loose on the non licensed possibly permission given port copy version of the original game or namesake as if the entire concept coding look feel marketing and original works as well as copyright were done themselves.

And yet you spend so much time here on a site that hosts 100's of evil copyrighted roms, many without explicit permission.

Hey Al, don't you know your taking the food right out of people's mouths, raping their wives and murdering their pets.......

:roll:

A most dubious exaggeration of my position but it's not suprising. Thief once, thief always I guess.

Alright, that's enough.

Three protos were dumped last yr and the roms released and this year it's a homebrew. All are being played and enjoyed. If you don't like it don't play it but why it was necessary to make comments like that after you obvious appreciation is beyond me.

I believe I was NOT the one to bring it up. Go back and re-read the thread.

Bob did a great job and has nothing to do with my rebuttle to someone's statement

that sounds like the typical comment concerning property they have no right to.

"Oh no one will care." As if that justifies it. Again, Gorf Classic shows that even 25+

years after the fact they are concerned enough about it.

Again, I was not the first one to bring this up.

All fixed. Wasn't too difficult, actually.

Try this one:

Underball,

Alright...I was finally was able to get MESS to compile [MAME sources are needed first (From the same version number), then overwrite in same directory with MESS source]. Anyhow, the following error(s) occurred when reaching 7800.c:

Compiling src/mess/drivers/a7800.c...

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:105:19: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:111:21: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:117:25: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:123:19: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:129:21: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:135:26: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:141:20: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:147:20: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:153:25: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:159:24: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:165:25: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:171:20: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:177:27: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:183:27: error: backslash and newline separated by space

src/mess/drivers/a7800.c:189:27: error: backslash and newline separated by space

mingw32-make: *** [obj/windows/mess/mess/drivers/a7800.o] Error 1

Unfortunately, this also means the file I sent Nathan Woods (MESS Coordinator) will bomb as well :-(

Do you think you can fix the above errors in the 7800.c source file? I tried myself deleting some "space"(s) I thought the message was referring to but either didn't change a thing or made things worst.

Thanks,

Trebor

7800SOURCES.zip

P.S. I'm reattaching the orginal MESS 7800.c source along with your changed 7800.c source...When I view the files under Notepad your source looks a heck of a lot "neatier" than the original. Perhaps your formatting is too clean or when you made the changes it saved in a way which removed the needed formatting structure of the original source file to compile correctly.

Alright, that's enough.

Thank you.

exactly. Thank you.

Exactly what? That you folks around here cant see the reasonable point I making. Having a game

is more important that what is right to you . That is what I see as the 'exactly' around here.

almost all of the original Atari protos and games were paid directly and the Idea of a royalty for games did not really exist.... in fact any attemp at such thing usually failed. It was simpler game back then, You made it you got paid. I bought it I did what I wanted with it. Almost anything that got licensed was a fixed amount as well, with clauses for sequels or renewal. The idea that anyone is loosing anything at all is a farce. And anyone I ever contacted about this has always said the same thing. I got paid for what I did. End of story do what you want with it. Or conversely, I never got a dime cause they went out of business, wow can I get a copy it work, I can't believe someone actually had this. Or sometimes, I have this more complete version. Not once had anybody ever said I am going to sue you, take every thing you own. Burn everything that software touched. The only people who seem to have a problem are those trying to make money off the protos or those who infringe on the name of some movie or game and then go on vendetta and spout off about the money they might loose on the non licensed possibly permission given port copy version of the original game or namesake as if the entire concept coding look feel marketing and original works as well as copyright were done themselves.

It still is not justification to take that which does not belong to you. I learned the hard way.

Dont learn the hard way. OR....be a stubborn fool and have the wrath of vid game company

lawyers all over you. So far we've all been lucky. Some day someone will take action. It's

only a matter of time.

Ah... There, that's better!

Manage your ignored users

This section allows you to set up your ignored users list.

When you add a user to your ignore list, any posts they make will be masked until you specify that you wish to read them. You may not be able to ignore users if they are in a member group which doesn't allow them to be added.

Name Group Posts

Gorf 3446

Edited by Underball

It's awesome that some of you guys are running with the game and working on it as well. It speaks volumes for the talent of many AA members. I'm really impressed! Many Kudos!!!

Seconded.

Shannon Posted Today, 7:48 AM

Ugggh groan...

I really don't give a rat, pig, sheep, or kitten's a$$ who brought it up first I am just asking that you not continue in this thread. Start another battle somewhere else and let the Mods decide where to move it or just be a bigger adult and ignore it - if it's the right thing to do. I also don't appreciate you continuing after I asked you to stop.

And I also did not state any particular members name in my request but if you feel it applies take my request to heart and mind. I am going to leave this alone now in this thread and I highly suggest you do the same.

Alright, that's enough.

Three protos were dumped last yr and the roms released and this year it's a homebrew. All are being played and enjoyed. If you don't like it don't play it but why it was necessary to make comments like that after you obvious appreciation is beyond me.

I believe I was NOT the one to bring it up. Go back and re-read the thread.

Bob did a great job and has nothing to do with my rebuttle to someone's statement

that sounds like the typical comment concerning property they have no right to.

"Oh no one will care." As if that justifies it. Again, Gorf Classic shows that even 25+

years after the fact they are concerned enough about it.

Again, I was not the first one to bring this up.

Can't we all just get along?

"Look to the cookie" -J. Seinfeld :D

Serious question...

Not tested but here it is...

a7800.zip ( 3.95K )

The fix, is that for the CC2 version or is that another version?

Thanks much :)

Edited by Phantom