IGNORED

Hi! question about the Atari - Jr. Pac-Man discovered!

FrauBlucha

Well I know it's not me... I'm as curious as anyone else here (actually I didn't even really notice this thread; I was redirected to it from the "Prototype found!" thread in the 'Prototype' forum).

Yes, Dylan - please take pics of the screen as soon as you can... please...

I will be very upset if this ends up being the 2600 version retrofitted on a 7800 board. :(

Bob

Well I know it's not me... I'm as curious as anyone else here (actually I didn't even really notice this thread; I was redirected to it from the "Prototype found!" thread in the 'Prototype' forum).

Yes, Dylan - please take pics of the screen as soon as you can... please...

I will be very upset if this ends up being the 2600 version retrofitted on a 7800 board. :(

Bob

Not I either. I would think if it is 2600 jr pacman running on a 7800 board they would not have need extra ram since the 7800 could have supplied it. What kind of board is Save Mary 7800ish version on? But if it is pirate or hack it is anyone's guess; they may have used what they have. I really hope we get to see what it is and it doesn't end up getting sold or ebayed first.

--Ken

thanks!

here are the pictures, as requested... sorry for the bad quality, my phone doesn't take the best pics lol

i'll try them once i have found some controllers. so the black chips face the back? ok

whell now that i looked at the carts more in detail w monitor turned up those are definantly 7800 carts cause see the extra pcb's on each side making them only 7800 socket carts you should beable to test them that way.

oh ps..

if you plug them in backwards you could blow up rom but probably will only just get noisy lines on 7800 like pulling a 2600 cart out when its on is bad but if you power off 7800 unplug power pack turn back on to KILL capacitor power then plug cart in chips parts side facing tv then plug power pack in then turn on you should get at least one of those carts to ''light up''

I plug my bootleg cart in all the time w chip facing tv and solder side facing me all the time IN FACT the plastic has no electrical propertys exept mabie prevents some static discharge so i suggest gnding youre self and touch a gnd whilst picking one of those carts up also you could take a 7800 game you hate and change the shell out .

GOOD LUCK

here i saw a link on google to this

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/TWO-NEW-Mint-Atari-...emZ380100241511

that should help you w youre joystick finding PLUS it states purchases meaning they have more than one lot good news for you...

Edited by awace

hi

ok i took pictures with my phone (sorry for the quality - i really need a new phone)

i also looked on line for a picture of the 2600 version like you guys said, and it led me back here, lol. this definately is not the same version.

so this was never released? how did my father get it then? I asked him, and he says he doesn't remember exactly, but i think he just doesn't want to be bothered. :(

post-22800-1237381109_thumb.jpg

post-22800-1237381125_thumb.jpg

post-22800-1237381130_thumb.jpg

post-22800-1237381143_thumb.jpg

I think FrauBlucha is teasing us here.

Obviously we now know Jr. Pac-Man exists on the 7800.

But I'm a little suspect of someone claiming it was their dad's atari and not knowing much abotu it, but having a username and avatar related to a movie from the mid-late 1970's

Somebody's funnin' us here, but I like it. Can't wait to get my greedy hands on a ROM or a Cart.

hi

the reason i chose fraublucha is because i just watched the movie on dvd with my dad last month (he wanted me to see it) and i lol'ed at so many things i cant seem to forget them.

he works a lot of hours now so he doesn't have much time by the time he gets home, which might be why he doesnt seem to care about these games any more :(

so this means i have something that hasn't been released? nobody really has this?

someone said something about dumping it... how do i do that? im going to florida to visit my mom on friday and i'll be back on monday so if it's something i have to do or buy i can do it then...

hi

the reason i chose fraublucha is because i just watched the movie on dvd with my dad last month (he wanted me to see it) and i lol'ed at so many things i cant seem to forget them.

he works a lot of hours now so he doesn't have much time by the time he gets home, which might be why he doesnt seem to care about these games any more :(

so this means i have something that hasn't been released? nobody really has this?

someone said something about dumping it... how do i do that? im going to florida to visit my mom on friday and i'll be back on monday so if it's something i have to do or buy i can do it then...

Yes, this should definately be dumped :) You have the only known copy. Dumping it includes reading it (just like a console would) and copying the cart's contents to a computer so It can be preserved/enjoyed by all on emulators. Where are you located? I am in Michigan, and could do it for you. If no one is in your area, you could always send it to someone like Albert (runs this site) or CPUWIZ (a very respected member) assuming they are willing to do it for you.

Edited by Wickeycolumbus

Yes, this should definately be dumped :) You have the only known copy. Dumping it includes reading it (just like a console would) and copying the cart's contents to a computer so It can be preserved/enjoyed by all on emulators. Where are you located? I am in Michigan, and could do it for you. If no one is in your area, you could always send it to someone like Albert (runs this site) or CPUWIZ (a very respected member) assuming they are willing to do it for you.

I'd be glad to dump it. I've already sent a PM. :)

..Al