IGNORED

Glenn the 5200 Man found!!! ;)

Allan

OK, then the kid on the right is Drew Barrymore? She looks bigger than I remember....

Oh and

I finally found out who Glenn the 5200 Man who did all those 5200 to 8-bit conversions was.

Do you know guys name, what happened to him (is he still alive?) and if the 5200 wasn't an 8-bit (which I thought it was) what is it?

Whew... What a way to ask so many questions.

Hope you don't mind :)

Do you know guys name, what happened to him (is he still alive?) and if the 5200 wasn't an 8-bit (which I thought it was) what is it?

Whew... What a way to ask so many questions.

Hope you don't mind  :)

LP, just down the block on this forum:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10020

someone asked the same question, I didn't pipe in because after looking around newgroups I don't think anyone has any reliable information on who he really was and where he is currently.

Tempest wrote:

Can you try and get a good shot of the 5200 boxes for Tempest and Battlezone?  

Here's one for starters. I don't think you can see the front of the Battlezone box, just the side. You can see the front of Tempest though. The one mock up of Tempest floating around on the Net uses a different picture. I have a ad for Battlezone that has half the box though. I will scan and post it in a few minutes.

Allan

post-187-1032367491_thumb.jpg

Yeah that Battlezone box is definately a mock up, 2600 and 5200 games almost never used the same artwork. However that is the artwork the XE version used so maybe it would have looked like that afterall?

Too bad that Tempest pic is so grainy, I can't make it out very well.

Tempest

Personally I think 'Glenn' was an Atari employee who obviously had to remain a mystery. IMOHO.

Allan

Sounds like the most reasonable explanation. Weren't 5200 games actually developed on the Home computer? And then modified for the 5200? Seems like I read this somewhere. Instead of porting a 5200 game to the 800, "Glenn" would only have to have access to the original code before modification. This would explain how he did so many games in such a short time frame.

I have never seen Cloak and Dagger. If it weren't for Tempest I doubt I'd have even heard of the film.

Go find and rent it. Like Wizard, it's all one big advertisement for Atari. But it is a bit more fun than Wizard. Also a bit darker as there's some actual murders.

Does anybody know if Cloak & Dagger is ever going to come out on DVD? Then we can get a much better shots of all the Atari boxes in the movie.

I wish I knew, I've posted in alt.video.dvd to see if anyone there knows.

I have Cloak and Dagger on Laserdisc - much better than smudgy old VHS :)

Damned hard to find, but worth it for the Atari memories...

I have put a couple of my laserdiscs onto DVD (SW/ESB and ROTJ) and the quality is pretty good...

I wonder what screen caprutes from LD woudl look like???

sTeVE