IGNORED

Cant get a game to reset on 2600

huskers1987

I have a few smurf save the day games and I cant get my atari to reset to play them, I put the game in turn it on, the front screen comes up with the smurf and I hit reset and nothing, Am I doing something wrong here? Ive cleaned the game computer chip but just cannot get them to play, Ive tried 3 different atari systems..........any help would be appreciated.........Thanks

1) Select color. If using emulator, press and release the key that selects that option.

2) Press the joystick down. Do not continue holding down, just move it once and release. If using emulator, a quick tap of the "down" key is usually enough.

3) Select B&W. If using emulator, press and release the key that selects that option.

4) Hold down the Game Select switch...or the key for that function in an emulator.

5) Press the joystick up. The game screen should come up immediately...but may not if your emulator has problems with multiple keypresses (i.e. select+up together).

why don't you try it in the z26 emulator?

I dont know what that is? inform me

Let your fingers do the walkin'. Google z26 and ye shall be enlightened!

I understand that its a program, but dont you have to hook your atari up to your computer somehow,to load the games......?

No, that would be missing the point of an emulator. What it does is allow you to play Atari 2600 games on your modern computer. You can find emulators for most any system ever made (including standalone arcade and pinball machines).

I'd suggest you use Stella instead, since you appear to be new to the idea.