IGNORED

Air Sea Battle v Space Invaders

Bountybob

That could be subject to personal opinion...which game you personally prefer. Tho based on popularity, it would be Space Invaders by a longshot (a game that sold the console). It might be difficult to find people that bought the console to play Air-Sea Battle specifically.

Air-sea battle was a good, two-player simultaneous game for its time. Certainly it was one of the games that impressed me back in 1978/79 when I used a VCS for the first time at a friend's house.

But what made me beg my parents for a VCS was Space Invaders.

That could be subject to personal opinion...which game you personally prefer. Tho based on popularity, it would be Space Invaders by a longshot (a game that sold the console). It might be difficult to find people that bought the console to play Air-Sea Battle specifically.

Yes that's a good point but Air Sea Battle looked really cool in the department store before I got the console.I guess Space Invaders

was Atari's killer App Trump Card.The game that left every other toy that Christmas far behind on Santa's wish list.I know I was lucky

to get it.I had kids coming around my house in amazement to look at it even the Television guy who fixed our TV to get the

Atari working on it was excited to see it. :) :)

Yes that's a good point but Air Sea Battle looked really cool in the department store before I got the console.I guess Space Invaders

was Atari's killer App Trump Card.The game that left every other toy that Christmas far behind on Santa's wish list.I know I was lucky

to get it.I had kids coming around my house in amazement to look at it even the Television guy who fixed our TV to get the

air sea battle is great i like it way better mainly the shooting gallery with the big smiley faces how you can play with/against a friend

and how you can select homing/guided shots

but space invaders does have than sense of urgency and is an "arcade game"

so its really comparing apples to oranges arcade games vs home games

I remember playing Air Sea Battle on the big kiosk at Sears while I was really really wanting an Atari. I later got an Atari and Breakout for Christmas around 1980. I never had Air Sea Battle or Space Invaders until 1990 or so when I discovered the joy of flea markets and started collecting games.

I got my first 2600 with Air Sea Battle Space Invders had not come out yet.

Perhaps it was one of the most popular games prior to Space Invaders ?

So you got Combat and Air Sea Battle that was a nice bundle with a sort of military kind of theme.

When I bought my Sears model it came with Target Fun (aka Air Sea Battle). But of course what I bought with it was Space Invaders.. so yeah, my very first 2 2600 games were these two titles. :)

air sea battle is great i like it way better mainly the shooting gallery with the big smiley faces how you can play with/against a friend

and how you can select homing/guided shots

but space invaders does have than sense of urgency and is an "arcade game"

so its really comparing apples to oranges arcade games vs home games

Air Sea Battle was sort of based on Atari's 1975 arcade game Anti Aircraft which didn't even have a CPU.

http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/softwa...ircraft_cab.jpg

http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/softwa...aircraft_s1.jpg

I got my first 2600 with Air Sea Battle Space Invders had not come out yet.

Perhaps it was one of the most popular games prior to Space Invaders ?

So you got Combat and Air Sea Battle that was a nice bundle with a sort of military kind of theme.

When I bought my Sears model it came with Target Fun (aka Air Sea Battle). But of course what I bought with it was Space Invaders.. so yeah, my very first 2 2600 games were these two titles. :)

Cool so you never had Combat you had Air Sea Battle Instead.

• 1 month later...