IGNORED

FC Mobile 2, coming soon...

Hyperkin just alerted me that the FC Mobile 2 will probably be released sometime at the end of this month (March). Once I get some finalized pictures, specs, and a solid release date I will begin taking pre-orders on these. I will also be offering a 10% discount to AA members. I will post the discount code once I a pre-order ready. Keep checking this thread for updates.

Aww, damn it! It seems I won't be able to take advantage of the discount because it seems like all Hyperkin products on StoneAgeGamer aren't shipped anywhere outside the United States(I'm from Canada).

Hopefully, the FC Mobile 2 will have proper NES audio like the RetroDuo.

Edited by Ace_1

Ace_1 this will not be the case for the FC Mobile 2. The only reason those disclaimers are on their current products is because I am temporarily having them drop ship their products from their California facility for me. The FC Mobile 2 will physically be in stock at our facility and will be eligible for international shipping.

Sounds awesome. I might be down for one of these also.

I like the idea of carrying around my 110 in 1 multicart with it.

On the original FC Mobile has anyone ever tried a Jap cart with the converter? 'Cause the multicart I have is one of those pirates.

Edited by yuppicide

I was sent the box art today. Looks a lot better than the original IMO. Unfortunately I was told I could not show it yet. I can tell you that it does have the buttons in the correct configuration (B,A) it also has turbo B and A above the regular buttons.

They moved the reset button to a better location and the start button is now where the reset used to be.

It also comes with 2 wireless controllers and a wireless zapper that can be used when you hook it up to your TV. It comes with AV cables like the original, but also comes with an AC adapter. Hopefully I will have price and pre-orders in the next couple weeks.

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

I know you're not supposed to show us a picture, but googling "FC Mobile 2" on image search turned up some interesting stuff anyway (link)

seems like the cart doesn't slide in much farther than before, and it actually looks like a fatter unit, but otherwise looks nifty

also in the first pic (here)--there's something pink, and PSP sized/shaped with 6 face buttons, and a genesis cart stuck in it--I want one of those

Edited by Reaperman

Those pictures concepts on Google are a little old. However its pretty close to what it looks like (except colo scheme have changed and a reset button was added). The Genesis protable is something Hyperkin is also making. Its called to retroGEN Mobile. I believe it actually has built in licensed Sega games too.

Do you know if the system can take a power supply along with the batteries?

yeah, one of stoneagegamers posts mentions it comes with an AC cord

oh, and to answer my own post about if the wireless controllers are IR or RF, the box says they're 2.4ghz RF, and might actually stand a chance of not totally sucking then.

...I dunno though...I've already seen that slim genesis unit... Might have spoiled me on this idea.

The nomad's screen is looking dated, and I'm ready for a change (especially since I can't use my TV for genesis)

Edited by Reaperman

FC Mobile 2 takes 4 AA batteries or you can use the AC adapter. He said about 10-11 hours of game play from the batteries. He said they will also be releasing a car adapter separately. Kind of weird, but hey at least they are trying.

I was told the retroGEN is rechargeable, but don't hold me to that. I also heard rumors of them working on a SNES portable, but don't hold me to that either. 8)

Edited by StoneAgeGamer