IGNORED

FC Mobile 2, coming soon...

Yyeeahh... looking at it, and seeing the controls... I don't know. The buttons are technically in the right order, so good job there, but having the turbo buttons more accessible than the standard buttons is an extremely queer design decision. It's almost like there's some rule against these guys getting it right. (is there?)

I just picked up a SNES pad, and tried to feel for how an NES game would play using only the Y and B buttons... it's doable. Not ideal, but not having-the-buttons-totally-backward type tough. I'm not going to rule this out yet... but seeing this turned the FCM2 from a "almost sure I'm going to pre-order" to a "let someone else be the guinea pig" console.

SAG, thanks again for posting this. Please know I'm not in any way expressing disappointment in you or your company.. I just can't believe that these companies have been doing this for so long, yet never seem to want to do it right. It's it that ridiculous of a concept that us customers want something that looks and plays like our original NES?

Edited by godslabrat

You are right it should look like the attached image. This image is from their original concept, I am not sure why they changed it.

I have e-mailed them to let them know that this is an issue and I hope its not already in production. Its not as bad as it was on the original FC Mobile, but it should be like the image attached. I hope they can correct this issue if possible before they run production, but it may be too late.

post-22510-1237678158.jpg

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

Yeah, the thing about the button layout. A employee from Hyperkin posted on the Digital Press forums after searching for the FC Mobile 2 after it was first announced. After people complained that the buttons on their original version wasn't that good, people submitted the current layout to the employee and it became the layout for the final version. It's probably too late to change it, they were already at the Midwest Gaming Classic selling them.

I personally like the version that they have now. It's like the RetroDuo, which is good.

Personally I would have rather saw a configuration similar to the Max controller.

So it appears they listened to the people. It just seems that not everyone agrees. Can't make everyone happy I guess.

I like the current config better than the concept, because no one holds a controller with their right thumb fingernal pointing down-left. The right thumb fingernail points up-left, the same diagnals in the new final version. The NES Max got it wrong.

However, there is a way to make everyone happy. Elimitate the diagnals entirely.

Again with the misplaced buttons... Ugh. I still want one, but man, what a disappointment. You'd think that the positioning of the buttons would be a no brainer - dump the turbo buttons and put two buttons on there in the right order.

-Ian

They are in the right order (B then A).

BTW StoneAge, it's now well past the end of March. Can I but this yet? I need two.

Edited by White Knight

Yeah, I've heard the release date was pushed back quite a bit, though I'm not sure to what extent. Man, GET THOSE THINGS OUT TO THE MARKET, ALREADY!

By the way, does the FC Mobile 2 have a bigger screen than the original FC Mobile? I've gotten to see one and the screen is just WAY too small for my tastes(so small, I compared it to a GameBoy Micro screen).

Edited by Ace_1

Oh and that Mat 1st release date is just made up by the stores. They really don't know. I don't like to sell things without a pretty good idea of when I will be getting them. This is why I haven't began to accept pre-orders.

Has an official price been confirmed yet?

Oh and that Mat 1st release date is just made up by the stores. They really don't know. I don't like to sell things without a pretty good idea of when I will be getting them. This is why I haven't began to accept pre-orders.

Can you comment at all about the quality of the screen? The units that were demoed at cons lost a few points because the screens had "washed out" colors, but since then several features of the units have been changed... any word on how good the screen is?

Has an official price been confirmed yet?

$59.99 MSRP - Although this is not what we will be selling it for.

Unfortunately Hyperkin is setting a minimum advertised price. So us stores cannot advertise it under a certain price. No idea what that is yet, I'll probably ask again tomorrow. We can still offer discounts and free shipping, but we just can't advertise it under this minimum price. This sucks for us little guys IMO. I get a lot of business because I have some of the best prices on Google Shopping. Now I won't be able to advertise my discounted price.

I have never played or held the unit yet so I don't know if the screen is still like how you state. Once I get once in I'll probably do a mini review.

P.S. Woot 100 posts!

Edited by StoneAgeGamer

$59.99 MSRP - Although this is not what we will be selling it for.

Unfortunately Hyperkin is setting a minimum advertised price. So us stores cannot advertise it under a certain price.

I really hate that crap. Does it really harm the MFR if you advertise it for less than they want? As long as you paid the same wholesale cost as everyone else, it's no skin off their ass.

I have never played or held the unit yet so I don't know if the screen is still like how you state. Once I get once in I'll probably do a mini review.

Just remember, if you post it on YouTube, you need to make stuff up as you go along. It's the law. ;-)

P.S. Woot 100 posts!

Congrats. You are going way above and beyond to keep us informed of these things.