IGNORED

Who can do this and how much would it cost?

http://silverfoxy.blogspot.com/2008/06/sne...fox-2-cart.html

If this is against forum regulations then I apologize, please lock the thread (although anybody who can do this, please feel free to pm me).

I really want to play Star Fox 2 on the actual hardware and it seems this is the only way (The SuperUFO and the Wildcard dsx both only work with carts that don't require a special chip such as the FX, which is what Star Fox 2 uses). I don't know much as far as burning roms and soldering so I'm just curious how much work this would require and how much someone would charge to do this for me. This is not at all being used as a way for me to profit from piracy. I am paying for the cost of the parts and the labor alone, which I'd gladly pay for a real cart if one existed. This will not be sold (sorry for the annoying legal disclaimer).

Thanks,

-Adam

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88355

I just found this thread from a while back. I apologize if I'm repeating an old question. But I'd like to know if there are any current sources as to where to get one of these Star Fox 2 carts from. It's bug free (and debug free) and essentially finished. How cool would it be to play this long lost gem on the real hardware?

-Adam

Edit:

It turns out there's a tutorial on this subject:

http://snesdev.romhack.de/sf2.htm

Does anybody have an eeprom writer and knows how to do this? Also, the very first link I posted mentioned the overclocking of the FX chip in order to prevent slowdown. Does anybody know how to do that as well?

Edited by KIWASABI

I took a gander at that Starfox2 deal you were posting about - getting that thing going looks like a serious undertaking. For obvious legal reasons, it'll be very hard I think to find somebody selling something like that as a finished product. On the hobbyist side of it, it looks like a level 9 out of 10 on difficulty. You'd need access to at least an eprom burner and some decent soldering skills. Then I read something about overclocking, so that right there takes it beyond my hobbyist skill set. I'd try and contact somebody who made the tutorial, maybe they can help you build it.

I looked at that website.. I want this more:

http://silverfoxy.blogspot.com/search/labe...Compact%20Flash

N64 hacked to use Compact Flash cards instead!

I actually have a Z64 if you're interested (which is the device that he hacked). Even without the mod that's a sweet piece of hardware since it accepts 100mb zip discs which can hold upwards of 20 n64 roms. All you need is an external zip disc drive for your pc in order to dump n64 roms on zip discs.

-Adam

Edited by KIWASABI

I took a gander at that Starfox2 deal you were posting about - getting that thing going looks like a serious undertaking. For obvious legal reasons, it'll be very hard I think to find somebody selling something like that as a finished product. On the hobbyist side of it, it looks like a level 9 out of 10 on difficulty. You'd need access to at least an eprom burner and some decent soldering skills. Then I read something about overclocking, so that right there takes it beyond my hobbyist skill set. I'd try and contact somebody who made the tutorial, maybe they can help you build it.

Yeah, it's WAY out of my skill range which is why I'm looking to get someone who can do it (and I'm actually currently in talks with someone who says he might be interested in giving it a shot).

As for overclocking the FX chip, I'm not holding my breath on anybody being able to do that. However, if someone WERE able to do that then that would be badass since then the game would be running on the original hardware and at 100% speed; it would be the true experience.

-Adam