IGNORED

Atari Manual Tome

Albert

http://www.westg8.com/atari/For those of you who enjoy reading game manuals, TL Westgate has assembled a huge compendium of Atari 2600 manuals into a single PDF file. Called the Atari Manual Tome, this collection of Atari 2600 manuals is nearly 400 pages and includes hundreds of manuals all consistently formatted. The manual tome has a table of contents that allows you to jump directly to an individual manual, plus you can easily search the tome for any text. You can download the 3.3MB PDF at the Atari Manual Tome web site.
  • Like 2

.. who thought color pictures of the manual covers would be included? I suppose it would take up too much space and memory though. Maybe there should be a seperate "tome" for just the covers - that to me would be just as interesting as the current (and might I add very good) "tome."

I would also like to see at least the covers included, perhaps the entire manual scanned. However, even using 72 dpi JPEGs this would increase the size of the tome from 2 or 3 MB to at least 40 or 50 MB. Using 150dpi or higher "printable" covers would require at least a CD size document. Too much to download for many of us.

I CAN see including a 100 x 130 dpi thumbnail image of each manual. :)

He should add a disclaimer RIGHT AWAY, so that people do not sell this on eBay. It sucks when somebody makes money out of your work and you do not see a single penny.

I noticed Gremlins was not included. Am I the only guy that likes that one?

Yeah, I gotta concur. This kicks about 400 kinds of ass. I now have a more-or-less complete manual collection sitting right below my television. Best part is it doesn't matter if my kids rip it to shreds, I can just zap out new pages as necessary!

:!: AWESOME! :!:

Hi all! Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to know others are getting good use out of my hobby. And, in response to some comments, I would never think of charging for this. I mean, if I saw this online, I wouldn't pay for it. But someone was right, maybe I should put a disclaimer abour reselling or CD compendiums. I'm redoing the manual and only in the D's, so check my site every so often. I need to flesh it out a bit more, too. And probably give some detail into what went into making the Tome. So until then . . .

TL

• 11 years later...

Wow, blast from the past! I haven't checked in here in a while and I thought of this thread. It was over 10 years ago!

I compiled the Tome from dozens and dozens of individual text files I discovered on an FTP site full of Atari ROMS. I concatenated all the text files into one large text file of all of them put together, then I pulled that into MS Word and started formatting. I threw in a few pix and added links when PDFed it and VOILA!

I'm glad others have gotten use out of it. It took a long time, but it was during slow times at my old job that I put it together, so it was a fun way to pass the time and reminisce a bit. Around the holidays I always get nostalgic, so I've been perusing my Atari boards and will start playing my old systems here soon.

Happy holidays, all!

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Alas, I recently went through dozens (over a hundred, easily) old CD-ROMs and could not find the Word document from whence it came. I am flummoxed as to how I could have lost that document, as I am somewhat of a digital packrat. So unless someone can de-PDF the existing version, no more updates.

13 minutes ago, IndyJones1023 said:

So unless someone can de-PDF the existing version, no more updates.

There are online services to do so:

https://www.ilovepdf.com/ (looks best at first glance)

https://pdf2docx.com

AtariManualTomeV151.docx

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 3