seemo

dot (2600)

Hi,
here's dot, a collection of Doris, omicron and tint.

- To return to the main menu, press the reset switch, or hold UP for three seconds when a game is over
- Tint: the game now also ends when you miss a wrench
- the left difficulty switch is not used, but you can use the right one to select the egg->root visual pattern in omicron

Many thanks to Thomas Jentzsch, Bob Montgomery, and to the authors of the Stella and z26 emulators.

Simone

I'm not familiar with any of them, and it's quite tough to play the two I tried on an emulator. But, this looks like the kind of thing I'd enjoy so I'll have to try it out on real hardware later.

[quote name='BigO' post='1702408' date='Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 PM']I'm not familiar with any of them, and it's quite tough to play the two I tried on an emulator. But, this looks like the kind of thing I'd enjoy so I'll have to try it out on real hardware later.[/quote]

[url="http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138445"]Doris[/url]

[url="http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119674"]Omicron[/url]

[url="http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138865"]Tint[/url]

thanks for your support :)

this version removes the border from the title bitmap, and the year in the copyright bitmap, to make room for the one new feature: now you can fire diagonally in omicron.

To change the direction of fire, hold the fire button and move the joystick in the direction you want to fire. The ship will not move when the fire button is pressed.

This control scheme was suggested by Nukey Shay at the beginning of the omicron thread: thanks Nukey :thumbsup:

Simone

[quote name='seemo' post='1703618' date='Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:44 PM']thanks for your support :)

this version removes the border from the title bitmap, and the year in the copyright bitmap, to make room for the one new feature: now you can fire diagonally in omicron.

To change the direction of fire, hold the fire button and move the joystick in the direction you want to fire. The ship will not move when the fire button is pressed.

This control scheme was suggested by Nukey Shay at the beginning of the omicron thread: thanks Nukey :thumbsup:

Simone[/quote]

I love the changes! Maybe you can recapture some of the title border look using the playfield or the background. I attached a mockup

Is it just me, or does Tint sound like a slot machine... perhaps I yearn to visit Nevada... :)

All round, just a fantastic piece of programming!

[quote name='Wickeycolumbus' post='1703636' date='Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:15 PM'][quote]Is it just me, or does Tint sound like a slot machine... perhaps I yearn to visit Nevada... :)[/quote]

Thats exactly what my brother said when he saw the game for the first time yesterday :D
[/quote]

It sounds great. I hope Seemo didn't think it was a criticism. These are great games.

[quote name='Devin' post='1703969' date='Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 AM'][quote name='Wickeycolumbus' post='1703636' date='Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:15 PM'][quote]Is it just me, or does Tint sound like a slot machine... perhaps I yearn to visit Nevada... :)[/quote]

Thats exactly what my brother said when he saw the game for the first time yesterday :D
[/quote]

It sounds great. I hope Seemo didn't think it was a criticism. These are great games.
[/quote]

Yes, it sounds very good. All of them have wonderfull music :)

Hi,
here's another update
- menu screen: I used the lines that Devin suggested, and added sound
- omicron: fire does not stop anymore if you hold the joystick in any direction (also works for joystick in port 2)
- tint: score is increased with a faster rate

Enjoy !
Simone

[quote name='seemo' post='1708121' date='Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 AM']Hi,
here's another update
- omicron: fire does not stop anymore if you hold the joystick in any direction (also works for joystick in port 2)
Simone[/quote]

In Tint, I now die when I miss a wrench of the wrong colour?

Chris

[quote name='seemo' post='1708121' date='Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:06 AM']Hi,
here's another update

Enjoy !
Simone[/quote]

Looks great!

Here's an updated version of dot, without omicron and with a few other mini-games I have developed.

For more informations about the games, please have a look at the attached instructions document.

peace

Fantastic! I love the music in 15. I think that one's my favorite at this point, but I'm a sucker for racing/driving games. :)

[quote name='KevinMos3' timestamp='1323878659' post='2424675']Fantastic! I love the music in 15.[/quote]

Hey, thanks! :D I need to get back into writing TIA tunes one of these days. I'm honored to have my stuff be a part of seemo's work.