IGNORED

dot (2600)

seemo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Rest is coming along nicely. It would be nice though if you didn't stop moving when the fire button was pressed. I realize that would make the game too easy, since you could just hold it down and move. But how about if you changed it so that each press of the button would only clear the playfield section you're in contact with, so you'd have to press the button for each one?

needles: in a desperate attempt at reviving its narcoleptic gameplay, the needles have been sped up

rest: changed sounds / added scrolling background colors / pal color support. Also, controls are as Nathan suggested, except that I had to remove the entire row of playfield cells after player collision

dot_20120527.bin

• 6 months later...

- menu: the name of the selected game is enclosed in a colored rectangle (those horrible 'moving' bars are gone)

- 15: the score decreases when the car is at its lowest speed

- atlas: the 'level up' flashing effect has been lengthened / music has been slightly changed / some gameplay parameters have been changed to (hopefully) make the game a little easier

- let it snow.. not: I changed the value for AUDC, the music should be less piercing & irritating now

- needles: to differentiate it more from doris, I changed its gameplay as follows:

1) the satellite now roams across the screen

2) if the satellite collides with a needle, it's game over

3) to protect the satellite (and score points) you must collide with the needles

4) you cannot collide with the satellite

- rest: I restored and modified a previous version of the 'music'

peace

dot_20121219.bin

Edited by seemo

- 15 has been changed a little as far as gameplay goes

the 'bonus' item is now a driving wheel, and it does not restore your car status anymore

overtaking cars does not increase your score anymore

being damaged does not slow you down anymore

letting go of the fire button will decrease your score (the score turns red)

'traffic' density has been increased

- atlas: the game starts with two enemy stoppers already available

- doris: the game starts a little slower

- rest: I added a 'drum beat' on audio channel 1

I also added the 'alien radio' demo

peace

dot_20121222.bin

This version should settle the question about the FIRE button usage for both 15 and needles.

15: pressing FIRE when the car has achieved a fast enough speed (green car) activates 'turbo' mode (golden car) that further increases the car speed (and your score)

needles: press FIRE and move the joystick to temporarily control the satellite direction and move it in a 'safer' place

peace

dot_20121228.bin

• 1 month later...

a few updates

- 15: score values have been increased

- doris: the starting speed felt too slow, it's been increased. I also changed the horizontal patterns for the platforms, to create more space between them

- needles: when you change the satellite direction, the lenght for the new direction is re-computed (should be longer)

- rest: the elements to 'absorb' have been moved from the (mirrored) playfield to player 1, this forces the ship to move across the screen a lot more.

Also, to encourage vertical movement, score depends on the vertical position of the absorbed element (the higher the position, the higher the score)

- tint: to differentiate it from 15, the bonus bitmap has been changed to a fuel canister

- alien radio: you can use LEFT/RIGHT/DOWN to interact with the radio

peace

dot_20130211.bin

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Sorry for the necro-bump.

We'll be featuring DOT on the ZeroPage Homebrew stream this tomorrow (Friday) on Twitch at 12PM PT/3PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games on Friday:
- Ms Galactopus (2018 WIP) by KaeruYojimbo
- Breakout 2000 (2019) by Mr SQL
- Dot (Minigames) (2013 WIP) by seemo

EDIT: Link to archive of livestream

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 2

Sorry for the necro-bump.

We'll be featuring DOT on the ZeroPage Homebrew stream this tomorrow (Friday) on Twitch at 12PM PT/3PM ET! Hope everyone can tune in to watch us play!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/Games on Friday:

- Ms Galactopus (2018 WIP) by KaeruYojimbo

- Breakout 2000 (2019) by Mr SQL

- Dot (Minigames) (2013 WIP) by seemo

Dot should really have gotten a cart release. Not sure why it didn't.

Have you guys streamed Seemo's other games: Sync, Lead and Omicron? (Sync takes some effort to learn how to play the games on it since they're all abstract. But there are some really fun, unique titles on there. Watching the YouTube videos in the store helps. I co-wrote the manual if you have any questions.)

• Like 2

Dot should really have gotten a cart release.

/signed

Have you guys streamed Seemo's other games: Sync, Lead and Omicron? (Sync takes some effort to learn how to play the games on it since they're all abstract. But there are some really fun, unique titles on there. Watching the YouTube videos in the store helps. I co-wrote the manual if you have any questions.)

I think they played Omicron but not the other ones yet.
  • Like 1

I found out about them from the stream, this guys games are incredible!

• Like 1

I highly agree that Dot should have gotten a cart release, there's a lot of goodness in that mini-game compilation!

Looks like we played Omicron on our

show and Lead on our
show but not Sync yet! I've added it to my list of to-play games for the show, thanks for the heads up Nathan. :-)

- James