IGNORED

dot (2600)

seemo

I highly agree that Dot should have gotten a cart release, there's a lot of goodness in that mini-game compilation!

Looks like we played Omicron on our

show and Lead on our
show but not Sync yet! I've added it to my list of to-play games for the show, thanks for the heads up Nathan. :-)

I see you also played Palamino last summer (another Seemo game that needs to find its way onto a cart). I think besides Sync, Pitch 'n Catch and Moth may be the last Seemo games you haven't yet streamed. (Moth is sort-of a predecessor to Sync, but I think Sync is more accessible.)

What I particularly like about Seemo's games, it that they're uniquely designed to use the 2600's hardware for what it is. The music, sound effects and graphics of his games celebrate the 2600, and have a really distinctive style.

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 1

We'll be knocking Sync off the list on tomorrow's show (6PM PT/9PM ET)!! Thanks for the links to Seemo's other two last games we haven't covered, I'll add them to the to-play list. :-)

I agree, I love the completely unique style that Seemo is able to extract from the 2600 that matches it's capabilities so well. There's no compromise or over-extension, the games were made with the wonderfulness of the 2600 in mind.

I see you also played Palamino last summer (another Seemo game that needs to find its way onto a cart). I think besides Sync, Pitch 'n Catch and Moth may be the last Seemo games you haven't yet streamed. (Moth is sort-of a predecessor to Sync, but I think Sync is more accessible.)

What I particularly like about Seemo's games, it that they're uniquely designed to use the 2600's hardware for what it is. The music, sound effects and graphics of his games celebrate the 2600, and have a really distinctive style.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I never really thought about how original seemo's style of programing is until you mentioned it in another post, Nathan. The thinking behind his games is different than most. They aren't pick up and play games, but, once you give some thought to them, his games are challenging and rewarding. I hope he resurfaces one day.

• Like 2