IGNORED

BURNING ROMS TO EEPROMS

awace

I am trying to burn a atari .bin file to a REAL eeprom burner and am having problems . I started w a snoopy cart i got from somone here it was only to be used to be erased to use for my asteroids hack witch i successfully did but now i want MORE games on other chips so far since that one day the power went off when i had one plugged in backwards in the burner i forgot what to send the burner . I have successfully sent it files at 7,2,none but i cant remember weather i send a .hex file using bin2hex or just send it original stella .bin type file in anyone has info on what to send burner please help. I tried it once and got a nother blank eeprom to take new file but when testing it it booted into asteroids again!!!!!!!!!! wtf then it crashed after 4 seconds of play I thought it might have been the pal bank switching chip w memmory stuck in it but who knows. I know it was blank cause i erased it w ultra violet light for 33 minnutes and it said check done also when i sent it a binary file in .hex format after chaning from bin2hex.exe i sent it a .hex file w burner in intel hex I havent tried ascii hex but thats next.

I am trying to burn a atari .bin file to a REAL eeprom burner and am having problems . I started w a snoopy cart i got from somone here it was only to be used to be erased to use for my asteroids hack witch i successfully did but now i want MORE games on other chips so far since that one day the power went off when i had one plugged in backwards in the burner i forgot what to send the burner . I have successfully sent it files at 7,2,none but i cant remember weather i send a .hex file using bin2hex or just send it original stella .bin type file in anyone has info on what to send burner please help. I tried it once and got a nother blank eeprom to take new file but when testing it it booted into asteroids again!!!!!!!!!! wtf then it crashed after 4 seconds of play I thought it might have been the pal bank switching chip w memmory stuck in it but who knows. I know it was blank cause i erased it w ultra violet light for 33 minnutes and it said check done also when i sent it a binary file in .hex format after chaning from bin2hex.exe i sent it a .hex file w burner in intel hex I havent tried ascii hex but thats next.

OK... I'm having a _real_ tough time understanding what you're trying to do...

So, you have an EPROM programmer. Which programmer do you have? They're all quite different, and some need their data in Intel HEX format, and others accept binary data directly.

You say you plugged one chip in backwards and knocked out the programmer? Did it 'recover' when you removed the chip, or did you blow the fuse? Also, if you have a chip that has been powered backwards, it may never work again - it could have been damaged. I did that once and the die on the chip lit up like a lightbulb... thing never would erase completely after that.

33 minutes is a bit long, but might be OK depending on your eraser. You don't want to erase chips for too long, you can damage them.

-Ian

If your eprom still had 4 seconds of Asteroids after burning a different game to it then it obviously did not erase and the new programming simply screwed up the Asteroids code. I presume your burner has a blank check feature? Can you read the eprom from the burner and look into the buffer? If the eprom is indeed blank, the buffer will be full of FF's. If you see anything other than FF, the eprom is not blank.

OK... I'm having a _real_ tough time understanding what you're trying to do...

So, you have an EPROM programmer. Which programmer do you have? They're all quite different, and some need their data in Intel HEX format, and others accept binary data directly.

You say you plugged one chip in backwards and knocked out the programmer? Did it 'recover' when you removed the chip, or did you blow the fuse? Also, if you have a chip that has been powered backwards, it may never work again - it could have been damaged. I did that once and the die on the chip lit up like a lightbulb... thing never would erase completely after that.

33 minutes is a bit long, but might be OK depending on your eraser. You don't want to erase chips for too long, you can damage them.

-Ian

hmm whell actually the FUSE in a power transformer blew so the whole block went off I thought i caused it cause i pushed execute and the ups beeped and the power went off I wish i had wrote down what i did I think i sent it 7,2,none and ran bin2hex.exe and sent a hex file

I have a DIGELEC model 824 eeprom burner I left it in intel hex and it SAID blank check check done also it said after i put it into

7,1 or 7,2 it finnaly again said file done but i dont know exactly witch bin2hex kind of file i need cause none of the files i try to convert are exactly 4096 or 8k they are bigger so mabie i just need the correct bin2hex utility I can choose intel hex binary or ascii hex my dad said when he had his 8008 altair 8800 he said you need to send 7,1,none and send a .hex file cause something about not beaing able to send binary over serial ports ..

anyway I dont know weather i actually waited long enogh for the chip to erase even though it said blank check ok. one chip that still boots to asteroids and works is a SS m2764 I think my eeprom burner thinks those are SEQ brand I have a texas interuments

27c512 ok a tms 27c512 witch i can just use the burner to copy from it self to no problem but when i send i file to the eeprom burner they never boot i think it might be i dont know weather i was using xmodem realterm or older win95 version of hyperterm I cant remember cause after the power failuer i recharged the laptop battery went to sleep and forgot wtf i DID i still can use the atari cart thought it still works. the atari cart im using i got from someone here it has a pal chip on it it also says

© chris wilkson on the atari bootleg type cart the chip thats in it now is a nother tms 27c512 but i know it has nothing to do with the size of the chip it has to do w the kind of and the size of the file and how i send the file to the burner I know the burner still works cause all i did when i had the chip in backwards was just whimped out the last leg of the power pole green box outside when i kept trying to push program

I kept doing it despite the lights going slightly dim It was afte i got back and the lights were back on i noticed it put the blank chip in the atari cart backwards then into the burner upside down I was tired it was like 333am when i got the 1st successfull asteroids hack burned so i was trying to get hangly hack or 1player tank . mabie if you have a .hex file i could try mabie that would work. I know i am sending the eeprom file correctly cause it blinks then says file done so i got that right but here is its function menu ill walk you threw it.

when you turn on after test you push function then push 31 then execute witch is like a enter button then keep pushing execute and it says

format

INTEL-hex

keep pushing or use up down arrows to scroll threw

intel-hex

motoroloa

tektronics

BINARY

ASCII HEX <X>

signetics hex

mostek -Z80

then back to

INTEL-HEX

this i can understand but I assume its intel or ascii hex

my dad sais i should use 7,1,none instead of 8,1 to send hex files.

I think its 7,2,none I could be wrong what would u use.>??

then it goes even more

hit execute and menu goes further

RS-232C......................32

baud rate 9600

i left it there

half duplex

one stop bit i choose 2

number of bits 8 i changed it to 7 cause my dad said you cant send binary over serial and you cant send hex at 8 cause the 7,1 the ,1 is the 8 bit

I was lucky i told him about a altari 8800 emulator and it sparked some memmorys about his ice 80 mon 2708's he burned..

then the menu goes to

parity NONE i left it on none

then x on x off DESABLE I know what this does but since i sent it a file w real term i left it off cause it said file done THAT I REMEMBER

dsr off

trailer off??? if i turn it on it says enter trailer it is on 3 WTF

header off header on is set to 2

i left both off

autosplit on or off I left this on since i thought you had to split all atari files????

uv timer is on 33 minnutes HOW'd you guess that we will never know but i bet you did that telepathicly???

wait a minnute the next menu is uv eraser 30 minnutes i thought the uv timer and the oh shit 33 is the menu number the uv tumer is set to 30 minnutes my mistake...

then it says options 34 this is just a long menu witch scrolls threw all the short menus so onto next menu option

word size 08 now this might be the whole problem you can choose 8 16 32 now i dont know what to choose

ib check I assube that means is it blank check its set to off cause if you put a non blank chip in and push 21 then execute and its not blank it instantlanulssylsy sais not blank but if it thinks it might be blank then it tests chip then says check done if it is .

now do i then push e2 erase the 2 is squared on the sticker afer it passes the blank check to actually electronicly erase it??

ok then after ib check it says blank chack off whell thats a duh menu anyway both knew that menu was next then it

says test chip off

signature off by the way befoee i deleted snoopy do use burner to copy asteroids it had no signature..

then it has automatch i assume match chip to burn to or format it was in??

buzzer on this beeps every time you push buttons on burner printer off whooly crap i never even thought about printer although i dont think it would help then next says security off hmm mabie i should have had this on when trying to copy arkanoid DAMN,,,

encrypt off even more damn....

protection off WTF more confusion

then exit setup. this we both can agree on...

then back to enter function

now i push 33 and select 13 minnutes to erase some chips....

mabie ill select 23 if i put it in for 30 minnutes they are hot and burn fingers but i cant help it!!! ☺ :twisted:

so i wil select catch 22 that would make sence naw mabie 14 minnutes ...

I will assume you dont GIVE A CRAP WHAT KIND OF BURNER NOR HOW I USE IT no offence ment but I think my problem is lying in the fact that i dont remember weather i sent binary

whooooooollllllyyyyyyyyy ccccccrrrrapppp i just remembered what i did

I sent binary and had the burner in binary then i changed the burner to intel hex then bunerd I hope I will try that mabie that would work at least its worth a try...

I have not been able to recive from burner YET does xp have problems w serial ports if it does then i need to steal win95 hyperterm.exe

yes the burner was still on when the ups was beeping! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

but since the laptop was dieing i forgot about how i sent file and went outside to find power company then i found the gass station was locking people out cause there credit card stuff was down I told them i thought that was lame the phone company told me my dsl came out of EDNA I told the phone company ITS EDINA edna is the roundish phone hub/central office and furthermore the phone company lied anyway cause the DSLAM is in front of the city hall in st.louis park. like I thought the phone switch of the cityhall/police station /911 buildings

new dslam must have been knocked off too cause since laptop was on at the time i just moved it into the living room where the tv was shut off and the computer shut down and i left only the dsl and the laptop plugged in but the DSL was blinking DSL DSL DSL was red hmm crock if it was in edina then the dslam up the street wouldnt mean crap but I knew better my dial tone might dial out from edian but my dsl comes from down the block.. then i relized the ups battery must have been weak I was running the burner my sgi 19 inch computer monitor my 20 inch memmorex tv my yamaha stereo my vcr my memmorex dss sattalite box my computer my hp 855c printer my dsl power pack w GND PRONG lucky and dynex $5. best buy router from the HAMVENTION® and atari power pack (actually a smuckard bell speaker power pack used for my sears arcade II ) works great!!! then also the ups and the eeprom burner oh the answering machine all on one 15 amp circut breaker im my apt the other 20 goes to the kitchen for fridge toaster (off) and the microwave clock I dont think the sit down space invaders cocktail cabinet was on cause i was burning eeproms ... but the boomb i heard was at the exact moment was hyperly pushing function execute cuase i tought the power company was having problems being it was 3:39am i was super tired and thought over current ment it was getting to mutch current from power company whell it was cause it was pulling to mutch current cause chip enable was upside down and probably shorting 12v to gnd in the burner and it said over current but since i hyperly kept trying i must have sucked to mutch current and the burner wouldnt let me blow a chip backwards and since the ups was being use the ups just sent the current back viola boomb blew fuse outside .. this happend once before on a super hot august day when playing w space invaders cocktail at parents house and happend to short a sound amp wire to gnd at the exact moment the airconditioning came on and booooomb a fuse across the street blew SAME thing using ups the space invaders game was still on but ups was beeping and it got really hot quick cause I was sweatging and airconditioning didnt work cause fuse across the street on pole flipped down since i heard that really loud i was able to actaully see it instead of holiday

gas station telling me the box at roller garden blew.. this isnt the 1st time this had happend its actually the 3rd time a ups tried to pull more than they could supply!!!!! at old apt w was screwing around w small shoulder pack inverter and battery pack those BLUE and yellow ones

I was using small inverter to start up a ups witch coulndt self start... so i plugged it in i cant remember what caused the power failure that day it probably was the storm brewing that day but me and my room mate were already charging every battery in the house cause saturday night live was really good then boomb then we saw lighining we both went FUCK no saturday night live . LUCKALY i had a zenith tv i just obtained at thrift store witch was a 1980's tv w no degauss coil this ment no startup current inrush or i just unplugged the degauss coil on purpose anyway i could start that tv w the mini inverter then i blew the mini inverter on a stupid IBM computer monitor i should have known better .. anyway the big inverter came on when i holded the power switch for a long time and we watched satruday night live but before we screwed w the NSP power company guy threw the window HE SAID hey where did you get light I was holding a lamp plugged into the ups I told him its plugged into a upeen s he said ohh ... so naturally i went to store to get lantern battrey for ATari 2600 emergencys to hook to cap in case i had to play atari on a b/w 4 inch tv!!!! ,... that b/w tv now has a built in zenith cable box rf mod and a keychain video in box

so i can change from pong to asteroids keychain the astreoids keychain has been hooked to a cheap atari gemstick so i could actually play..

wow I must stop writing these before bed i rant to mutch but I dont care laugh it up.. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

control c control v :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wow i thought i was asking how to send a .bin file to the burner not how i blew a fuse one day..

i must need sleep.

6:52am after 7-4am BK shift..... mmmmmm bk breakfast 4pak shots... bacon egg and cheesy tots 9 pak...

no offence in my rants to any way i address people... DEVICE nak.... error-☺

syntax error in social skills.....

If your eprom still had 4 seconds of Asteroids after burning a different game to it then it obviously did not erase and the new programming simply screwed up the Asteroids code. I presume your burner has a blank check feature? Can you read the eprom from the burner and look into the buffer? If the eprom is indeed blank, the buffer will be full of FF's. If you see anything other than FF, the eprom is not blank.

any idea where to tell eeprom burner to erase its ram before i send file

in the delete block menu it starts

RAM begin 00000

block size 00000

then it says

last Addr size 07fff

upper lim 07fff

then it says deleting I forgot that but dont care if it delete is but how do i delete the WHOLE 256K

cause then at least i know its ram is empty to accept new atari file not keep burning same old 1st 4 seconds of bank switch partial file to chip,

i think thats the problem

test ok 824 b1.60

i assume its version 824 b1.60

for the

dig

elec Portable Programmer model 824

RAM begin 00000

block size 00000

then it says

last Addr size 07fff

upper lim 07fff

then it says deleting I forgot that but dont care if it delete is but how do i delete the WHOLE 256K

cause then at least i know its ram is empty to accept new atari file not keep burning same old 1st 4 seconds of bank switch partial file to chip,

test ok 824 b1.60

for the

dig

i dont want to erase the c-mos(file it runs it self on just the area in ram it uses for uploads...)

i hope i cant screw it up this way..

Edited by awace

• 6 months later...

RAM begin 00000

block size 00000

then it says

last Addr size 07fff

upper lim 07fff

test ok 824 b1.60

for the

dig

i dont want to erase the c-mos(file it runs it self on just the area in ram it uses for uploads...)

Sorry , I know this is an old thread, but this is the only one I have come across on this programmer whatsoever...

Ok I have the same model programmer and am struggling on how to use this, but i did figure out how to erase.

OK first you have to press function, then 33 for timer. Next keep pressing enter till it goes to the function screen again. You can set the timer etc thru this. Once its at the next function and you went through all the settings, press the LAMP button. This will start the UV erase timer and turn on the lamp.

Now to figure out how to program on it xD

Edited by twolazy

RAM begin 00000

block size 00000

then it says

last Addr size 07fff

upper lim 07fff

test ok 824 b1.60

for the

dig

Sorry , I know this is an old thread, but this is the only one I have come across on this programmer whatsoever...

Ok I have the same model programmer and am struggling on how to use this, but i did figure out how to erase.

OK first you have to press function, then 33 for timer. Next keep pressing enter till it goes to the function screen again. You can set the timer etc thru this. Once its at the next function and you went through all the settings, press the LAMP button. This will start the UV erase timer and turn on the lamp.

Now to figure out how to program on it xD

Whell youre in LUCK I figured out how to use it in combination w the $15 +$15 shipping total cost from ebay to you willem eeprom burner and the digelect one!!! I have both now NOW once and only once did i figure out how to send a file to it using serial I know you use 9600 and a terminal program from win95 you have to steal hyper term from win95 then i actually got asteroids onto a 2764 now the problem is I only know you run threw its menu and ou can erase and if you dont see the brand youre SOL but the good news is if you take a normal willem eeprom burner and burn a 2732 you can

take the digelec and put it into the 2732 mode then change it to the 2532 mode and burn a 2532 witch BOOTS INTO

arcade MIDWAY PACMAN PCB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes it worked since the new $15 ebay burner cant burn 2532 chips but can burn 2732 chips you can use the older burner to burn to 2532 chips also it is good for taking a chip on one brand you dont have on the willem and changing it to 2732 so i 1st backed up a chip from pacman the location witch lets you speed up then i read it on digelec as 2532 then burned it to a 2732 then loaded it into windows w willem then ran mame and it worked !!!!! now ill run you threw the menu but 1st let me tell you somthing I think you need to get one of those cheap

willem ones on ebay cause since i dont have software and logical devices dont either they bought rights to it and said its so old they dont even know how to run it!!!

so you can take a 27256 or 27512 and load from a willem and then load into the digelec even if the file is smaller say you need a 2716 and have a 27512 you know how to load or burn w newer non digelec burner just burn file as long as it will fit then put 27512 into digelec push mode untill you select chip type 27512 and brand then push read then push funtion then 31

then push execute

leave in intel hex no you see you have to switch it to ascii hex thats the reason its easyer to use other burner then read into this one then burn.. ok onto next item since I had power failure during the 2nd unsuccessfull burn i forgot the settings needed to burn file and since i can send files to new burner and read no need to care..

anyway

push execute it says if you push 31 then execute it says

FORMAT........................31

push it again

INTEL-HEX

again

RS-232C................32

BAUD RATE 9600

half duplex

one stop bit

nuber of buts 8 ?????????????/ now you might need 7 cause serial cant use 8 cant remember but good luck i just leave it and use other eeprom then read from chip then change chip type ill get to that.

parity none

X ON OFF DISABLE

DSR off

trailer off

header off

autosplit turn this on using arrows then push execute to next menu item

UV timer leave at 33

uv eraser 30 MIN

OPTIONS 34

word size 08

IB check off (checks if blank)

blank check OFF

TEST CHIP off

SIGNATURE (EWW sneakey encrypted chips i wish we knew about that ) I leave off

automatch ON leave automacth on!

BUZZER ON

printer off (HMM fuck mabie i should hook a priner up!!)

security off ( A NOTHER ENCRYPTION CROCK)

encrypt off

protection off

exit setup

then it goes back to enter fuction

now push 32 execute

make shure autosplit is on

now push type

if you have a say 2532 you want to read from and make a 2732 for other burner put it in then push

type then roll threw arrow hkeys til you pick brand

heres an example put pacman 2532 hitachi chip in roll threw arrow keys

push function then push type then roll threw arrow keys to get to just leave at 2732 since only tms 2716's are differnt mostly

it asks size i left at 64 hmm i wonder if i screwed that up I left it alone then read the 2732 then burned it to 2532 and it still you can pick hit2532 and read a 2532 or burn a hit2532 then burn to a 2732 or vise versa..

now the best thing about this burner is you can use and size to load to a smaller size

say you need a 2716 burned and only have a 27512 that works w willem parralell or usb burner you cant burn on to the

digelec cause you cant get files to take to it now if you figure out how to send files please let me know

I think it comes down to having a file that will send intel hex files as 7,1,none in intel ascii HEX now i think you can send a file in hex then use burner to read as hex then switch it to intel binary SEE I FOR GOT Cause it worked once at about 3:33am then i put it into flashback II and my aw asteroids booted1!!!!!!! then i wanted to do it again then the fact that it was 4am i put chip in digelec backwards DONOT DO THIS i kept pushing program execute and it kept saying OVER CURRENT and the lights dimmed every time i tried to burn this is cause DUH I HAD CHIP IN BACKWARDS !! eventually i guess the green transformer down the road next to the roller garden NSP POWER TRANSFOMER the onse the power company has there usually green I BLEW A FUSE I SWEAR then finnaly after running around w power company to see where fuse was and couldnt even get into HOLIDAY STATION STORE CAUSE THEY LOCKED EVERY ONE OUT CAUSE OF POWER FAILURE and i said when did it happen they said about 330am i said HMM THATS EXACTLY WHEN I FAILED TO BURN A ATARI CART then realized since the laptop was on and the ups was beeping i had chip in backwards so iforgot how to send files however i know how to get it to copy from one type to a nother say you have a wilkson bootleg cart w no atari program in it and want to change the game you got it with or want to make a new one use blank check to see that youre 2764 is blank then once its blank put it into willem buner USE A 15V power pack not the usb cable to power willem then use parralel port to send files and use .97j version pcb3 jumpers and leave usb jumpers on power pack mode!! usb is only for power input and sucks ..

I have successfully taken a 2764 from willem and changed it to a 27512 on digelec and it booted to asteroids..

SO I dont know if you were giving me info or wanting some? anyway if i pester my dad on weather you can send hex over serial in 7bits in stead of 8 mabie i could figure it out.

also if you need me to burn you a chip for you so you can copy it w youre digelec I could help you w that if you need i love using my willem burner cause you can send direct binary over parralell and dont have to worry bout converting to

.hex and figureing out what terminal program to use .. SEE the problem is win95 sucks whell i think mabie win98 will work too for hyperterm.exe but win98 wont boot to my laptop w out sound so no testing stella so i just loaded xp

IF WE FIGURE out how to send files to the digelec you can make some $ having a eeprom service...

GOOD LUck..

I did have luck taking a speed hack out of a 4 in one mod for pacman board and changing it to taking one file 6e file from zip and put it into a 2732 w willem then read into digelec then switched to hit2532 and burned it to a 2532 and it actually booted to PAcman and THE SPEED HACK WORKED...

now more compicated THINGS i ONCE read a midway space invaders 9316 CHIP THEN RAN IT W MAME.....!!!!!!

THE TRICK IS PUTTING 12V AND 5V ON THE CORRECT PINS ON RIGHT SIDE THEN UNHOOKING PIN 20 THEN CONNECTING TO PIN 19 ON CHIP OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ANYWAY YOU NEED TO PUT A10 WHERE IT GOES SO CHIP SELECT OR ENABLE MEANS IF PDF FILE SAYS YOU NEED 5V OR OR WHAT NOT TO GET CHIP ENABLE OR SELECT TO TURN ON THEN YOU CAN READ W WILLEM ..

THEN I MADE A DOUBLE SOCKET SO I COULD RUN A NORMAL 2716 IN A TMS2716 MODE NOTE IM TALKING ABOUT 3 DIFFERNT SPACE INVADER CHIPS WITCH ALL HAVE A10 IN DIFFERNT SPOTS ANDWAY I MADE A SPECIAL SOCKET TO MAKE SHURE 12V DIDNT TOUCH THE NORMAL NON TMS2716 CHIP AND PUT 5V WHERE IT NEEDED THEN PUT A10 WHERE IT NEEDED SOME PINBALL SITE HAD THE INFO SO I REVERSE ENGENEERED IF I COULD READ A 9316 midway general INSTRMENTS CHIP WHY COULDNT I MAKE A TMS2716 SOCKET READ A 2716 CHIP W THE INFO FROM THE 9316 TEST CHIP FROM INTERNET AND SHURE ENOUGH I GOT MY SPACE INVADERS BOARD TO RUN THE TEST CHIP i HAD TO BURN TO A 2732!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN PUT INTO THE DIGELEC AND READ AS 2732 THEN SWITCH TO 2716 THEN BURN i DONT KNOW WEATHER THE WILLEM BURNS 2716'S i KNOW IT WONT BURN A TMS2716 A 9316 IS MASKED ROM MEANING ITS A ROM

NOT EEPROM CAUSE A EEPROM CAN BE CHANGED A ROM IS ROM ITS BAKED IN OVEN TO PERMANANTLY BURN IT IN!! ... THE GOOD NEWS IS I KNOW HOW TO GET THE DIGELEC TO BE USED AS A REALLY COOL TOOL AND IT IS CAPABLE OF TAKING FILES IN AND i DID IT ONCE JST FORGOT HOW..

sorry about the punctiuation...

aw

The question is do you only have the digelec or do you have more than one burner cause if you have a nother burner

its easy to use if you dont have a differnt burner i forgot and power failure that day prevented me from remembering how I did it! but i can walk you threw menus I know you want to autofill and auto autosplit and automatch ..

otherwise its just a matter of pushing type untill you pick type then .

to actually recive a file push 52 execute

then send xmodem file in hex cause you cant send binary over serial!!...

if you have a program w burner let me know if its a 5¼ disk let me copy it I have a disc drive and windows 3 to xp

I dont have windows 7 but beta version I wont use vista and use xp pro..

if you have software let me know cause i still have way of reading 5¼ disks now you send file and if it doesnt beep it

the reciving will start blinking and it will fill its memmory then it will go blank or something i forget thats the problem I do know you can pick 9600 bps 8,1,none but i think its 7,1,none

push 31 execute

skip format

INTEL-HEX use arrows to change to ASCII HEX (x) I think x means xmodem )

half duplex

one stop bit

NUMBER OF BITS i think you need 7 cause my dad said once you cant send binary as 8bits over serial port..

I forget the x on x off has to be changed to xon 17 xoff 19 mabie this would or will help ...

you can leave it in binary

mode or intel hex mode or ascii hex mode then once you push 52 and recive you can switch back to intel hex to burn....

and the burner will switch it for you ..

BOY ITS ALMOST LIKE YOU HAVE TO BE super tired or baked or just about to give up on it then you remember and it works..

its like loading windows 7 times and tv tuner doesnt work then you remove modem soundblaster then reload video card then remember via 4 in one 1st then network card then sound then enable sound move midi port around then enable sound then get sound then get network then get tv tuner working after you move the damn pci acpi routing table around..

so its a matter of knowing what to send it and with what terminal prorgram .. so if you have any luck let me know.

start w win98 hyper term cause xp has problems w serial ports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this for fact..

and hyperterm from win98 is differnt than xp this is why i just got the willem cause i couldnt stand loading win98 msdn version over 2000 times now.. so if you need a chip burned send me file and tell me what chip size it is and ill burn it then see if i can get it to read into the digelec... then if you need i can send you the actuall chip;

I did get hackem working on flashback II with the wilkson atari bootleg homebrew chip .. my version of asteroids works too and so now onto flashback II version of adv II witch i hackomaticed II hacked to make dragon mouth dissapeer when it bites down w its mouth open it cant cause I changed sprites and its now invisible when it bites and it cant kill me this is using my own burned cart in cart mode NOW THE COOL THING IS IN FLASHBACK II WHEN YOU SWAP FROM built in mode to

Atari mode in same game its cool only the rocks change and the game still runs...

DIGELEC eeprom burners are cool but hard to send files but once you figure it out its not that hard to do the thing i think it is is having the correct program to send with..

and having it in the correct mode and knowing weather you need 7,1 stop bit none for parity and or sending in binary..

I think thats it but cant remember weather i used win98 or win95 hyperterm or a nother program witch i lost after reloading windows the next day. HMM i think it was the windows version cause you cant check stella w win98 same as xp

HMM mabie ill load up my old compaq i forgot it had win98 ..

Woot a response already! :thumbsup:

Ok I do have the model 824, have the original serial cable (db25) and a manual. I also have the software pack version 3.11. All self tests report back good. So far I have not had any luck communicating to it. I have Winxp 32bit and using the hyper-terminal provided. It starts a connection fine but from there I am lost. LOL. Maybe its my usb to serial cable, im not quite sure. Works fine with even my wince devices, so I don't really think its the cable persay. Maybe im missing something or need to try a diff os? :?

Only things i've managed to do thus far is erase my uv eproms, and copy a bios multiple times. So at least im pretty sure the hardware works fine. :thumbsup:

Sadly I did not receive ANY software with it, and would love to have the original if possible. I still own a few vintage pc's, one being my XT 286. Perhaps I could try it on that...

If you want a copy of the manual let me know, I am going to scan it in this weekend. I misplaced it already once, and went nuts trying to find it. Only copy on the web was on ebay for $100!!! eek! So if you want a pdf copy i'll be happy to share. Also, im willing to pull apart the pack if you can figure a way to dump the PAL/GAL/EEPROM so you can upgrade yours to same revision...

digelec824.jpg

Edited by twolazy

Beautiful Mind !!..

I saw that movie Right after I came back from Treatment it was awesome....

I remember when i was a currier I had to deliver a Doctor a envelope to the side of his garage it reminded me of the movie

It had a luggage lock on the mailbox and the garage door looked like BIFFS garage from 1950 the whole delivery was weird

I would goto a behavuoiral doctors office and pick up confidental Medical records and deliver it to the guys house in the lock box...

It was awesome.. the movie was cool to!..

I see youre name is rom hunter I have a custom Asteroids® in witch i hacked to make the rocks look like ®'s and aw's if you want the rom i could PM it to you!!..

Also i have some coke® wins hacks too roms.

Ok I do have the model 824, have the original serial cable (db25) and a manual. I also have the software pack version 3.11. All self tests report back good. So far I have not had any luck communicating to it. I have Winxp 32bit and using the hyper-terminal provided. It starts a connection fine but from there I am lost. LOL. Maybe its my usb to serial cable, im not quite sure. Works fine with even my wince devices, so I don't really think its the cable persay. Maybe im missing something or need to try a diff os? :?

Only things i've managed to do thus far is erase my uv eproms, and copy a bios multiple times. So at least im pretty sure the hardware works fine. :thumbsup:

Sadly I did not receive ANY software with it, and would love to have the original if possible. I still own a few vintage pc's, one being my XT 286. Perhaps I could try it on that...

If you want a copy of the manual let me know, I am going to scan it in this weekend. I misplaced it already once, and went nuts trying to find it. Only copy on the web was on ebay for $100!!! eek! So if you want a pdf copy i'll be happy to share. Also, im willing to pull apart the pack if you can figure a way to dump the PAL/GAL/EEPROM so you can upgrade yours to same revision...

digelec824.jpg

SOftware I ment the software you run on the IBM/compatible to communicate w the burner if it came w disks i need them..

NOTE I have dos 3.1 to dos 7 and all versions of windows exept for vista and windows 7 OK I have windows 7 ß!!! and xp pro 64Bit!!! and one copy of msdn winxp pro or media center version..

anyway I have msdn version of 98 i could send you cause you have to steal hyperterm for win98..

now set the windows xp hyper term like communicating w modem like as this..

on the burner push 31 execute and go threw every menu item till it exits or it wont take new values!!!!...

the select 7 bits 1 stop bit!!!!!!!

also make hyperterm 7 bits

DAMN now i have to take pictures of the burner I dont need my eeprom burner upgraded!!! i need the software that came w the burner you put into windows 3.11 or dos to communicate w it.. but if youre going to scan the manual I will definantly help you YES I WANT A COPY..

I can show you also how to use both this one and a willem $15 ebay burner too..

NOW FOR THE pictures..

I even have 3 MFM seagate hardrrives two are 20 Meg mfm ST225 and one is a ST251 I got one loaded the other day! and ONLY twice I got one to load up w

a cdrom loaded at the same time as a MFM drive I even got win3.11 loaded onto a cdrom but that had stoned monk III virus I however KILLED that virus..

so if you have the 5¼ floppy disk that came w the manual I could copy it for you I have a way of copying software thats old..

I also have a way to run win95 win98 win311 and win2000 OK mabie not 2000 but if i wanted i could load it up..

I wish you had the softrware ...

But the manual please send me a pdf..

now infomation pertinant to MIDWAY space invaders..

I have 2716 pdf and tms2716 pdf and 9316 info too.

the lame thing about arcade emulation roms is this.

contrarary to some belife pacman pcb's want only 2532's not 2732's and the good thing is the digelec can take a 2732 from willem burner and load it into memmory then you can change TYPE wilst power still on then select 2532 and it will burn it to a hit2532 and will work in any 2532 since the only chips that are differnt in the 2732 to 2764 range are that 2716TMS 2716 and 2732 the pinouts are differnt but the rom code is spit out on chip pin a10

SO space invaders pcbs ARCADE MIDWAY coin op arcade pcb's for Arcade space invaders need the following inputs..

there are 3 configurations for space invaders boards ..

DEluxe PCB's have a nother data shifter chip on MOtherboard and can run the 2716 rom's and the deluxe rom set w more info on it...

A Deluxe PCB can run 9316 set up using MIDWAY Black roms made by general instraments SAme company who used a BLOB for PAcman PLUS as whell as the same

BLOB for Jerrold cable box descramblers I think the guy who used a animal hospital xray on the PAcman BLOB and a fluke he sanded the bottom of the blob off untill he got to the pins and using some fluke really exopensive thing read the rom code!!!! so now pacman+ is now unencrypted!! then he used mame romident and dumped the roms cool huh..

SO that gave me the idea to burn my own version of asteroids i made using hackomatic II HERE IS THE ROM

Asteroids is a ® of Atari .. my version is called crockrocks...

the rocks look like (aw)'s and ®'s ok here are the hyperterm pics next post will have pics of needed settings for burner..

I suggest using a computer w port that works I whink win98 works ..

on the next post i will post pictures of modes in eeprom burner I will also attempt to send a file..

damn now i have to load win95 again then i can steal hyperterm.exe from win95 I think thats the only version w xmodem..

AHHHHHH now i remember its some old terminal program that works w xmodem files NOW i need to hunt the terminal program down!!>.

post-13028-125628558486_thumb.jpg

post-13028-125628559464_thumb.jpg

post-13028-12562856042_thumb.jpg

post-13028-125628561173_thumb.jpg

post-13028-125628562499_thumb.jpg

post-13028-125628563367_thumb.jpg

digelec824.jpg

SOftware I ment the software you run on the IBM/compatible to communicate w the burner if it came w disks i need them..

NOTE I have dos 3.1 to dos 7 and all versions of windows exept for vista and windows 7 OK I have windows 7 ß!!! and xp pro 64Bit!!! and one copy of msdn winxp pro or media center version..

anyway I have msdn version of 98 i could send you cause you have to steal hyperterm for win98..

now set the windows xp hyper term like communicating w modem like as this..

on the burner push 31 execute and go threw every menu item till it exits or it wont take new values!!!!...

the select 7 bits 1 stop bit!!!!!!!

also make hyperterm 7 bits

DAMN now i have to take pictures of the burner I dont need my eeprom burner upgraded!!! i need the software that came w the burner you put into windows 3.11 or dos to communicate w it.. but if youre going to scan the manual I will definantly help you YES I WANT A COPY..

I can show you also how to use both this one and a willem $15 ebay burner too..

NOW FOR THE pictures..

I even have 3 MFM seagate hardrrives two are 20 Meg mfm ST225 and one is a ST251 I got one loaded the other day! and ONLY twice I got one to load up w

a cdrom loaded at the same time as a MFM drive I even got win3.11 loaded onto a cdrom but that had stoned monk III virus I however KILLED that virus..

so if you have the 5¼ floppy disk that came w the manual I could copy it for you I have a way of copying software thats old..

I also have a way to run win95 win98 win311 and win2000 OK mabie not 2000 but if i wanted i could load it up..

I wish you had the softrware ...

But the manual please send me a pdf..

now infomation pertinant to MIDWAY space invaders..

I have 2716 pdf and tms2716 pdf and 9316 info too.

the lame thing about arcade emulation roms is this.

contrarary to some belife pacman pcb's want only 2532's not 2732's and the good thing is the digelec can take a 2732 from willem burner and load it into memmory then you can change TYPE wilst power still on then select 2532 and it will burn it to a hit2532 and will work in any 2532 since the only chips that are differnt in the 2732 to 2764 range are that 2716TMS 2716 and 2732 the pinouts are differnt but the rom code is spit out on chip pin a10

SO space invaders pcbs ARCADE MIDWAY coin op arcade pcb's for Arcade space invaders need the following inputs..

there are 3 configurations for space invaders boards ..

DEluxe PCB's have a nother data shifter chip on MOtherboard and can run the 2716 rom's and the deluxe rom set w more info on it...

A Deluxe PCB can run 9316 set up using MIDWAY Black roms made by general instraments SAme company who used a BLOB for PAcman PLUS as whell as the same

BLOB for Jerrold cable box descramblers I think the guy who used a animal hospital xray on the PAcman BLOB and a fluke he sanded the bottom of the blob off untill he got to the pins and using some fluke really exopensive thing read the rom code!!!! so now pacman+ is now unencrypted!! then he used mame romident and dumped the roms cool huh..

SO that gave me the idea to burn my own version of asteroids i made using hackomatic II HERE IS THE ROM

Asteroids is a ® of Atari .. my version is called crockrocks...

the rocks look like (aw)'s and ®'s ok here are the hyperterm pics next post will have pics of needed settings for burner..

I suggest using a computer w port that works I whink win98 works ..

on the next post i will post pictures of modes in eeprom burner I will also attempt to send a file..

damn now i have to load win95 again then i can steal hyperterm.exe from win95 I think thats the only version w xmodem..

AHHHHHH now i remember its some old terminal program that works w xmodem files NOW i need to hunt the terminal program down!!>.

here is the rom for crockrocks

its © but i dont care.. cause i hacked it its just a hombrew..

also i will attache some more versions..

I only have one REal homebrew cart I got from dreamcatcher.. It had a cool snoopy lable witch i removed to make it into crockrocks..

Ill take a pic or show you a link to a old pic of it..

here are roms..

lame I have to goto 800x600 or stella x wont run.

A1 is crockrocks

as the filename doesnt matter for homebrew carts it does need.bin thogh.

a1winns is coke wins hacks.

a1.bin

a1wwins.bin

adam1.bin

adams_.bin

awwins.bin

Sorry I have 0 software diskettes, never came with any. Wish I had them too, be sooo much easier... LOL

Anyways, I managed to scan in teh entire manual last night, and a supplemental sheet that was included showing what chips it supports. I have about 1/2 it cleaned up and centered and should have it finished by this weekend. Be forewarned its an over 20mb+ PDF file. I did my best to keep it the smallest i could, even converted it all to greyscale.

As for an update, I did manage to use the remote console!!!!! I hooked it up to an old Phillips Velo 1 wince device, through the comm port. Turns out it needs a null modem adapter! Anyways, the wince 2.0 terminal hooked right up, everything worked , except 1 problem. The wince terminal has no way to upload or download files!!!! DOH! But it does require everything sent to the device be encoded into Intel hex which could prove useful! Older Wince devices 1.0/2.0 required everything to be converted before uploaded to the device. Could save me the time on having to convert the bins to hex!!!

So now its just time to either A, figure out another terminal software, or B, use Qbasic and write up a real fast terminal software with public code, and provide a help and shortcuts. I'll figure that out later i guess. But i did manage to remotely dump a 27c512 to its ram, then send it over serial to the Velo1, run a version check, and then end the session after. Now i just need the right software to upload and download. LOL. Thanks a bunch so far, I will be using your bins as my test bins for figuring out how to program an eprom on it. :thumbsup:

BTW ill take whatever datasheets you have that are relevant to this burner. Saves me the work of tracking them down! :)

Edited by twolazy

Well I have the pdf 90% or so scanned in and finished, Just have to do the appendix now! :thumbsup:

Here's the compatibility list in the meantime. Its not really part of the manual, just something that was added into it by the last owner. I'll add it as the last page of the manual pdf for future reference. If you happen to use any variants not listed, please note the info and share. I'll be happy to append the list with you and try to have a nice cross-reference.

I have yet to try any 27SF512 chips but I have a feeling they will work, but might require an adapter to fool it into thinking its a 27C512. I think i've seen them for the willem line of programmers, and should quite easily be adapted. Or just diy.. just need another socket, prototype board, a few caps, a mosfet and patience. =)

824compatibility.jpg

Edited by twolazy

Ok after some asking around to my satellite friends, since I know they use jtag alot, as to why my terminal connection on winxp isn't working. I was recommended a different program, which actually connects!!!!

Works great, has xmodem features, and even installs its own driver for direct communication! woot!

Program is called "realterm" http://realterm.sourceforge.net/

its freeware, just remember when you go to install it, there's some check at the bottom as an option to install an optional driver layer, make sure to check that on install and all is good. Only applies to Win NT/2k + though. Me and lower don't need this extra driver, hence why hyper-terminal would work on those os's and not this one!

My settings

(on the unit function #32 settings are as follows)

9600 baud, half duplex, 7n1, dsr off, xon xoff is on, trailer off, header off, auto split on)

(on realterm on my winxp machine)

Com2 over usb (radio shack one)

Null modem adapter

9600 baud, 1 stop bit, 7n1 no error control, xon 11 xoff 13, half duplex, ANSI emulation (the second one down on the first tab)

Now once you connect you'll get a yellow >, press N and enter, should report back 824, next press L, should list the ram contents of the programmer. Z is to quit. Rest the commands will be in the pdf. :cool:

make sure that when you start the program, you choose the rts/cts half duplex option, seems to work a treat. Also make sure the terminal emulation is set to Ansi. If you want some screenshots I will be happy to provide them. Now to just figure out how to get it to send/recieve files and we are in business! =)

824realtermscreenie.jpg

thats a pic of my ram dump, sorry it was blank didnt copy anything to it but it worked correctly :)

Edited by twolazy

Lord almighty! I've never seen posts that long before! RH, that movie is great! ;)

Whell The state of mind needed to remember how to program a EEPROM programmer requires me to

look into the past and that movie reminded me of 2000-2001 and 1999.

A story is in need of being explained.

ONCE a pon a time a long time ago in Mayfeild heights OHIO I was about 1 year old my mom said look

Watch the moon landing I cant remember weather I grabbed the vhf knob on the tv and rotated it to U cause

U always ment ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!! that I can remember.. The moon landing I know I cant remember.

Later as a kid I do remember We had a birthday party for my brothers freind and there were babys there

cause he is only 2 years older than me so if i was 1970 he was 3 or 4 and I was 2 we had a

baby toy a flanel tube in witch you could crawl into and out of it was about 3 to 4 feet long I cant remember wTF it was for exept I think it was some kind of baby crawl thing I loved it I would always goto sleep inside then my brother being mischef like he was and THE OLDER BROTHER MEAN always would roll it to make me dizzy then i would come out disorented then my mom watching the whole time would of course BITch at my brother who would start crying then I was already crying but 2 minnutes later we would on purpose push the crawl log around on purpose it was a blast..

then I remember crawling in in OHIO and my mom said WE have to go in side now I cant remember details of being 1 or 2

years old!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I do remember saying I dont like this party I dont want to move to Minnesota all my freinds are here now i cant remember if i could even talk but i bet i could as you can see i TALK A LOT,.

anyway I remember crawling out of same tube toy in Minnesota In new hope at a nother b day party I think it was 1970 and i was 2 I remember crying cause I had no freinds yet in Minnesota...

I know that was lame..

then in 1974 my dad got a Altair 8800 computer AS A KIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! '

it was a Digtial something brand... anyway it had switches

up up down up up down down down .....

run stop

then later in 1975 my dad got the 1st TAPE PLayer kit from someone else in MINNESOTA!!!!! yes minnesota is

technilogicly advanced as califorina ..

then in 1976 we got the 1st 8¼ or 8½ i cant remember 8 inch DISc drive unit it had two drives and wad cool as hell..

my dad had CPM on it .

brb need to load something to show example of software in 1976

here are some Adv.exe pictures It was the 1st non basic game written in c or assembly language ..

then I remember typing in ELIZA then my brother told me finnaly after he finished typing it in I think it was a sunday.

he said SHUT UP and pushed enter I mean RETURN!!!! then it stopped at line??

then said ok.'

then In 1978 cristmas we got an Atari 2600 for chanuka my dad got it on sale at targer witch we didnt know untill the next YEAR i mean two years later in witch he made a VERY DUMB MISTAKE ok i did..

we had the original atari 2600 but combat blew up !!!!!!!! gee i WONDER WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH FLASHING THE ATARI and pulling

carts out when threr is shag carpet and static all around in the winter is not a good idea!! . any way I think i blew the whole atari up I think I had it apart and I guess flashing wasnt enough then I remember the WORST DAY OF MY LIFT..

the DAMN aztech RF modulator went bad!!!!! man that pissed me off it was a bad revision and the damn rf mosulators caused a BAR about 1 inch long to roll as interferance on the atari it was so damn annoying..

I told my dad since combat was blown up to send the whole atari back to Atari !! we even had the box in the closet..

we sent it back keeping the paddles!! and all the joysticks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then Atari sent a new one back!!

complete in brown shipping cardboard and in a new box witch we should have just left in the shipping box and got a new one but we didnt we liked using the warrenty ..

anyway later next hannauka my dad decided it was time to Upgrade the electronic baby sitter by getting us a Atari400 from target he said he had to RETURN the Atari 2600 in order to afford the atari 400 At that time i had no clue about budjets or how mutch stuff costed...

he returned the atari 400 to Target it was $159.99 !!! retail but since Target HAD sold him the Atari ON sale on his credit card but it was NOT ON SALE at the time he retuerned it they HAD to give him the NON sale price!!!! he was like WTF and they said STORE POLICY he said OK and came back w atari 400 witch he hid from us untill the 1st night of hannuka

I cant even rememeber hannuka i can only remember MISSILE command ..

then in 1980 my dad got a eeprom burner for the cpm machine and was always updating the c-mos in his altair computer.

i remember it was an ICE MON he made a device called somthing w NWW MICROSYSTEMS ice 8080 or something like that anyway he use it as a built in modem and terminal it was a terminal DUMB TERMINAL W OUT SCREEN in witch you could use as a remote system to log on to a cpm terminal as a remote system .essentally exactly like the dominoes tos systems exept no screen.. before that he built the keyboard out of wood and a cherry switch keyboard he had to wire the keys every one singly each key was a cherry microswitch !!! could you amagine how loud it was . then we got new keyboards w silent keys

then he built a keybaord interface from scratch and made a nother wooded keyboard for the kitchen this was 1974 or 1975

or late 1975-early 1976 i cant remember but july 4th 1976 it was hotdogs adventure apple pie and chevyrolet..

anyway he hooked the keybaord to a video interface chip to the 1976 13 inch b/w panasonic tv witch he hooked a bnc connector to the back of the tv and hooked the keybaord into the composite video pin....

I used to watch SPECTUM a UHF ch 23 scrambled Zenith ssavi II tv station It had porn at night and was a pay scrambled

UHF over the AIR tv station..... lasted untill people figured out that you could short pins 10 and 11 together and it would circumvent the address decoder and just descramble even if you didnt pay for service...

anyway I just used the b/w tv and the keyboard bnc connector and would slightly unplug the keyboard connector from the

keybaord and the bnc on the tv wilst watching ch23 spectrum and it would stablize the keybaord signal and i could watch spectrum..

then the keyboard would hook to a stereo gutiar connector in the wall going down to the basement hooking into the

altair computer so we could use the computer in the kitchen witch would run gnd TX and recive wires upstairs my dad had a custom specail he rewote the c-mos to accept two keybaord inputs..

then the ice mon device gave two things my dad said he wanted to make the computer come on down stairs so he 1st made it have a password for the keybaord inorder to use it so after upstairs on the remote dumb terminal we would type

steve 1 otherewise the curser would blink in the left corner of the tv witch has burn in in 6 spots of the same size _

curser anyway the modem password terminal device would hook into the upstairs terminal down staird then into the

altair this wya we could push steve1 and the ice mon device would snap a relay and the computer downstairs would come on

then if a disk was in the drive we could do this

a:

b:

a:>

adv.exe

then it would run adventure.

also he made a new c-mos w users

you could do a user1

prompt $p$g

and that stuff

he once wirewrapped a clock for the altair and also we had a sound blaster it was called the sb talker..

some middle eastern guy he was cool he was the guy whoes voice was in the sb talker thats why the weather radio always sounds like a middle eastern guy he invented the sound blaster I think he is from saudi arabia .. anyway.

i always tried to make the sound blaster say shnaouze it cant say that word in can say snauze but not shnouwze it can say faw que but not the latter fu spelled correctly it sounds wrong...

Then I remember my dad got a new eeprom programmer about the time atari400 came out before we got one..

I remember he copied basket ball and his freind helped he long forgot BUT I remember he used a 7404 a ls7404 for the bank switch i long forgot what bank switch was and didnt even know what memmory location was about..

so i had to remember when i was a kid cause i remember my dad used a lot of intel 2716 chips 27 of them to be exact I counted 56 chips my dad still has the original chips cause i left them he said i could have what i wanted ''needed''

i kept his 2708 special c-mos chips he used to have his old altair stuff on cause i know he would want them for senitmental value.. I stole all the 7400 7404 and all the anything i needed for arcade pcb .

this is why i always have to be super tired when writeing these replys i have to remember being a kid cause when i was a kid i used to do a lot of serial port work using dumb terminals w modems to use the modem as a caller id device1!

I forgot all about null modem..

'

post-13028-12564091306_thumb.jpg

post-13028-125640913822_thumb.jpg

post-13028-12564091481_thumb.jpg

Its all comming back to me now youre watching BOOM from cartoon network.

GRAPE APE grabe ape grabe ape..

I remember i used a motorla null modem cable from a old qualcom cell phone..

I forgot all about the null modem DAMn

anyway here is the address for the bin to hex file you need .

If i send you a self addressed stamped evnelope could you send me a cd-rom burn of the manual...

or mabie ill just send you a memmory stick!!!>...

here is logical devices bin2hex or hex2bin I wonder why the eeprom burner would suck a whole file up then not like it

it was cause of the null modem cable!.

please show me what youre 31 execute settings are...

oh before i lost the paste buffer

C2 SST 27SF512 Chip [C2] - Works fine as a drop-in replacement for the AT29C256

now if you need some generic 27256 chips i have a crap load of them I have

a whole stick 7 tms27c256 ok i only have 3 of them tms means texis instruaments...

if you need me to program something for you let me know and ill program and send it to you ...

thanks for reminding me about the null modem cable ill have to try my null modem adaptor ..

http://www.hex2bin.com/bin2hex/

then send that file to digelec !!!!!

just take combat.bin in dos and

be in same dir and

go bin2hex combat.bin and it will make a combat.hex file for you.

http://www.hex2bin.com/hex2bin/

and vise versia./.

Edited by awace