IGNORED

Season 2 5200 HSC Round 3 *Miner 2049er*

darthkur

Still last place, but better. I have never played Bounty Bob - is it harder than Miner or of similar difficulty? In my opinion, Miner 2049er is tough.

BBSB, in my opinion, is definitely more challenging. Then again it could be that I really haven't put a lot of time into it. I can only play it via emulation due to the obscene amount the carts sell for.

I didn't know how challenging Miner 2049er was. I never got past stage 6 back in the day - the one with Radioactive Waste written at the bottom. I'm currently trying to solve Stage 7 - ole Bounty Bob really has to plan his route well to claim the whole mine. This is the first level I've encountered where I've had to carefully plan a route grabbing a power-up and then quickly getting to a radioactive creature to kill it before the power runs out.

I didn't know how challenging Miner 2049er was. I never got past stage 6 back in the day - the one with Radioactive Waste written at the bottom. I'm currently trying to solve Stage 7 - ole Bounty Bob really has to plan his route well to claim the whole mine. This is the first level I've encountered where I've had to carefully plan a route grabbing a power-up and then quickly getting to a radioactive creature to kill it before the power runs out.

Every board progressively gets more challenging like that. You really need to solve the puzzle of which route to take and what order in which to do things. And when you do finally reach the subsequent levels you'll find your old patterns don't necessarily work anymore since the little critters have sped up so much.

Still last place, but better. I have never played Bounty Bob - is it harder than Miner or of similar difficulty? In my opinion, Miner 2049er is tough.

BBSB, in my opinion, is definitely more challenging. Then again it could be that I really haven't put a lot of time into it. I can only play it via emulation due to the obscene amount the carts sell for.

You ain't kidding when you say Bounty Bob Strikes Back sells for a obscene amount of money. The cart just sold for $296.55 :-o

Slowly (very slowly) but surely I'm getting better at this. I just managed to break 25,000. I guess the only extra life is 10,000. Bummer.

Once back in high school I played this at a friend's house on his 5200. At the time I was dying to get the game myself, but it was only available mail-order & I didn't trust mail-order back then. I never saw it retail anywhere!

Enough small talk though!

Currently, I'm at 25,015.

miner2049er25015march26.th.png

Stage 7 has me beaten so far. I am using one of those cheap psx-style pads on A800win emulator, and the D-pad is causing me to jump wrong or slip off the edge, and thus fall to my death. (seems worse than a stock 5200 stick!) Good, challenging level though. I've gotten to within only a few steps of finishing but fell & squashed trying to reach the area. Been sick all week but will try one last effort this weekend to compete better.

Stage 7 has me beaten so far. I am using one of those cheap psx-style pads on A800win emulator, and the D-pad is causing me to jump wrong or slip off the edge, and thus fall to my death. (seems worse than a stock 5200 stick!) Good, challenging level though. I've gotten to within only a few steps of finishing but fell & squashed trying to reach the area. Been sick all week but will try one last effort this weekend to compete better.

Cafeman, I thought I would give you my tips on passing Stage 7. Enter the elevator just enough so your hat is inside. Go to 4. You should get the the floor pieces left of the slide (inc the first half over the left side of the slide). Jump over and get the rest. be quick so you can jump on to the transport (if you miss, wait there should be enough time). Once on the transport jump up and get the BF and get the mutant. Fall down to your left on to the two pieces. fall to the left again (don't get the anvil), then move right and jump to the platform to your right. You should be able to get all four pieces, and you will slide down. Get the 4 pieces and position BB so you can jump to the platform on the left, only getting the first 2 pieces. Jump back and work your way up and to the left. On the short platforms you need to be on the edge when you jump, or you will over jump and fall. You should be on the two piece just under the top left slide (long slide). Jump left back to the 2nd platform below the BF. Jump left to the short platform that is next to the anvil. Jump back to your right and wait for the transport. Once on the transport, jump to your right, so you only get the first three pieces. Jump over the slides and get the other four pieces on the right of the slides. Position BB all the way right and jump in the middle of the two slides and get the rest of the pieces. Move left to slide down the short slide that moves you right and drops you straight down then left, sliding all the way to the bottom. Move left get the dynamite box thing and the 2 mutants. Go back up to 3, get the pliers and fall on the transport to your right. Time you jump to get the remaing pieces and the anvil. Slide down. There should be only 2 pieces on the left of the slide just above you to get. Jump up and get them. Fall down to the left, get the 4 pieces, and move left jump over the iron, get the 3 angles pieces, jump to the left, get the 3 pieces and drop on to the transport. Jump to level 2 getting the jack hammer and the mutant. Fall back on to the transport to the right, jump back to the platform on the left, and fall to the platform below (2 pieces). Jump over to the right (lower angled piece) then jump up to the upper angled piece, move right jump over the iron, move right fall on to the 3 piece. Jump left so you only get the 2 left pieces, jump over the slide and get the remaing 2 pieces. (I don't get the iron)

I think this is a great game and I want the HSC to enjoy completing all ten stages!

Thanks,I'll try some of your suggestions! Until you just now stated it, I wasn't aware I could actually grab that "BF"!! :D

My strategy has been to go to 3 first, then ride the platform then jump up to the top to kill the mutant.

When I take the elevator to 4, I always immediately slide down toward the right. If I press left , will I be able to avoid this then?

Thanks,I'll try some of your suggestions! Until you just now stated it, I wasn't aware I could actually grab that "BF"!! :D

My strategy has been to go to 3 first, then ride the platform then jump up to the top to kill the mutant.

When I take the elevator to 4, I always immediately slide down toward the right. If I press left , will I be able to avoid this then?

Watch your hat, when you are in the 1st elevator it should almost be touching the side on the left. When you appear on 4, you should actually get the piece that is over the left side of the slide.

I have conquered stage 7 and I'm almost beating level 8 (hydralic lift level) now. There was a little piece near a slide I had left, missed it and trapped myself, unable to finish. If I can figure out 8, 9, and 10 well enough, maybe I can compete with the uber-scores already posted here. But not until then.

post-37-1238245367_thumb.jpg