IGNORED

Opinions on Resident Evil 5

STGuy1040

I’m playing this game on medium difficulty and I am almost finished with chapter 3. I’m finding the game a bit easy (unlike RE 4) and the in-game puzzles are mind-numbingly simply. The in-game action is pretty intense, and the game itself is fun, but it doesn’t feel like Resident Evil. Riding on a hydro-foil in a swamp? Manning a gun turret on the back of a jeep? What happened to mansions, eerie villages and the like? I loved the changes Capcom made in RE 4, but despite all the changes the game still felt like RE if you know what I mean.

My biggest complaint about RE5 is your new partner. She constantly gets in the way, steals items, and sometimes you don’t get the option to call for help when you need it the most. She’ll just stand there as you plummet to your death or get hacked to death. “Chris!” is all she screams; it’s pretty comical really.

The biggest laugh is during chapter 3; “I’ll cover you!” she screams, as she just stands there while a chainsaw wielding maniac severs her main artery. Game Over. Oh yeah, smart AI for sure.

Overall RE 5 is a great game but it has issues and it’s not the best in the series by a long shot. I wish Capcom had spent more time on the partner AI. :ponder:

Edited by STGuy1040

I only played the begining so far and thought the game was breath taking. Truly one of the finest looking games to date. Walking through the town is the beginning was both beautiful and intimidating. It's so real.

I disagree in that I thought it felt very much like an RE game...and yet somehow different, but not anything like any game I was used to.

This didn't bother me, I don't mind new experiences, especially since as much as I always liked the RE series (I'm a HUGE horror fan) I always felt they controlled like shit. (I never played 4, I heard it controlled better than some of the others) This doesn't control bad to me. Like I said though I only played through the very first couple of chapters so I'm probably not the best person to offer an opinion. I'll have to play some more and see if my feeling change.

As far as the partner goes. I just wish there was a way to get her into one of the side room for a little R&R. Monster hunting is stressful and a little pickle tickle might take the edge off.

I loved RE4.

I like RE5.

I like it a lot, but no love yet.

It does feel like a RE game. From the second you turn it on and get "Resident Evil ... FIVE" it

has the RE feel. The inventory management. The fact that you can't run and shoot. The fact that you

are constantly desperate to grab ammo (although not anywhere near as much in other RE gams) and the fact

that there are pissed off zombies everywhere makes it feel just like RE to me.

There are a lot of differences. No typewriters to save your game, no mind boggling puzzles and no real fear of desperately running all over the place looking for ammo.

But the feel is definitely there.

The big boss battles are still there as well.

I really like it, but I think RE4 was a masterpiece that will be tough to beat.

And I have to agree with everyone else that it is way up there in the stunning graphics department.

For the first time, I'm actually disappointed with a Resident Evil game. Granted Code Veronica was more difficult than the others, but I still enjoyed it. But RE5 is a letdown in some ways. Mainly because Shinji Mikami had no role in it. I suggest they bring him back for the sixth game.

from the trailer it looks like constant action. looks like less of a resident evil game, and more one of those crappy newer resident evil movies.

maybe people like the movies more--who knows? I've never much cared for either, but previous to 4, at least resident evil was distinctly itself and one could tell it from anything at a half a second glance. I caught the trailer at play-n-trade and thought it was some distant wasteland-themed teaser I got off PSN (the game with the person with half a face--WhatsItCalled...).

Does anyone know if it is or will be available for the Wii?

Yes but it'll be an on rails shooter. ;) :P

Huh?

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

followup to Umbrella Chronicles

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2009/03/13/wat...nnouncement-tr/

Thanks for the link. Gives some hope with the Wii.

The Wii needs a real sequel, not a second lightgun game!

Edited by STGuy1040