IGNORED

MADWORLD!

moycon

Anyone else try this game out yet?

I just played about 20-30 minutes. My first impression is the game is kick ass.

Think Sin City, The Running Man, Smash TV, Army of Darkness, and Escape From New York, all rolled into one.

The gore in WAY over the top to the point it's comical. Case in point is a re-occurring pimp that can't seem to get any respect from his spiked bra'd ho. You'll see what I mean if you play the game. Hilarious.

The visuals are top notch for a Wii game.

I can't sat the controls are perfect, but they do work pretty well. I do wish I had more open space when I was playing (and maybe a few beers in me) I have a feeling it would have made the game an even better experience.

This is the SEGA that I remember!

I bought this on release day and then played for like 4 hours straight! I love exploring where you can and finding weapons and stuff. I also like trying to find how many ways I can kill one guy over and over..hehe

The Wii needed a title like this to come out and I'm glad it was SEGA that stepped up to the plate. Looks great, plays really well (I hate the camera though or lack of control rather), and the gore is way way WAY over the top. Too fun!

The Wii needed a title like this to come out and I'm glad it was SEGA that stepped up to the plate. Looks great, plays really well (I hate the camera though or lack of control rather), and the gore is way way WAY over the top. Too fun!

I certainly used the camera adjust (snap to forward) button a lot. That was what I ment by the controls weren't perfect.

This is a fun fun title though. Definitly a reason to dust of the Wii if you're one who has abandoned it. Really well done I think in spite of the camera. I think so far one of my favorite kills was when I picked one dude up, head butted him, swung him around into another dude causing them both to go flying into a garbage dumpster. The lid slammed shut chopping them in half!

I might need to try this. How long is the game though, and is there any point to do the things you do to people? (ie: any story here?).

I think 50 is a bit high for what I'm seeing unless I'm missing something here, but I'd gladly pay 29.99 for it when it comes down in price. From what I see, it looks like a very stylized sandbox game.

I agree, and despite the look of the art which largely annoys me - I will be picking this one up.

Really? I think that is one of the things that makes this title. It's seriously like playing art to me. (Art defaced by copious amounts of blood)

What do you find annoying aboot it? There is definitely a story DaytonaUSA, I haven't quite gotten the full gist of it. It's almost like someone took over a major city and turned it into a Running Man/Mad Max/Deathrace 2000/Smash TV type game show maybe? I'll have to keep playing through more i guess. At this point I'm not exactly sure what the whole deal is.

Edited by moycon

I'll be picking this up.

The visual style looks very cool, but I always wonder when they do games like

this if it for artistic quality or if it is a nice way to cheat on the systems sub par graphics.

Either way, the fact that there is an exclusive Wii game that I want is a relief.

Looks like I will have to dust that bad boy off and fire it up. About freakin' time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is there a trick to make the text in this game readable? I tried switching to 60 Hz, but it didn't help.

What text are you refering to? I hadn't really noticed any text I couldnt read (or maybe just ignored it)

We played this game this past week-end. Myself and my girlfriends, sisters, army husband who is currently stationed in Hinesville GA (soon to be transfering to Colorado!) They drove up for the week-end. After a few beers...well actually pitchers of beer, we had a blast playing through a level and kicking another bosses ASS! He really seemed to enjoy the game. Although he had a bit of trouble with the controls. Anyone else pick this up and get a chance to play it?

Is there a trick to make the text in this game readable? I tried switching to 60 Hz, but it didn't help.

What text are you refering to? I hadn't really noticed any text I couldnt read (or maybe just ignored it)

Mostly the story texts on the map screen. I just stopped trying to figure them out after a while ;)

Anyone else pick this up and get a chance to play it?

I quit playing ~ halfway through it, in the dungeon level of the austrian horror castle. I found it too tedious to replay the complete level a 5th time after dying on the Frankenstein boss for the 4th time. They really should've put continue spots before the bosses.

Recent Wii owner and this is my favorite game thus far.

I would also venture to say that this game alone is worth buying the Wii for.

Totally kick-ass!

Sin City was the first thing I thought of as well from the 1st time I saw the commercial. ;)

Edited by Phantom

I finally beat this game today! And I have to say that I thought it had the right length. Many other sites complained of the game being too short, but I disagree. There is still more to come back to afterwards worth playing for. I missed many of the challenges my first time through and now aim to try and meet them.

And Cybergoth,

The secret to beating Frankie is that you DON'T use the spiked bat until just before you meet up with Frankie. Basically stay on the upper level and use your chainsaw against him a few times. When he starts heading for chair to recharge, whip out that bat and lay into him. Especially when he sits. The bat will prevent him from gaining much energy back and make the fight A LOT easier. Once I knew this, I was able to beat him on my first try through with this technique.

Also the credits are some of the best I've seen for a game yet!

• 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked this up for $3 a while back, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Isn't the guy who voices Bender one of the voices in the game?

Yes, John Dimaggio and Greg Proops. Dimaggio was at Supanova (like Comicon) here a few years ago. I knew everyone would be giving him Futurama stuff to sign so I brought along Madworld. I think it would have made him smile. However, the queue for signing was HUGE so I didn't bother...