IGNORED

Hasbro Family Game Night on XBL

HammR25

Yup..........free download for the trial....but you have to pay for the full game.

My only gripe is if you have to pay 800 points for EACH game.

I wouldnt mind paying 300-400 points per game but 800 apiece.

Sadly, I'll still find myself getting Battleship, Connect Four, etc. etc. M$ has my moneybag, sadly. :(

What a piece of "garbage" tactic. The download is "free" but you have to use 800 points to unlock any specific game.

don't most xbla games cost points to really play them?

My beef is it's not setup like a normal XBL game. There is no trial version listed in the menu. The main version is listed as free but it's not really free.

My understanding is the free download is just for the front end.

Yep, that's what it is. The front end is over 200 megabytes. It seemed strange that a new game was "free". Then I found out why. I wouldn't have bothered downloading it at all if they had put a price up front. I find the whole thing a big shady.

I noticed EA didn't include a trial for their March Madness game last week either. Not that I wanted to buy it. I don't care for their basketball games. On the other hand I love their Arcade hockey game but that had a trial version first.

I used to really sing the praises of Live Arcade, but from "Summer of Arcade" onward it's really started to look like the Wii library. The quality of the games has taken a severe dive. Prices have gone up.

Crystal Defenders was the first thing I had bought in some time. Even then, I think it was too expensive for what it was.

I had looked foward to Death Tank. It looked like it might be a fun little 400 point game I could get my friends into. Instead, it's price made it an object of ridicule.

I had looked foward to Death Tank. It looked like it might be a fun little 400 point game I could get my friends into. Instead, it's price made it an object of ridicule.

I felt the same way in regards to that one as well. If they ever offer it for $5 I'll get it.

I played the trial version of Battleship and it was not even worth 5 dollars, IMO. AND, the trial version only lets you play until you destroy one friggin' ship......they don't even let you finish a game. WTF?!?!?!

I can see paying 10 bucks for the whole shebang but not PER game. I was very turned off by the whole thing and deleted the trial without the bat of an eye.

This will have to eventually come to a stop one way or the other......because even hardcore XBLA guys like me are starting to refuse the shit they spew. Maybe someday, their prices will come down.......but not anytime soon. And from the look of all the future XBLA arcade games coming out within the next two monthes.....I can only realistically see myself trying out one or two of them. The rest looks like shovelware shit.