IGNORED

DS: GTA Chinatown Wars

Anyone else pick this up? It is one of the absolutely coolest looking DS games I have ever seen! Graphics wise it's hard to believe that you're actually playing on the DS. Haven't made it too far into the game yet, but it looks to be a fantastic extension of the GTA series. I am very impressed. :cool:

I'm thinking about it. Haven't gotten a DS game in awhile because I don't have time for anything other than 360 in my spare time.

Looks wonderful and was the only DS game I was looking forward to. Glad to hear it is good. Despite what many people say in reviews, I REALLY enjoyed GTA Advance when it came out...and this has the similar look and feel.....but upgraded immensely.

I picked it up today as a birthday present for my nephew. He is going to turn five in two weeks, so I asked my sister if she would mind me getting it for him, and since he plays GTA 4 with me and loves it, she was cool with it. I just tell him that you do not steal the cars, but just borrow them, and when you shoot someone you are shooting them with a sleep gun that makes them take a nap. I think he fell for it.

I picked it up today as a birthday present for my nephew. He is going to turn five in two weeks, so I asked my sister if she would mind me getting it for him, and since he plays GTA 4 with me and loves it, she was cool with it. I just tell him that you do not steal the cars, but just borrow them, and when you shoot someone you are shooting them with a sleep gun that makes them take a nap. I think he fell for it.

Geez I really hope you're being sarcastic :ponder:

Mee too! :o

Seriously...that's almost a line a wouldn't cross when joking around.

This game does look pretty freaking incredible for a DS game though. I'm looking forward to getting it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

this actually looks pretty darn good--which I never thought I'd say after my opinion on everything that came out post-gta3. Kind of a return to basics.

I hope it keeps count of your different crimes. it gave me kind of a score to shoot for.

Edited by Reaperman

Just picked it up the other day and I've been loving it. Its a bit like playing GTA 1 and 2 but not an exact copy which is what I was expecting when I first heard of it.

Using the stylus to steal cars, make molotov cocktails etc. works pretty well.

well I'm having trouble getting the police to chase me...

I mean, they did in the lame first mission, but I quit the second one to go on a rampage...killed THOUSANDS with the tank and chainsaw with no police threat. I've also noticed that the 'stats' section doesn't keep track of the innocents I've murdered...this is wrong...

I'll go back for a few more missions to see if the game rights itself. It does look awesome, and generally plays awesome. Maybe I just haven't 'unlocked my sandbox' yet.

This is an awesome game! There is online wifi though (to the person who complained about it not being in there).. I haven't done it but I read about it in the manual (yup, I actually read a little bit of the manual.. Rockstar usually puts some funny stuff in there!)

Anyway.. love the game and love just messing around. The fact I can play the game without the stylus ( and just using my finger) is beyond incredible! This one may last a while in my DS!

I can't stand that top down perspective. Didn't like GTA1 or GTA2 because of it. Glad I don't have a DS. :P

It's one thing to not like the game due to it's perspective but why would you say you are glad that you don't have a DS? There are tons of games out there that are great games for it! Just my 2 cents. :)

I can't stand that top down perspective. Didn't like GTA1 or GTA2 because of it. Glad I don't have a DS. :P

It's one thing to not like the game due to it's perspective but why would you say you are glad that you don't have a DS? There are tons of games out there that are great games for it! Just my 2 cents. :)

Because he either is secretly jealous of it because he can't afford it, or he's uneducated as to all the great titles for the system.

I sold my lite and my games, but it was because I knew the DSi was coming and I was tired of the games I had purchased for the most part. I can't wait to try out all the titles I missed when I get a DSi when it's available in green here.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

but why would you say you are glad that you don't have a DS?

Because I'd have to get this. Becauase it's GTA. I knew I wouldn't like Halo 3 before I got it, but still got it, because it's like, Halo. :P

Because he either is secretly jealous of it because he can't afford it, or he's uneducated as to all the great titles for the system.

If I wanted one, I'd have one. I don't do handhelds.

I am loving this game.

I am at 99.70% complete. (My touch screen is flaky and I cannot complete the Tatto "job" for 100% :x )

There is tons of replay value here.

BTW, online is limited to trading stats, drugs, money and points of interest....there is no real multiplayer.

Just got it today. It's definitely a great game! Old school GTA style, mixed with the modern play style. Impressive graphics for a DS game too.

It's nice to have something that gets me to play my DS again. :D

Just got it today. It's definitely a great game! Old school GTA style, mixed with the modern play style. Impressive graphics for a DS game too.

It's nice to have something that gets me to play my DS again. :D

Yes, I plan on picking it up over the summer.... the DS has been good to me over the last few weeks...

Civ Rev for $15 at gamestop

and

Geometry Wars $10 at walmart...

great stuff... I love finding those little gems for under $20!

-rick

Is this another 2D one? those were cool. I got the Gbc one, and that was friggin awesome (other than your dude being a big dot with two small dots on the side :lol: ) But still, it was a cool game. Wait, there was a GBA one? I gotta get that one now. Thanks a lot

>:

• 1 year later...

I am so stoked! I just finished the OffShore Offload mission I was having hella trouble with. I read on a forum that it is easiest to use a bulletproof cab in the mission to survive all the bullets flying at you during the 3-police car wanted level. I am terrible at the Taxi Driver game, but kept at it and today I was able to get 15 fares in a row to their destination on time to earn bulletproof status on all cabs. I then went to the Offshore Offload mission and completed in on my first try!!!

Is this another 2D one? those were cool. I got the Gbc one, and that was friggin awesome (other than your dude being a big dot with two small dots on the side :lol: ) But still, it was a cool game. Wait, there was a GBA one? I gotta get that one now. Thanks a lot

>:

It's kind of a "2.5D" so it is a little bit like the isometric pseudo 3-D viewpoint, but it's better than that and you're not always having to go to the diagonals to get the 3D effect. I mean it REALLY* makes me feel like I'm playing GTA (in full 3D) on a real system. It is a fantastic production. Anyone who compares it to the 2D versions either hasn't played and is ignorant of it, or merely being obstinate.

I really liked Chinatown Wars, great game. Beat it last year sometime, haven't really played it since. I liked how it pretty much recreated Liberty City in GTAIV, with only a few minor differences. Having said that, after GTAIV, Lost and the Damned, Ballad of Gay Tony, and Chinatown Wars, I'm ready to explore a new city.

it took me over a year but i finally got GTA:CW....and

I only paid $10 for it brand new at best buy!

best buy has a buy one game get the second one for 50percent off.

i also got zelda: spirit tracks... i'm saving this one for

when i'm on vacation....

GTA:CW is ok, i guess...... not nearly as fun as vice city....

maybe it'll grow on me over time... this game really needs an

analog joystick. i wonder if the 3ds will let you play your

old ds games with it's stick....

-rick