IGNORED

Ghosts n' Goblins

Ok has anyone ever finished this game? Which version/system?

How did you finish it? Play it all day? Emulation with save states?

Is this the hardest game of all time or will it be the Contra series?

I did a review of the NES version of the game a little while back:

It's definitely the most difficult game for the NES. Most difficult of all time is kind of a tough thing to judge. It's a little bit easier to judge that by genre. I'd definitely say most difficult platformer/hack and slash ever made.

I have Ghouls n Ghosts on MAME,cant get past the 1st screen.From all these kinds of games that I've played,i agree G n G is one of the hardest platform style games.I also have Ghosts n Goblins on mame,AFAIK,its just as hard.I havent played them in a long while.The only difference between the two are various characters and backgound visuals AFAIR.

Edited by Rik

I've beat it on Nintendo. It starts back at the beginning and you do it again. I remember it took me forever that day and I was really getting pissed off.

I forget which part, but there's one that really pisses me off. Once I got past that part the rest wasn't as hard, but there was one part I was stuck on for awhile.

Edited by yuppicide

I've beat "Ghouls 'n Ghosts" for Genesis and SNES, but the original "Ghosts 'n Goblins" was always too tough even with unlimited continues.

First, NTSC Impossible Mission for the 7800 is literally impossible to finish. Can't get much more difficult than impossible. :P

And, holy crap, Contra isn't that damn hard. :roll: Just on the NES, GnG, Castlevania, Gradius, Life Force, Legendary Wings, etc. are harder. Unlike many of those games, losing your powerups in Contra doesn't make the game instantly impossible; most of the enemies in Contra take one hit even with the wimpy standard weapon.

I still say that Silver Surfer is harder. I've never heard of anyone legit finishing it.

Meh, G&G is a good game, but I really hate uber-hard games like that, so it really loses a lot in my eyes. I think I got close to the last castle years ago, but gave up out of sheer frustration.

I did, however, finish Super Ghouls N' Ghosts. Took me forever, but I did it.

I still say that Silver Surfer is harder. I've never heard of anyone legit finishing it.

Meh, G&G is a good game, but I really hate uber-hard games like that, so it really loses a lot in my eyes. I think I got close to the last castle years ago, but gave up out of sheer frustration.

I did, however, finish Super Ghouls N' Ghosts. Took me forever, but I did it.

Most of "Super Ghouls N' Ghosts" is relatively easy once you learn to use the crossbow to take out the red devils. By far the toughest part is surviving the last level the second time around with the crappy bracelet.

I finished the NES version. its not that hard. Ive finished it several times. I couldnt finish indiana joens, tho.