IGNORED

Channel F Football cart - dead - replacement/fix?

I have a Channel F System II, and a bunch of carts for it, a few rare ones including Pro Football. My two nephews just LOVE this football game, and these are teenagers who were brought up on Nintendo, Playstation 3, all the super systems nowadays. One of them even said "it's just like real football." Really amazing that they enjoy such a crude game. Admittedly part of the fun is laughing at just how crude these games are, the slow speed, the flickering characters etc., but the football game really is FUN!

Problem is today after they played a marathon session on it, I was playing myself and out of the blue the cartridge decided to commit suicide. I think it just plain overheated. I've checked and doublechecked and know it's not a dirty connector problem or anything like that, it's obvious it's a circuit board problem. I have another game that was bought dead that behaves the same way, Slot Machine, just boots up with random gibberish on the screen and noises.

Question: are there any options available, where maybe I could modify the old circuit board with modern ROM chips, or build a new one with newer components? I've seen some info on the multicart someone built, and on new games being designed, but nothing that specifically shows how somebody could do this on their own with instructions or schematics. Can anybody assist with more info or links? Or am I just stuck with having to dig up another Football cart?

Thanks!