IGNORED

Bought a Battlezone project today

dezbaz

Hi guys

Just remembered this site from a while ago, I am living in Australia and have a few machines, Love the vector games, I have an asteroids cab, and a few custom made cabs.

I got a NON working LAI type Battlezone today and it is in pretty poor condition, but I hope to restore it in time

Some pics

post-12064-1238245555_thumb.jpg

post-12064-1238245522_thumb.jpg

Any one got one of these?

Take it easy

See ya

Hi guys

Just remembered this site from a while ago, I am living in Australia and have a few machines, Love the vector games, I have an asteroids cab, and a few custom made cabs.

I got a NON working LAI type Battlezone today and it is in pretty poor condition, but I hope to restore it in time

Some pics

post-12064-1238245555_thumb.jpg

post-12064-1238245522_thumb.jpg

Any one got one of these?

Take it easy

See ya

I have a caberet model. Yours looks decent, does it power up? any sounds?

I played an arcade Battlezone recently for the first time since the Golden Age. I couldn't believe how much fun it was. I've never much cared for any of the home ports. There's just no comparison to the arcade. Nice find.

You'll have it looking good as new in no time! Congrats. Owned a few of them in my time, great fun and very "period correct' in a game room.

I would drill all those rivets out and then sand/repaint all of the metal grills. Then get some spray adhesive to do the side art (looks fairly in-tact). Get a new blue capacitor for the power supply in the bottom of the machine and see what all it needs. If you plug it in and can't get a picture, check your spot killer, yadda yadda yadda :) You know the routine!

Very cool, let us know how it goes. By the way, in the states, the home improvement stores sell the ballasts for the flourescent lights (#2's in there I think) and also the blacklight bulbs too. Maybe you could find them down under as well? Beats paying specialty store prices online!

Cassidy

Cool find. I have a Battlezone as well. Mine was working, but now I'm having problems with the graphics. The graphics are not drawing completely, the collision isn't working, and it seems to be flickering. If anybody has any idea's on what it might be please let me know.

What I really wanted to comment on is, I noticed your Battlezone cab looks to be one piece. On my BZ the foot step bolts on. I guess they built them differently for Australia? Anybody know?

Edited by pboland