IGNORED

HSC 6 Contest 7: Topper

JellE

Topper

Contest ends Friday, April 10, 2009 at 11:30 pm EDT.

Play on factory default settings.

This was released in the US in 1982 by Romox. It was programmed by Myron Meier. I do not have a link to the instructions, so if anyone else has any information to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

topper.giftopper_2.giftopper_3.gif

Have fun and good luck!!

8-BIT HIGH SCORE CLUB SEASON 6
Contest 7: Topper Ends: 11:30 PM EDT 04/10/2009
Player Place Score Points
therealbountybob 1st 43,180 12
Vectorman0 2nd 38,900 11
atariksi 3rd 37,560 10
darthkur 4th 37,305 9
poobah 5th 31,295 8
Zone Ranger 6th 29,455 7
Goochman 7th 27,845 6
Deteacher 8th 27,445 5
bluecat 9th 25,905 4
roadrunner 10th 25,555 3
Divya16 HM/P 25,235 1
Gwobby HM/P 24,595 1
TimsterAA HM/P 24,270 1
Champions_2002 HM/P 19,690 1
mopchop HM/P 565 1

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

HM/P

Edited by JellE

You can just about read the instructions and story on the cover scan from Atarimania. Not played this for a long time but think you need to jump on all the discs like in Qbert whilst avioding the baddies... Has 4 difficulty levels A through D, never beaten D before but am sure will give it a good go. Am away for most of the 2nd week so this might be your chance to catch up a few points :P

After playing each game I'm rating them on Atarimania as there are lots of gems like this one that haven't had enough votes to maybe make them get into the top 100 of all time and be more visible. I'm currently also playing Air Support and Deneb; both are worth checking out. Have fun every1!

BB

p.s. Also check this link out for a slice of nostalgia Romox

Edited by therealbountybob

Let's see how long i stay in 1st place. Not long would be my guess.

I'm resisting playing until tomorrow... just! Good job it's England playing tonight and F1 tomorrow ;)

Well qually was exciting, and a real shake up for the "big guys" hope BrawnGP can do something special tomorrow :D

As for Topper- hate it,hate it, hate it :x

I'm resisting playing until tomorrow... just! Good job it's England playing tonight and F1 tomorrow ;)

Well qually was exciting, and a real shake up for the "big guys" hope BrawnGP can do something special tomorrow :D

It's a shame Canada, France , and the USA no longer have a F1 GP. That little troll Bernie should lower his fee for hosting a GP.

He's killing the sport.

Edited by roadrunner

It's a shame Canada, France , and the USA no longer have a F1 GP. That little troll Bernie should lower his fee for hosting a GP.

He's killing the sport.

agreed, the sooner he is out of the scene the better imo

I do not have a link to the instructions, so if anyone else has any information to share, it would be greatly appreciated.
You can just about read the instructions and story on the cover scan from Atarimania.

Romox games didn't come with instruction manuals, so the blurb on the box is all that there is.

Never played this one before...interesting "Qbert" type game.

This is DEFINITELY much harder to play with keyboard...joystick/gamepad controls are almost a must on this one, if you want to do well. ;)

I guess you emulator guys could map the joytick diagonals (e.g. in Atari800Win+4.0 Input, Joysticks, keyset-A) to use the normal arrow keys so you only have to press one key for each direction :ponder:

p.s. GP was good, didn't quite get up for it live :)

I assume everyone has noticed that you have to manually reset the difficulty/level after each game.

I don't know why the name to this game sounds so familiar but I'm pretty sure I've never played this before. It's pretty fun though I wish there wasn't so much of an element of luck involved. For example hoping that a platform won't suddenly vanish from under you or right before you land on it or stay vanished why you sit and watch your bonus points tick away, having the dynamite appear on the space you currently occupy or have the infernal rabbit sit and block your path and never move. Sure wish there was a way to blast that rabbit. :skull:

post-10357-1238348656_thumb.png

I assume everyone has noticed that you have to manually reset the difficulty/level after each game.

I don't know why the name to this game sounds so familiar but I'm pretty sure I've never played this before. It's pretty fun though I wish there wasn't so much of an element of luck involved. For example hoping that a platform won't suddenly vanish from under you or right before you land on it or stay vanished why you sit and watch your bonus points tick away, having the dynamite appear on the space you currently occupy or have the infernal rabbit sit and block your path and never move. Sure wish there was a way to blast that rabbit. :skull:

Maybe your thinking of the classic Tapper :?: Nearly had a go but am resisting until tomorrow :)

Mimo - what games do you like then? Get suggesting them!