IGNORED

Atari four switched Factory reconditioned box, system, and controllers

tenoch

Hi

I just picked up an Atari four switched Factory reconditioned box, system, and two controllers for 15 bucks. I did some searches on this but all that comes up are the six switch systems? Why is there more six switch than four talked about? anybody?

Is this a good find, just wondering.

Thanks

-h

Yeah, you got a pretty decent deal. They're not worth a ton, but if I saw one boxed for $15, even I'd pick it up, and I already have too many. The reason you probably find more info about six-switch ones is because the first (heavy-sixer) and second (light-sixer) models had six-switches, and it seems most people still prefer the six-switch ones. I do, just because it's what I had when I was a kid, and I like having the switches up front where I can see them. Otherwise, it really doesn't make any difference. For the 4-switchers, there's a black front model (nicknamed the Vader) and a woodgrain front one. The Vaders are really cool looking and was the last official 4-switch before the 2600 Jr. was released.