IGNORED

Opening New "store" in Reading

As some of you may know, I have been kicking around the idea of starting my own store to cater to collectors who are getting tired of the typical attitudes exhibited by the current, limited crop of such venues in the area. Well, I have taken the first step towards this end by partnering with Pat at Comically Speaking in Reading (http://www.comicallyspeaking.com/) to place a classic video game section in his store. So far I have been at it for about a month and things are starting to pick up to the point where Pat is set to give me more space. One of the challenges on my end is that I am pretty much tapped out on my current personal inventory of stuff that I am willing to sell. So if anyone has any extra games, consoles or memorabilia that you would like to unload to help me build an initial inventory, please let me know. Full Disclosure - Anything that I buy will be purchased with the intent to resell. With this in mind, I won't be able to pay top-dollar for anything. However, if you would like to help get a new venture off the ground, one run by a fellow gaming enthusiast, then please feel free to let me know. I will keep everyone posted as thing develop and hope to see some of you stop by now and again to check us out.

Dane

Thanks JBoy! I am very optimistic about this endeavor. I have been working with several people to acquire inventory and get enough in the store to make it worth people coming in specifically to buy games and consoles. The store itself is pretty damn cool if you are into comics and other memorabilia. It is a good partnering and the owner, Patrick, is very much into helping me as it helps him draw traffic to his store. Win - Win.

Will it be close to the Reading train station? If so, I could come out there sometime.

It is a bit north of the train station, but close enough to walk to, right on main st. Still working to build up some inventory, so if anyone would like to unload some dupes, let me know.

Dane

Will it be close to the Reading train station? If so, I could come out there sometime.

It is a bit north of the train station, but close enough to walk to, right on main st. Still working to build up some inventory, so if anyone would like to unload some dupes, let me know.

Dane

I don't mind walking, it's one of my favorite ways of keeping fit. As for dupes, I'd love to unload some, but for now I'm busy with work. Maybe when I have more time. ;)

As some of you may know, I have been kicking around the idea of starting my own store to cater to collectors who are getting tired of the typical attitudes exhibited by the current, limited crop of such venues in the area. Well, I have taken the first step towards this end by partnering with Pat at Comically Speaking in Reading (http://www.comicallyspeaking.com/) to place a classic video game section in his store. So far I have been at it for about a month and things are starting to pick up to the point where Pat is set to give me more space. One of the challenges on my end is that I am pretty much tapped out on my current personal inventory of stuff that I am willing to sell. So if anyone has any extra games, consoles or memorabilia that you would like to unload to help me build an initial inventory, please let me know. Full Disclosure - Anything that I buy will be purchased with the intent to resell. With this in mind, I won't be able to pay top-dollar for anything. However, if you would like to help get a new venture off the ground, one run by a fellow gaming enthusiast, then please feel free to let me know. I will keep everyone posted as thing develop and hope to see some of you stop by now and again to check us out.

Dane

Damn! I thought it was Reading, PA!

Right now, I just have two display cases up, mostly with systems and a limited number of common NES, 2600 and Intellivision games. I am working on building up stock and maybe, just maybe, taking over 500 sq ft of space in my own room within the store. I am also talking to some folks about bankrolling a satellite of their business within the comic shop, but all this is still in the early stages. However, if this goes forward and takes off, we may be looking for folks with knowledge to work with us. So if you are near Reading and are interested, let me know. I am pretty excited about this opportunity and things seem to be falling into place. I will keep you all posted. In the meantime, here are some pics of the comic ship itself.

P2210003.jpg

This was the first case that I set up. I have moved on to two about twice the size.

P2210006.jpg

P2210007.jpg

P2210013.jpg

Thanks, I have been talking with a few partners about making this location a satellite of an existing store in the area. No confirmation on this yet, but things are looking pretty good. I am expanding slowly. Currently I have two cases of items in the store with tentative plans to take over approx. 500 sq. feet of floor space in a back room if all goes well.

IMG00037-20090413-1639.jpg

IMG00036-20090413-1638.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Waterborn,

I have some things for your store you may be interested in some extra colecovision and atari games. I'll try to put together a list of the stuff for you this weekend to see if your interested. (I'm in mass mon-fri ,so getting the stuff to you would be easy)

AJ

AJ, thanks for the offer. I definitely would be interested to see what you got. We are getting ready to expand the video game footprint in the store soon, probably in July. The store is located at 575 Main St. in Reading. It is in a brick-face building on the East side of Main. You can't really miss it, given that there is a 8' Hulk visible through the front door. :D

Thanks for the continued support folks. I will be at the store tomorrow from noon - 4 pm demoing systems for a big sale that my partner, the owner of the comic book store, is having. Stop by if you are in the area.

And Jboy, no plans to set up any online stuff at this time. Too busy to even think about it at this point. :D

It would be nice to visit this store one day. I live in Connecticut and during summer I am planning on driving all the way up to Maine for vacation. I might be lucky and pass by Reading on the way. I'm sure that by the time I go to Maine your store section will grow a lot. I'm willing to buy any game or system as long as it's fairly cheap.

JBoy, we have tons of working 2600 joysticks, so just let me know if you need any.

Poop (hehe - Beavis laugh), please do stop by if you are in the area and be sure to let me know you are coming by so I can can plan to be at the store when you do.

We are getting a pretty big allotment of NES, SNES and N64 games this week from another store in RI (Thanks Time Capsule!). So things continue to grow at a steady pace.