IGNORED

What game system(s) do you plan on buying next?

1979 Famicom? Pics?

Very sorry my mistake, it is an original Japanese hvc-001 Famicom from 1983, I live in Japan so I have access to some really strange things, I don't know where I got 79 from. With that said I might be able to pickup anything hard to get from Japan if people are looking.

Any good import GC games out there? I know most of the good imports are on PS2, but I need something to play on my Panasonic Q before I get it modded lol.

1979 Famicom? Pics?

Very sorry my mistake, it is an original Japanese hvc-001 Famicom from 1983, I live in Japan so I have access to some really strange things, I don't know where I got 79 from. With that said I might be able to pickup anything hard to get from Japan if people are looking.

Any good import GC games out there? I know most of the good imports are on PS2, but I need something to play on my Panasonic Q before I get it modded lol.

There are a few games here that didn't come out in other countries nothing really amazing if my memory is any good. I'll have a look around, GC games are a little hard to come by because the system wasn't that popular, I have one myself with a few games.

Edited by silver

As far as systems go I have nothing planned. I'm sure I'll get a PS3 eventually. To put this in perspective, I bought a Xbox 360 from Crazy Climber 4-6 months ago... It is still sitting in its shipping box. I haven't even plugged it in. It's embarrassing. The games I have for it I've loaned to my friends, because at least they have time to play them. :( I believe that I've hit the proverbial wall here and am just going to enjoy the platforms I have and just accumulate software and properly oufit what I own. On the (short) hardware want list...

PS3 (no rush)

1-2 Coctail arcade machines (Space Duel or Tempest.) Perhaps a Mame/Neo-Geo cabinet. (no space :( )

Fully functional Apple 2 rig (see above)

Fully functional Atari 8-bit rig (ditto)

That's it.

Hex.

[ Perhaps that thin mint wasn't such a hot idea... ]

After acquiring two Personal Arcades, maybe an actual Colecovision will be a good investment ;)

Personal Arcades/DINAs are sweet-looking. Wouldn't mind one, myself!

Speaking of personal arcades I have access to a Japanese store about 20 mins down the road from me that sells used arcade hardware (95% Japanese stuff), including complete sets, most of the stuff is without the cases (space is an issue in Japan) but the hardware is all there, I really wanted to take a look but dont know where to start.... any ideas?

Edited by silver

After acquiring two Personal Arcades, maybe an actual Colecovision will be a good investment ;)

Speaking of personal arcades I have access to a Japanese store about 20 mins down the road from me that sells used arcade hardware (95% Japanese stuff), including complete sets, most of the stuff is without the cases (space is an issue in Japan) but the hardware is all there, I really wanted to take a look but dont know where to start.... any ideas?

Oh no, not real arcade machines. He was talking about the Telegames Personal Arcade AKA Dina 2-1 game system. The Telegames Personal Arcade is a Colecovision compatible game system, not an actual arcade machine. It also plays SEGA SG-1000 games too. Sorry for the confusion

Below is a pic of what were talking about.

dina.jpg

(not my pic, just found it on google)

I own two. Like the pic shows, one with DINA label and another with Telegames USA label.

Edited by EMZayas

I have been really into the Genesis lately, so was thinking about a Sega Nomad. Unfortunately, they seem kind of pricey.

Other than that, nothing. I have more systems than I know what to do with right now.

I have been really into the Genesis lately, so was thinking about a Sega Nomad. Unfortunately, they seem kind of pricey.

Other than that, nothing. I have more systems than I know what to do with right now.

I got mine for $7 at a garage sale with a copy of Sonic 1. Again old people are clueless. Here's a pic.

HPIM0950.jpg

I had no idea what it was when i got it. But then after looking on Ebay, I realized how rare it was.

Oh no, not real arcade machines. He was talking about the Telegames Personal Arcade AKA Dina 2-1 game system. The Telegames Personal Arcade is a Colecovision compatible game system, not an actual arcade machine. It also plays SEGA SG-1000 games too. Sorry for the confusion

Below is a pic of what were talking about.

dina.jpg

(not my pic, just found it on google)

I own two. Like the pic shows, one with DINA label and another with Telegames USA label.

That controller looks great!

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have a 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision and C64. I have some holes to fill in respect to the carts I would like to purchase to complete my collection for each respective console. I am only buying games that I want to play, not trying to collect every cart produced for that console.

I am really interested in beginning to collect the old standalone consoles like Pong, Superpong and the old Odyssey consoles. For me that would be a real trip and hell for my wife. Now, my wife is not a nag or bad person, she just does not have the same appreciation for this stuff as I do. I'm sure others in this forum have the same reality.

Also, I would probably add the XEGS to my collection.

I'm buying all the early consoles after having owned all of the 1990 on stuff more or less anyway lots of stuff: atari lynx, 2600, 3DO, vectrex, more! I still have alot of machines/games to buy thankfully I'm young so I have time

I'm probably not going to add to my system collection anytime soon. I recently picked up an SNES on the cheap, and I'm starting a collection of games for that. I'd like to get more for my Saturn too.

If I were to get anything:

1. N64

2. Colecovision

3. SMS

Not diss a genesis, but that collection for the 360/PS3 is nicely done. However, I did run across a genesis 2 with the Sega CD and 32X attachment complete with hook ups. They were asking $90. Tempting, but a bit too pricey to me. With effort, I could probably get the items separately and knock off about $25 or so. Again, I'm satisfied with that collection, most of the 32X games are crap, and SegaCD games work fine with a modded xbox.

I want a 7800 but there is absolutely nowhere that has games. I'm surrounded by 5 Play-N-Trades and they don't have a single 7800 game. The 7800 never took off here on Long Island. The NES had a year head start thanks to test marketing in 85' and that pretty much destroyed the 7800.

I want a 7800 but there is absolutely nowhere that has games. I'm surrounded by 5 Play-N-Trades and they don't have a single 7800 game. The 7800 never took off here on Long Island. The NES had a year head start thanks to test marketing in 85' and that pretty much destroyed the 7800.

I got a 7800 for $20 off of eBay and between eBay, CTCW, members here at AA and gaming expos I am having no problems at all getting games. As a matter of fact, I have a bunch of dupes you can buy off of me to get you started. PM me if you're interested.

I got a 7800 for $20 off of eBay and between eBay, CTCW, members here at AA and gaming expos I am having no problems at all getting games. As a matter of fact, I have a bunch of dupes you can buy off of me to get you started. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks. I will if I ever get one. the problem for me is that almost every week there is a different selection of games at play-n-trade for nearly all of my consoles (the exclusing being the TurboGrafx 16). In turn I get one or two new games every week. That just won't be the case for the 7800 unfortunately.