IGNORED

What game system(s) do you plan on buying next?

The Atari Lynx. There was nothing quite like it in it's day, and the selection of games was rather good. But lately, my interests have been shifting more towards 1980s and early 1990s computers as of late, so the Lynx may be my last classic game system for a while. The next frontiers will be the Amiga, the C64, the Atari 8-bit computers, the Tandy CoCo 3, the Apple IIGS, and classic PC DOS games (I plan on getting a Tandy 1000RSX for these, if at all possible.).

Ah yes, the Amiga computer... I'm interested in the Amiga CD32 but the prices are insane. :D

I am dumping mine shortly on fleabay. too hard to get stuff to work. even with the floppy drive added. just very picky. aga is probably why.keyboard is hard to find unless you want an a3000kb,expensive but some games need it and the controllers are pretty bad. I did have high hopes for it and was going to d/l a cd full of games so I could boot it and just play. It can be a cool project but most of the games I want for it it already have the actual arcade machine for.It really needs something like sdrive nuxx.

That said I am thinking of getting a TG16 again. Had a brand new Turbo Express w/tv tuner but sold it about 8 years ago. The console would be nice though.

Your Amiga CD32 with attachments should make you some decent money on Fleabay. I've seen complete systems (with the floppy drive attachment) sell for $300 or better without any software.

-Mike

I'm thinking Sega CD or Gamecube. I saw a GC at Goodwill a couple weeks ago but it was just the bare console. Sooner or later I'll find one.

My local Salvation Army is selling a Gamecube for $80 but I am hesitant to buy it. They don't accept returns, and while the system looks mint, it’s a big risk if the system doesn't work. My local Goodwill is selling PS1 systems for $9.99 but they're beat to hell. One of them is actually missing the CD-Rom cover tray! lol

Edited by STGuy1040

One of these:

TI99/4a (the silver/black one)

TRS-80 Color Computer 1

Intellivision III

Tandyvision

And maybe a fully-working Timex-Sinclair TS1000 with RAM pack and cassette cords, for the hell of it.

This, of course, when I am working again and have disposable income. :|

80 dollars for a Gamecube? That's nuts. They're 30 at Gamestop with a warranty.

Yea really, that's way too high for the purple cube. Keep looking, deals can be found if you wait it out. I have been looking for a 64DD for well over a year, and If you get the Nintendo DD, two of the games sealed, including all the accessories and games and boxes except Japan Pro Gold and Doshin 2, you'd be looking at anywhere from 1600-2000. Patience paid off, I just got that all for 400 bucks :D. The same with my Panasonic Q. Picked it up for 200. If you can get a Panasonic Q for 200 if you're patient, whats the point in getting a basic cube for almost half that? ;)

I'm thinking Sega CD or Gamecube. I saw a GC at Goodwill a couple weeks ago but it was just the bare console. Sooner or later I'll find one.

My local Salvation Army is selling a Gamecube for $80 but I am hesitant to buy it. They don't accept returns, and while the system looks mint, it’s a big risk if the system doesn't work. My local Goodwill is selling PS1 systems for $9.99 but they're beat to hell. One of them is actually missing the CD-Rom cover tray! lol

WTF? $80? That's insane!!!! As much as I hate them, just go to Gamestop.

I can't really say "plan on buying," since I'm going to try to finish up the Jag collection first (and I need more room in this house).

But, if money and space were of no matter, I'd want to buy, previous systems:

3DO - My brother's got one and I always thought it was so cool!

Vectrex - ditto - I'd want to get a multicart with it, tho.

Current system would be the Xbox 360.

Also, maybe something neat-o like one of those old, luggable/portable Compaq or Commodores.

Actually, an idea I originally had (until I realized just how much money and space I would need) was to purchase every, single Pong system ever made. I did the research and lordy, there are a lot. So I had to put that on the back burner, until the million dollars and mansion are ready for pickup. :D

Great topic!!

Cheers,

Smeg

Yeah but there is a little metal extender you can get. I have an extra one if you need one. This is what I'm talking about.

Ahh, I never realized those existed! If I pick up a model 2 I'll definitely want that. :)

Alright. Just send me a message with your info when you get the CD. I'll even pay for shipping ;)

Edited by STICH666

The Atari Lynx. There was nothing quite like it in it's day, and the selection of games was rather good. But lately, my interests have been shifting more towards 1980s and early 1990s computers as of late, so the Lynx may be my last classic game system for a while. The next frontiers will be the Amiga, the C64, the Atari 8-bit computers, the Tandy CoCo 3, the Apple IIGS, and classic PC DOS games (I plan on getting a Tandy 1000RSX for these, if at all possible.).

Ah yes, the Amiga computer... I'm interested in the Amiga CD32 but the prices are insane. :D

I am dumping mine shortly on fleabay. too hard to get stuff to work. even with the floppy drive added. just very picky. aga is probably why.keyboard is hard to find unless you want an a3000kb,expensive but some games need it and the controllers are pretty bad. I did have high hopes for it and was going to d/l a cd full of games so I could boot it and just play. It can be a cool project but most of the games I want for it it already have the actual arcade machine for.It really needs something like sdrive nuxx.

That said I am thinking of getting a TG16 again. Had a brand new Turbo Express w/tv tuner but sold it about 8 years ago. The console would be nice though.

Your Amiga CD32 with attachments should make you some decent money on Fleabay. I've seen complete systems (with the floppy drive attachment) sell for $300 or better without any software.

-Mike

I had no idea! I have a couple cd's and a bunch of floppies. I'll give it a go on ebay soon! Had to get the floppy drive out of the UK.

Hi guys, new post, great site, I own quote a few consoles myself, oldest is intellivision or even the 1979 Japanese Famicon (NES)... I own a 64DD with a few games, modem etc... was thinking of selling it, what kind of money do you think I could get for it?

Personally I really want to buy a tabletop Galaga.... so many memories :)

Hi guys, new post, great site, I own quote a few consoles myself, oldest is intellivision or even the 1979 Japanese Famicon (NES)... I own a 64DD with a few games, modem etc... was thinking of selling it, what kind of money do you think I could get for it?

Go ahead and make a thread in our Marketplace area, and you can see what you can get for it there. Depending on what games you have ext, you're looking at 400 for the system with maybe the modem.. and a LOT more if you have other accessories. Like I said before, 64DD systems that area complete with every game can go for about 2k.

Welcome to the boards :)

1979 Famicom? Pics?

I thought Famicom came out in '83 in Japan?? :ponder:

:) Systems I'd like to get next are :

Vectrex

Neo Geo AES

Sega Saturn

Turbo Grafx Express

X-Box (the original)

Sega Nomad (handheld version of Genesis)

Super Famicom

Fairchild Channel F

NES 8-bit Top loader

Nintendo Wii

Texas Instruments TI-99 4A w voice synth, Monitor,and hard drive

Apple Lisa

Atari 2600 6-switch (still in the process :ponder: )

Consoles I want (won't be buying any for a long time though):

Apple ][

Atari ST

Tandy CoCo3

Sega Nomad

Jaguar CD

Neo Geo Pocket Color

Wonderswan Color (maybe)

Consoles I already own in some way, but would like to have just for the collection:

TurboDuo

PSOne

Genesis 3

Sega CD model 1

Nintendo toaster

Channel F model 1

Atari 2600 Vader (always thought it looked cool)

I have MOST of the systems I really want. For the modern systems, I need a PS3 (mostly because my BluRay player is crap and I'm tired of Samsung not issuing firmware updates). For the pre-modern systems, I'm looking for a CD-i and SegaCD. Heh, yeah, it's pretty clear I have all the *good* systems I want if my priority list includes the CD-i!

1979 Famicom? Pics?

Very sorry my mistake, it is an original Japanese hvc-001 Famicom from 1983, I live in Japan so I have access to some really strange things, I don't know where I got 79 from. With that said I might be able to pickup anything hard to get from Japan if people are looking.