IGNORED

Season 2 5200 HSC Round 4 *Pitfall II: Lost Caverns*

darthkur

b_Pitfall2_front.jpg

s_Pitfall2_1.png

Help Pitfall Harry find his niece Rhonda, the cowardly cat Quickclaw and the great Raj diamond. Be on the lookout for a pesky stone-aged rat as well. Then venture through the forbidding second cavern and solve its surprising mystery of freedom. Throughout your journey grab all the gold bars you can. Let the adventure begin.

Emulators are fine as is whatever controller you feel the most comfortable with. Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Settings: N/A

Contest ends on: 4-13-09 at 1:00am EST.

Final High Scores:

1st: bohoki - 275,430 +11

2nd: Cafeman - 243,893 +10

3rd: LarcenTyler - 239,672 +9

4th: darthkur - 189,672 +8

5th: ckirkman - 158,000 +7

6th: midnight magicman - 145,635 +6

7th: DensB68 - 94,911 +5

8th: roadrunner - 76,481 +4

9th: RangerG - 36,793 +3

10th: MIKE5200 - 28,775 +2

Current Standings:

1st: darthkur (31) (2)

2nd: Cafeman (29)

3rd: doctorclu (19) (1)

4th: ckirkman (17)

4th: roadrunner (17)

5th: DensB68 (14)

5th: Scihorror (14)

6th: bohoki (12)

7th: RangerG (10)

8th: Shannon (9)

9th: thursday83 (7)

10th: NoahsMyBro (6)

11th: Mingy Jongo (5)

12th: LarcenTyler (3)

13th: BydoEmpire (2)

14th: MIKE5200 (4)

Numbers in RED are accumulated points. Numbers in BLUE are number of rounds won.

Link to the official manual: Pitfall II Manual

Edited by darthkur

I have a question about scoring. I got 29,000 before i kept touching the bat and a frog that knocked my score below 20,000 before i gave up. Is that OK? Does this game have a time limit? Does the game ever end if i can't finish the game?

Sure, because that's your highest score you achieved in that particular game. When you finish the first part, the game keeps track of the score you achieved at the end of pt 1. It then keeps a secondary score for part 2, that being the total of your pt 1 score and whatever you do to alter it on the 2nd part. If you got to the second part and lost a lot of points on the secondary score field the total for the first would still count. It does get a bit complicated since there is no time limit for this version of Pitfall. So exceptions have to be made. :cool:

I got 102,909 on the first part. I had some thing like 158,000 on the second part when I quit playing. Do you ever just die and the game is over? Or do you have to lose all your points to die?

Actually you're immortal in this game. It's just the points and actually completing the two caverns that are goals. No time limit or finite number of lives as in the original Pitfall.

Are we only counting the first half? Because if so, 128,255. I couldn't finish the second cave because I had to leave.

We're counting are far as you can get and the best score you had while doing so. Finishing either levels is not required.

....i have to say the second part is 4 times harder than the first part

atari004.png

You got that right. I still haven't made it very far in the second cavern. This is mostly due to those bats that fly very eratic patterns. I just can't seem to figure them out.

post-10357-1238984229_thumb.jpg

I have a question tho. How come i can't jump over the rat in the pic below. He keeps pushing me off the screen.

You have to approach the rat from the other side. It's impossible to come at it from the water. It will always push you back.

I want to see a perfect score of 504,000 from one of you pukes LOL

;)

Someone might but it certainly won't be me, any time soon. :|

;)

give me a can of raid for those freaking ants and i'll do better

:lolblue: Yeah, and something for those damn bats with the erratic flight.

;)

give me a can of raid for those freaking ants and i'll do better

:lolblue: Yeah, and something for those damn bats with the erratic flight.

The moving frogs were the worst for me. There are a few instances where you have to face them head on. They made me the most nervous.

The ants are just a matter of timing. You have to jump early since they move so fast. The eratic bats...you can either jump them, or run right under them. Watch their flight pattern to see the spots. Jumping them is easiest.