IGNORED

Super Pong power supply

Zoyx

Just got a Tele-games Super Pong (same as Atari super pong). No AC adapter. From googling, looks like I need a 6V adapter. The problem is, I don't know how the positive and negative were aligned. Anyone know? Thanks.

Just got a Tele-games Super Pong (same as Atari super pong). No AC adapter. From googling, looks like I need a 6V adapter. The problem is, I don't know how the positive and negative were aligned. Anyone know? Thanks.

I can't really answer your question specifically, but IIRC an Atari 2600 power supply works fine. I know they work fine on my Sears Telegames Pong and Atari Super Pong Pro-Am 10. And off the top of my head, the Atari 2600 power supply is 9V, so I don't know where that 6V business is coming from. :?

Otherwise, you could use batteries...but I can see why that might not be an attractive option. :)

Got the Super Pong up and running last night. Garbled screen. For brief flashes the playfield would focus. I am getting sound. My googling has turned up nothing on fixing it. I took it apart and inspected it, everything seemed in order. There was even some adjustment screws, but they didn't seem to do anything. Any clues on how to fix this?

Declaring my super pong a brick. Any recommendations for what I can do with the remains? Maybe put some plants in it? Aquarium?

I just bought Video Olympics for my 2600. That should suffice for my pong needs.

• 11 years later...

From what I see here :

pong2.gif

There's nothing but a diode to drop the 6 V to 5V, so NO, don't ever use 9 volts on the Super Pong.

I would also recommand using a regulated power supply instead of a power brick.

Unfortunately there aren't many modern sources of 6V... I think old Nokia phone chargers were 6 volts; if you have the knowledge, you can replace the original tip by a mono jack (It's level 101 of electricity and soldering ;) )

Edited by CatPix

As a rule of thumb I learned to determine polarity: if you open it up and follow the wires on the power connector, the one that leads to huge areas of wide traces and entire pools should be negative (ground) while the one that usually ends in one or a few places and more narrow traces is the positive (6V).

• Like 1