IGNORED

Amazing how much a minority Atari 2600 fans are at Digitpress

homerwannabee

I joined DP last year I think, or maybe two years ago. The main reason I don't participate more at DP is because it's hard enough to follow the posts in the AtariAge forums. I tried to follow both AA and DP for a while, but I couldn't keep up with both, it's too time-consuming. If I had more spare time, I'd do it.

Michael

I just noticed that the two top systems in the poll are Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Even the vaunted NES is in third place. I think the true reason for the lowness in ranking is in reality the active members of Digital Press are primarily in their mid 20's. They grew up with the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. I think Iwan is probably the most correct here. It has to do with a generational thing. Most likely these posters will probably get married soon, and have their own kids, and then the next video game generation will come at that site to post. And they will be voting PS1 and PS2 as their favorite systems.

Edited by homerwannabee

And they will be voting PS1 and PS2 as their favorite systems.

I thought you said the poll was about 'what systems you play the most'. How did "favorite" system become part of the conversation? :ponder:

I would assume that the system you play the most is your favorite system, but hey it becomes semantics. I think it has become to the point in this thread where people are just going to argue anything I say just so they can have the last word. Fine, whatever, have the last word.

Edited by homerwannabee

I would assume that the system you play the most is your favorite system, but hey it becomes semantics. I think it has become to the point in this thread where people are just going to argue anything I say just so they can have the last word. Fine, whatever, have the last word.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...+to+your+mother

I would assume that the system you play the most is your favorite system, but hey it becomes semantics.

Here's a short list (top 3) for me:

Most Played:

Xbox

PS2

Most Favorite:

Xbox

Dreamcast

NES

When the 2600 or NES or something gets Fallout 3 and Mass Effect, then I'll go ahead and bump them up to most played.

Anywho, you can assume whatever you want, but it's still just an assumption. And you know what they say about assuming...

Might also want to read:

http://feelgoodlibrarian.typepad.com/feelg...l_make_ass.html

I just noticed that the two top systems in the poll are Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Even the vaunted NES is in third place. I think the true reason for the lowness in ranking is in reality the active members of Digital Press are primarily in their mid 20's. They grew up with the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. I think Iwan is probably the most correct here. It has to do with a generational thing. Most likely these posters will probably get married soon, and have their own kids, and then the next video game generation will come at that site to post. And they will be voting PS1 and PS2 as their favorite systems.

Ahem..Iwan and Crazy Climber....

I have met a lot of the DP guys at shows and at least at the shows they seemed to be a slighty younger crowd then here (not that I am old or anything :D )

I have said it a million times and it is true, if you did not grow up with Atari you probably won't get in to it now.

No love for my post :sad:

Edited by Crazy Climber

Please lets not turn this thread into an AA vs. DP flame one. Everyone has their favorites for different reasons and if you don't have something positive to contribute maybe it would be better to avoid those threads completely and post where you apparently seem happiest. Thank you.

Digital Press is GOD.

FINALLY MY CHANCE TO DISCUSS DIGITPRESS/COM

I was a fond member of the digitpress forums right along side of the atariage at one time. i found my need to fit into a community of avid gamers and collectors alike on both sites until this one fatal day.

I think it was a balmy 42 degrees outside and the wind was ferociuosly blowing as the digitpress forums had asked for some of my ps2 expertise in completing their ps2 site collectors list. (I have variations and case msitakes never before shared) I calmly agreed to share my ps2 knowledge and pictures of my very own collection with the site, until some adolescent decided to knock my pics and say they were not legitamit. I then decided to keep my pics from photobucket for myself and strayed away from the digitpress community only to return on another day in the future.....

Well, the future came and I posted a forum reguarding a recall on xbox power supplies for their wireless racing wheels. this came as a surprise to their many xbox followers and they shunned me for suggesting that the Microsoft systems could have any flaws whatsoever.

To sum this all up, I do believe I have the most complete ps2 collection possible to date and only lack possibly 100 titles or so with an avid collection of ps2 demos and variations. I jumped from 2600 to ps2 back to nes complete and still follow ps2 closely.

Digitpress for myself is a site I no longer visit and wish they were more accepting of others that are not the imediate insiders..... I have pics of items they have never posted before and could help in their ps2 data base quite extensively...

For now...

Ace from michigan

Edited by neonesmaster

*sigh*

I suppose it was too much to wish for that this would remain civil.

EDIT: I researched the above poster's posts at DP. It's easy enough to see what happened if you care to do it too. Yet another "One thing went wrong with one person so I'll damn the entire community" situation.

Edited by Snider-man