IGNORED

Jagfest UK - Possible Location Interest Check!, Let me know if you are up f

The_Laird

Jagfest UK - Possible Location Interest Check!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Let me know!

• All sounds perfect to me count me in for the whole weekend!
    • I would come for the Saturday but not stay
    • No, its too expensive
    • I don't like the location
    • Too expensive and wrong location
    • I am unsure at the moment

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I have posted this at Jaguar Sector 2 but thought I would also post it here for those who may not be members there.

I have been looking at possible locations for another Jagfest UK over the past few days and think I have found the perfect place but I need some feedback with regards to what people are willing to pay and also on the location.

Right these are the details:

Location - Luton, Beds

Cost of ticket - £30 per person

Room costs - £50 per night (would be 2 nights)

So if you came for the whole weekend Friday night through to Sunday afternoon the cost would be £130 which I personally think is very reasonable.

If you have already voted at JS2 please don't vote again here!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps you should move/re-post this in the Events section to catch more people and possible change the title to Atari Meeting UK or even Retro meeting UK so that non Jaguar people are not to put off reading it by the title - just a thought.

Also AFAIK some JFUK regulars like CiH, Felice and James do not hang out here.

Edited by Stephen Moss

Good idea thanks!

Well if you know where they are maybe you can get hold of them? I have contacted Nick myself.

I think some people still hang out on the comp.sys.atari.st newsgoup but I don't go there anymore.

Probably the best way to contact them and other regular JFUK attanders like Mark Branson, Tyrant, thund3r, Ryan and Thorsten is to PM them from JagFest.org which should be easier with the board update as it appears you can Bcc PM's now so I'll get on that and let you know the results.

I would say put a poll up there as well but I think myself, Gaztee and MugUK are the only ones who check it regularly so you would have to PM everyone to let them know about it.

Hey i got the PM, yea Luton sounds fine as a venue. As long as the dates are set and everyone's about i'll attend both days!

Nick seems to answer to his email although last time i got hold of him he was quite busy, as for other members i can msn some of them and let them know details and get them to post their point of view.

Wow, not been here in ages... I kinda miss all you guys.

I would like to come, but money is a MASSIVE headache for me right now, so I'm really not sure I can manage it. Keep me informed though (various people have my msn) and I'll decide if I can afford it nearer the time. If I did come, I'd obviously stay both nights, but as things look right now I barely have enough money to eat, so I voted very much an "unsure yet".

Happy Skies.

Wow, not been here in ages... I kinda miss all you guys.

I would like to come, but money is a MASSIVE headache for me right now, so I'm really not sure I can manage it. Keep me informed though (various people have my msn) and I'll decide if I can afford it nearer the time. If I did come, I'd obviously stay both nights, but as things look right now I barely have enough money to eat, so I voted very much an "unsure yet".

Happy Skies.

Sorry to hear man, hope you can sort some money out. Maybe you can sell a kidney or something, Its not like you need them...right?

I have recieve 4 PM replies at JagFest.Org 2...

Link and CiH were fine for the weekend, Deghano was uncertain and Thorsten was fine with the location but attendance might be an issue if it clashes with another event.

Apparently in September there are two events on the 5th and the 12th then in October there is a event at the 10th. Plus EJagFest is usually in October sometime but IIRC it was November last year.

Thanks Stephen that really does help alot!!!

My username on Jagfest.org had somewhow disapeared, I tried to register again but have never got a email reply :(

I think at the moment judging by what alot of people are saying end of September is looking very likely!!!

Hi all!

How are you all?! Long time no speak - are you all still playing Atari? I am in spirit as I got a cool Neon Coffee table from Suck UK and got them to add an Atari logo to it! As for Jagfest, I think Luton is a good location and I would definately come for the Sat at least!

Ryan

post-3626-1240252181_thumb.jpg

Thanks Stephen that really does help alot!!!

Hopefully I will get a couple more replies as people can be a bit slow responding, If I can find his e-mail I will ask Mark but from previous conversations I am sure Luton will not be a problem for him.

My username on Jagfest.org had somewhow disapeared, I tried to register again but have never got a email reply :(

I noticed that on Friday when I PMed people, unfortunately a few things got lost when Link updated the board, if you were trying to re-register using you old username try a different one.

I if you did try a new username PM it to me here or JSII and I will have a look to see if it is in the member list, if it is not there I will ask Link to set it up for you and PM you the details.

Blimey, some possible activity regarding Jagfest UK 2009 at last !

Luton would be an OK venue for myself and CiH to get to though we doubt we'll be staying overnight as both our home cities, Cambridge in my case and Northampton in CiH's case, are not too far away.

As long as the dates don't clash with the Alternative Party in Finland, which are from the 24th to the 26th of October, then that should be cool.

It'll be great to see you all again - and maybe we'll see some of you before then, at the Insert Coin event @ Northampton, the weekend of July 18th and 19th - from what I gather it'll be a recreation of the seaside arcades we knew from our childhood (which now, even though they are still there, have been totally replaced by lame gambling machines :( )If ppl need to know more about Insert Coin there is a thread going on Retro Gamer's (Imagine Publishing) mag forum.

Cheers,

Felice

Great to hear from you Felice!!!

I think we are fairly certain right now that end of September is the likely time to go for it, the venue is free and the price is right so I really can't wait to make the announcement that JFUK 09 is go!!!!

More info to follow soon but I also now have a thread running at the new jagfest.org forum so make sure you drop by there to comment and keep up with events although I will update things here and at JS2.