IGNORED

PDR Coding Compo v4.01 - A2600 allowed

Kojote

PDRC v4.01 is the ninth coding compo organized by the PDRoms community. We accept Atari 2600 entries (and other systems) once again. Brief rules are here: http://pdroms.de/news/16911/

Will be thankful for any feedback. Also if you guys could spread the word would be nice.

Our intensions are supporting the homebrew scene and not to create money with others work. You don't neven need to mention PDRoms or our sponsors anywhere in your production or readme. You keep all rights and can do whatever you want.

I will post the same text in the colecovision part of this board, so i hope no one will mind ;)

-koj

Edited by Kojote

I wonder about the rules. Could I e.g. submit Jammed, even if I released it some years ago already?

the entry must be unreleased. considering jammed has been coded on a2600, if you redo it for any other system it will be considered "new"

hope that helps ;)

ps: i love your atari games btw!

What about the Atari 7800? Theres no category for that :(.

i've seen your release and was about to create an a7800 section the next few hours.

unfortunatly i dont have any clue how well a7800 can be emulated. if you have any info on that and it's emulated well i can add a7800 to the permitted systems.

What about the Atari 7800? Theres no category for that :(.

i've seen your release and was about to create an a7800 section the next few hours.

unfortunatly i dont have any clue how well a7800 can be emulated. if you have any info on that and it's emulated well i can add a7800 to the permitted systems.

Check out the ProSystem Emulator. It is also emulated in MESS. However I can't get the MESS 7800 emulation to work. Mind you I haven't spent any time looking for solutions to the error it throws up.

What does PD stand for? I figured "public domain," but the contest says "create a logic/puzzle game," so I wondered if the "P" stands for "puzzle"?

Do the games need to be original, or can they be pre-existing? For example, one recent archived post shows a slider puzzle game, which is not an original game-- those little tile-sliding puzzles are very common and have been around for many, many years. So would a slider puzzle for the Atari 2600 be okay, since (as far as I know) there is no such game already for the Atari 2600-- or would it have to be a totally original puzzle/logic game?

Michael

What does PD stand for? I figured "public domain," but the contest says "create a logic/puzzle game," so I wondered if the "P" stands for "puzzle"?

Do the games need to be original, or can they be pre-existing? For example, one recent archived post shows a slider puzzle game, which is not an original game-- those little tile-sliding puzzles are very common and have been around for many, many years. So would a slider puzzle for the Atari 2600 be okay, since (as far as I know) there is no such game already for the Atari 2600-- or would it have to be a totally original puzzle/logic game?

Michael

PD indeed stands for "Public Domain" - It actually does not hit the thing perfectly, as Freeware and Public Domain are two different things, but it's shorter and pretty similar - Point is, the software is free :)

Of course the concept can be pre-existing - It's up to you how you implement the logic/puzzle elements. A sliding puzzler would fall under puzzle game. If a game is having an original concept it might have a chance for the 150 us$ cash jury prize, otherwise you can still hope for a regular prize ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to have entered the 7800 birthday game as my 7800 entry. Alas, real life has gotten in the way and I haven't spent enough time on it :(. In my opinion the game is not up to the standard where I would even consider it as an entry.

I'll have a go next year (if the 7800 category still exists and time permits).