IGNORED

Over zealous collectors are ruining intellivision collecting

Rev

Thanks! I'm really excited about getting into intellivision finally.

Congratulations, Cynn! The Inty is one of my faves. Lots of games that aren't available anywhere else. If you like 2600 Adventure, you'll probably like Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (the original, not necessarily Treasure of Tarmin). And I think the ports of Bump 'n' Jump and Burgertime are tops. And let's not forget Utopia, a unique game at the time. Lots of others.

Enjoy!

learn from me...dont try to collect every game.just collect the games you enjoy playing. :)

I'd like to collect only games that are unique to the INTV. Things like AD&D and Utopia. Anyone have suggestions?

Here's a website that is a good place to find info on Inty games. Look especially to Imagic for unique games for the Intellivision. But there are others. And, IMO, there are many that are much better on the Intellivision, such as Tron Deadly Discs.

It's not an ordinary overlay, but a "proof". Can someone elaborate on what this means? I'm assuming it's an art/printing term and that it has something to do with the production process.

There's quite near zero chance that I'd buy this thing, but I'm curious if "proofs" are something collectible. If they are, I would suspect that it would be the vintage originals that are of value. This "orphan overlay" series was something relatively recent, no?

It's not an ordinary overlay, but a "proof". Can someone elaborate on what this means? I'm assuming it's an art/printing term and that it has something to do with the production process.

There's quite near zero chance that I'd buy this thing, but I'm curious if "proofs" are something collectible. If they are, I would suspect that it would be the vintage originals that are of value. This "orphan overlay" series was something relatively recent, no?

A proof typically means it's an item produced to show what the full production run will look like. It's something for the print house to show the customer prior to committing to the production run.

The orphan overlays project was within the last several years. Overlays for all the games that never had them were made, if I recall correctly.

• 10 months later...

i am growing very tired of overpriced intellivision stuff.enough is enough!!! you know who you are.

here is an example of a idiot :

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1802915268111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180291526811&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

250.00 for intellivision controller overlay???? wtf???

i dont care if it a proof or custom or whatever.go f*** yourself for listing this auction

....i feel better after venting now :P

I couldn't help but bump this. It's almost a year later and nobody has bought that Overlay yet. It's still for sale lol. I also hate that these custom overlays cost so much because of how limited they are. I wonder how hard it would be to make your own.

Love the quote:

"Obtaining an original psycho_stormtrooper overlay proof is akin to owning a Rembrandt or Picasso Painting!"

Yeah, I'm sure they are going to put it on display in the Louvre. Yeah, I'm sure it's so god dang original(by the world-famous psycho_stormtrooper) you can charge 250 for it.

I'm sorry, but some of these homebrewers make something, instantly play the "limited run" card and declare it collectible are nucking futs.

I'm going to scribble something on a napkin, instantly declare it 'one-of-a-kind' and thus it is collectible, and see how much I can get it for on eBay. reminds me of that SCTV skit where Picasso didn't have any cash to buy a coffee, so he scribbled something on a napkin, and said to the barista that it was of value since he made it.

i am growing very tired of overpriced intellivision stuff.enough is enough!!! you know who you are.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1802915268111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180291526811&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

i dont care if it a proof or custom or whatever.go f*** yourself for listing this auction

I couldn't help but bump this. It's almost a year later and nobody has bought that Overlay yet. It's still for sale lol. I also hate that these custom overlays cost so much because of how limited they are. I wonder how hard it would be to make your own.

lol,i forgot all about this thread i made.i woke up on the wrong side of the bed when made this rant :D

and also that psycho stormtrooper website is down last time i checked (intellivision.org)

i am thinking about making my own set of overlays too,whaddaya think?

What gets me even more are the people who do pay those insane prices,and lets not kid ourselves SOME DO.It doesn't take a lot of takers to inspire these sellers to charge those insane prices.Then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.SCENERIO...Seller:"Hmmm,i just saw this (insert item)sell for(insert amount) on Ebay,hmmm,i think i'll give er a try"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :evil: :evil:

Edited by Rik

lol,i forgot all about this thread i made.i woke up on the wrong side of the bed when made this rant :D

and also that psycho stormtrooper website is down last time i checked (intellivision.org)

i am thinking about making my own set of overlays too,whaddaya think?

Good idea.

I'm going to scribble something on a napkin, instantly declare it 'one-of-a-kind' and thus it is collectible, and see how much I can get it for on eBay. reminds me of that SCTV skit where Picasso didn't have any cash to buy a coffee, so he scribbled something on a napkin, and said to the barista that it was of value since he made it.

I did that quite a few times on ebay. I got anywhere from $2.00 to $60.00

Totally amazed at the gullibility and idiocy of the so-called 'collectors'. Especially those ebayers.. IMHO, collectors are nothing more than high-class hoarders.

Uh, maybe this guy thinks he has World Series Baseball instead of World Championship Baseball?

Uh, is Mind Strike really worth that much? I know it's rare, but is it that rare?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3503246010071?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350324601007&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

:sleep:

Not even close. Another Idiot. :P

This was a fair price, IMO. HHW

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304431229601?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230443122960&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

There is always a problem with overpricing on Ebay. Some people are naive and just pay it. Others are desperate and pay it. And some people have a ton of money to spend and nothing better to do than pay the overpriced stuff.

Rev, while digging through a box of games, I ran across a copy of Diner. That may be the rarest game I actually have in overstock. No box or instructions. In fact, I still need the box for myself. Also, check out the painted Astrosmash label I posted. I'm confused on this one.

Phil