IGNORED

Modern Equivalent of BBS Door Games

I'll be making an announcement soon, but my brother and I have decided to open up shop and run our own BBS. It's something we've both wanted to do 'back in the day', and with some of the awesome free new software....

In short, this will be a ten-node telnet BBS (running Synchronet 3.14) one a modern dual core PC. It's going to have all of the good stuff, too. Registered versions of LORD, TW2002, Usurper, Ambroshia, plus tons of other less-known greats like Lore, Arrobridge, Operation Overkill, Darkness, New York 2008 etc.

The whole thing will be modded from the ground up with custom ANSI screens and all kinds of cool stuff. News to follow...

I'm so there!

Tempest

I'll be making an announcement soon, but my brother and I have decided to open up shop and run our own BBS. It's something we've both wanted to do 'back in the day', and with some of the awesome free new software....

In short, this will be a ten-node telnet BBS (running Synchronet 3.14) one a modern dual core PC. It's going to have all of the good stuff, too. Registered versions of LORD, TW2002, Usurper, Ambroshia, plus tons of other less-known greats like Lore, Arrobridge, Operation Overkill, Darkness, New York 2008 etc.

The whole thing will be modded from the ground up with custom ANSI screens and all kinds of cool stuff. News to follow...

I cannot wait to hear more about this! I am so down for playing some door games. It has been way too long. Strangely I am incredibly excited just to see the custom ANSI screens. Keep us posted!

Great! My hope is to get enough people from here to form a nice, friendly community.

The aim is to have a BBS that's user friendly, and where a bunch of people who like TW, Lord etc. can get together and have a fun time without all of the hardcore, super-competitive 'jerky' behavior you get on some of the boards I've accessed. The BBS is going to have some exclusive content as well, I believe.

In addition, there will be a ton of message boards, and I'm working on getting some interesting files too. For example, I may have the very last copy in existence of the old AOL Apple II archive. Stuff like that.

As of now, I have sixteen games installed and running perfectly. They include: TW2002, Ambroshia, DoorMUD, Arrowbridge II, Darkness, Planets TEOS, LORD, Operation Overkill, Death Masters, Usurper, Axe & Fang, Lore, Virtual Hunt, Times of War, New York 2008, and Land of the Forgotten.

Barren Realms Elite, Dungeon Master, and Falcon'S Eye should be up and running this week. After that, I need to get the file library set up, tweak the message boards, and we're ready for prime time.

Our goal is to have a fully modded, custom BBS at launch. This is not going to be one of those half-ass jobs with stock menus.

If you are interested in helping out, PM me here. I'll get you set up with access to beta test. Beta Testers will receive higher access and some perks when the BBS goes live.

I think you'll be very impressed. As I said, I'll be making an announcement soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully soon. Work has really kept me busy recently. Probably after the Portland Retrogaming Expo (which I help with), as I will be out of town for a week.

I'll let you know, never fear! I'm currently working on the file library. After that, it's a couple more ansi screens, setting up links to webmail (so you can get the message board posts/PMs sent to your webmail address) and a couple of other things.

End of the Month, hopefully!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...