IGNORED

Sinistar for 8bit...Any info?

Warriorisabouttodie

It's been 5 years since Sinistar was found for the 8bit Atari computers, is there any progress on Sinistar that we don't know about as far as getting a rom released we can play? If not could someone forward the contact info of the original programmer?

Thanks!

It's being worked on by Dutchman2000.

Tempest

It's been 5 years since Sinistar was found for the 8bit Atari computers, is there any progress on Sinistar that we don't know about as far as getting a rom released we can play? If not could someone forward the contact info of the original programmer?

Thanks!

Tempest

Yes, I am working on this but as time goes on it's getting harder to find time to work on it.

The original programmer does NOT want to be contacted at this time.

Thanks!

Tempest

Yes, I am working on this but as time goes on it's getting harder to find time to work on it.

if you are reluctant to allow anyone else to contact the programmer perhaps you could pass the duty of getting the rom ready to another person who would follow the programmers wishes, has experience with this type of thing and has the necessary free time to devote to Sinistar. It's been aprox. 5 yrs now. Maybe it's time to let go.

Edited by Warriorisabouttodie

Thanks!

Tempest

if you are reluctant to allow anyone else to contact the programmer perhaps you could pass the duty of getting the rom ready to another person who would follow the programmers wishes, has experience with this type of thing and has the necessary free time to devote to Sinistar. It's been aprox. 5 yrs now. Maybe it's time to let go.

I'll say this for the last time. The original programmer DOES NOT want the disk version released nor does he want to be contacted by anyone else. These are not my wishes. I am working on this as I have time and it is getting closer to a release.

If the hostile messages continue, this will never be completed.

Thanks!

Tempest

I'll say this for the last time. The original programmer DOES NOT want the disk version released nor does he want to be contacted by anyone else. These are not my wishes. I am working on this as I have time and it is getting closer to a release.

If the hostile messages continue, this will never be completed.

woah dude, I didn't mean to be hostile and I apologize if you took it that way. I was just saying maybe someone else could do the work you don't have time to do, that's all nothing more.

What do you mean "the disk version?" I was under the impression you had several versions and needed to go through them to find the latest one in order to release a rom file.

The original programmer DOES NOT want the disk version released nor does he want to be contacted by anyone else. These are not my wishes. I am working on this as I have time and it is getting closer to a release.

If the original programmer doesn't want it released, then what are you working on? Are you saying he is okay with it being released if you finish it? Sorry, I'm curious too but there's something I'm not understanding.

The original programmer DOES NOT want the disk version released nor does he want to be contacted by anyone else. These are not my wishes. I am working on this as I have time and it is getting closer to a release.

If the original programmer doesn't want it released, then what are you working on? Are you saying he is okay with it being released if you finish it? Sorry, I'm curious too but there's something I'm not understanding.

He does not want the disk image released as it does not work on a real machine. There are also many debuggers present which need to be removed. After that is done he is OK with a ROM release, but not for cartridges to be made and sold.

Thanks!

Tempest

Would he reconsider for a scooby snack?

:)

Thanks!

Tempest

Would he reconsider for a scooby snack?

hahahaha... LOL :lol: :lol:

This is not a knock or flame or insult or anything else negative, just a general pondering that was rattling around inside my head...

If the game designer folk typically knocked these games out in just a matter of months, why does it take many many years to finish a game that's already half done? Especially now when more is known about programming than was known back then. :ponder: :P

Edited by Artlover

This is not a knock or flame or insult or anything else negative, just a general pondering that was rattling around inside my head...

If the game designer folk typically knocked these games out in just a matter of months, why does it take many many years to finish a game that's already half done? Especially now when more is known about programming than was known back then. :ponder: :P

If these games were released to the atari programming community at large then they would no doubt be finished quicker.

Because that isn't what's happening. The game is being *converted* from one format to another (Disk image to Rom format). I can't even imagine how much work that must entail... Extracting the image from the disk, miving subroutines around so they fit memory better, compacting the code so it even *fits* in a cartridge format,etc.

Plus, those doing the work now are doing it as a labour of love, not as a full-time job. So their families and full-time jobs come first - and understandably so. Frankly, there are about 4-5 projects I'm dabbling with right now that may never see the light of day - because my full-time job demands a lot of time, as does my family, plus a part-time job on top of that - all before I sit in front of one of my Atari 800xls.

So many thanks to those who make the time to work on projects like this!

• 1 year later...