IGNORED

Video - Step by step installing SDCC with CV devkit under Windows

Daniel,

This is superb. You are making it so easy to get into using SDCC to develop for the CV. I am about to compile Frantic. I am suspecting I will (at the very least) need to change out the start_sound() routine out with the one that uses the Coleco BIOS sound routines, right? Or, is it possible to still use Marcel's sound library format as well? In other words, use both Coleco BIOS and Marel's old routines?

Thanks,

Scott

Step by step "how to install sdcc with coleco devkit"

If you have any question, try looking first at the "more info" section of the video page.

Daniel,

This is superb. You are making it so easy to get into using SDCC to develop for the CV. I am about to compile Frantic. I am suspecting I will (at the very least) need to change out the start_sound() routine out with the one that uses the Coleco BIOS sound routines, right? Or, is it possible to still use Marcel's sound library format as well? In other words, use both Coleco BIOS and Marel's old routines?

Thanks,

Scott

Step by step "how to install sdcc with coleco devkit"

If you have any question, try looking first at the "more info" section of the video page.

There is a way to use somehow the Marcel's library, and to do this, it's a couple of hours to convert the Marcel's library to be used with sdcc. That means, instead of using my version called lib4k, you will use his version called simply lib (I think), but actually it's not possible. And like you said, you will be able to use Marcel's sound format, and this will also mean you will not be able to use some tools like cv notes because it's based on coleco sound format, not marcel's sound format.