IGNORED

Interest Check on a New Jaguar Fighter.

nonner242

What style of a 2D fighter would you prefer..  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick what interest you, or not.

• Marvel Vs Capcom
    • Mortal Kombat
    • King of Fighters
    • Samurai Showdown (weapon based)
    • Guilty Gear
    • RPG type were you level up per fight.
    • I hate fighters Gimme a Shooter.
    • I hate fighters Gimmie a Contra.
    • I wanna RPG game
    • None of the above.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I would just like to see how many ppl might be interested in a Marvel vs Capcom styled fighting Game for the Jaguar.

I would need to get a team together to help put this all together.

It will be a CD since I plan to have ALOT of 2D animation for the characters and backgrounds. Also I would like it to use the 6 button pro controller so you would not be limited on controls.

What I would like it to have is:

From 10-15 classic pre 90's games characters like Dig Dug,Berzerk,Joust,Pacman,Robotron,Space Invaders,frogger...yes, frogger.

Each character would have a few Super Attacks too, some funny like Dig Dug "pumping up" the other fighter.

The ability to "call in for help", where another mini character could throw/block an attack for you. Like frogger could call in Pinky to slow down the other fighter by scaring them.

8 Different animated backgrounds, maybe some with 3D. Like a highway with cars diving by...aka froggers level. Or on a space station with asteroids coming at it, but a small ship is defending it in the background.

I would like to have some original music in it to, but also some remixed classic styled stuff.

It would have a small humorous story on how they all got into the same game, like a certain person PC got infected with a new type of Virus and Infected his MAME program and corrupted the files and scrambled up the game worlds...Lets just say sorta Tronish.

If this is not something anyone would like to buy let me know. Im interested In many other types of games.

My whole point here is to try and bring out a team of pll for a project. I believe we can get some good creative ppl working on something together here, or motivate someone new with some knowledge that would like to help out.

If this all sound like poppy cock...speak up. I know Im more than willing to give it a try on any part I can.

Here is a rough mock up of what I would like the Jaguar Fighter to look like.

jagfight.jpg

By nonner242 at 2009-04-05

You might have a hard time selling it if you plan on using copyrighted characters in it ;)

If that is the case, I want no part of it! I've had my share of IP issues. ;)

The fact that it's a fighter ain't engouraging me much either.

Im not going that route with IP stuff. Think of it as a parody game....You'll know who they are I'll makesure of that!

But as I said before, It does not have to be afighter...Im open for anything 2D. Just wanna push the Jag to the limits....I will offer any help for just about any project.

Just wanna push the Jag to the limits
Then you need an engine. The mock-ups are a good starting point, but you need to consider many, many design decisions before designing an engine for the game; the engine is where you'll push those limits. Once the limitations of the engine are established, then you can start working on art. Even after all of that is underway, things will change drastically over the course of development... This is a huge undertaking, you can't code, and nobody serious really seems to be offering or asking for your help. I don't want to discourage you, but realistically, you have a very steep climb ahead of you should you continue down that path. I think you're far better off offering your artistic skills to existing projects, especially since I'm willing to bet that all skilled and eager Jaguar developers are already hard at work ;)

Hopefully this thread drums up some interest though; it looks like a really swell concept.

Edited by minuS

Didn't that ST1040 guy have a poll almost exactly like this just a few months ago?

Why do yet another 2D fighter for the Jaguar? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to do something completely different, like a puzzle game or an arcade style shooter?

Didn't that ST1040 guy have a poll almost exactly like this just a few months ago?

Why do yet another 2D fighter for the Jaguar? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to do something completely different, like a puzzle game or an arcade style shooter?

I wrote above! Anything 2D! Just wanna see how much we can push the Jag. :D

I would like to see a good fighter or shooter...I would love to see a really great R-type/Gradius game on the Jag or even better..Raiden II

I really would like to see such a fighter... the idea with the characters is great and maybe you could even use their names if you ask the owners... But I think this is one of the last steps... do that when everything else is finished...

Okay, when it comes to code... I don´t know what you can do... I hope someone skilled is willing to help you, but if you can code at least 68k and make a bit use of the special chips a lot is possible even with only that... when you use cd-rom, you have a lot of space the cartridge games didn´t have and those were also mainly 68k, so I would say that a 68k fighter on cd would look a lot better than one on cartridge.

And remember every released game (homebrew) is a good one... I appreciate people´s freetime work no matter which "quality" it has. At least it was released... that´s better than the 1000th beats all you have ever seen 3D engine demo, because that´s only a demo. I am not talking about jaguar scene and work in progress, but I have had that with the atari st scene... I did release a text based adventure game with very "poor quality" but hey it was a released... and I was bashed by people for not doing it better... what´s going on? At least, I DID release it... it was a lot of work for me and some people told me they could do it much better and that my game simply is crap and I told them to show me... I was not angry or unpolite to them, I just told them that I really loved to see a better game than mine... and guess what... I am still waiting today!

So I strongly encourage you to keep up your project and release it... If you cannot code, then make every single graphic and sound so that it just lacks an engine and try to find someone who is putting it together... but hold on to it! It´s worth the try!

Beside that, I would prefer a decent 3D racing game (need 4 speed) on the Jaguar, but I definately would buy a fighter like your´s.

And if I can help you with drawing some graphics, I offer you my help... but as for coding I cannot... I am just a poor basic programmer :|

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...