IGNORED

A very Negative situation

the.golden.ax

I purchased a used After Burner III CIB on eBay for $5.50. The seller stated that the item was in used condition and that both box and disc had some wear. The item was photographed in such a way as to hide a crushed portion of the box. Upon delivery, I told the seller that I felt this was deception and requested either a refund less the shipping if they didn't want it back, or a refund with the shipping if they did. They wrote three emails to my one, being somewhat angry in their replies. The final email just said "Karma" an hour later. Now, I have a zero feedbacker buy two Atari games, and leave me a double negative (my first on 100% perfect 2300+ account of nearly 5 years) within 30 minutes of the purchase. The buyer is in the same state. The phone number does not get answered but matches the account owners name. I'm guessing that it is a friend of theirs. eBay says the feedback sticks, unless I can proove a link. WOW.

AX

How can ebay not remove feedback a half hour after an ended auction? Can't they see there's no reason for that?

My condolences on your ebay problems. I'm still worried I might get my first negative from someone that may have been a scammer two weeks ago.

That is total bs! Shouldn't you have done something to deserve those negs first? So basically, all you can do is put a clause in about not selling to zero feedback buyers (if that's still allowed), block anyone related to the afore mentioned jerks, and see if either is selling stuff and buy, nitpick, and neg them in retaliation?

I would think that the nasty emails plus the karma one would would be a start and I would bitch all the way up the food chain if you have to.

I also would stick to CTCW for you - less headaches and Mike will mediate solutions to disputes plus less fees.

Sadly, the problem with Chuck has been the sales. If it doesn't sell in marketplace here, it doesn't sell on Chuck either. I want to Chuck to work more than ANYTHING. I post stuff and get very little in sales, it worked better at first that it did in my most recent wave (1 item sale out of 37 in a thirty day period).

AX

Ouch, I'm sorry. Thankfully there are no relisting fees. With everyone that complains about Ebay you'd think they would be more supportive especially since it was started by a gamer/collector and that's the only way any site can grow. I'm glad you still are listing there though and are still hanging in there. I also know that a lot of people are in lousy finaincial situations but hopefully as tax returns are in business will pick up.

It would help to know why people are so against bidding and supproting sellers on there. Many people have free seller accounts or even purchased memberships but still don't sell. I know he isn't making any money off the site and I'd hate to see sellers fold and Mike have to raise fees to be able to do marketing/advertising stuff as well as keep things up and running. :(

Sadly, the problem with Chuck has been the sales. If it doesn't sell in marketplace here, it doesn't sell on Chuck either. I want to Chuck to work more than ANYTHING. I post stuff and get very little in sales, it worked better at first that it did in my most recent wave (1 item sale out of 37 in a thirty day period).

AX

I'd be on the phone at least once a day with eBay, they sure as hell can see the IP addresses from people leaving feedback and could easily tie the accounts together if they wanted to. I know they do this to try and catch shill bidders.

Even outside of that, someone leaving you negative feedback within 30 minutes of their purchase (no less two such feedbacks) of physical items that have to be shipped is absolutely ludicrous and should be grounds for feedback removal. That's total bullshit, and is something that would cause me to write a snail mail letter to the CEO of eBay, shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight, if several attempts on the phone to get the feedback removed failed. How eBay can state that such obviously retaliatory feedback is valid when the transactions aren't even 30 minutes old is just stupefyingly idiotic. What's the link to your feedback?

Do not take NO for an answer, you will get that feedback removed.

..Al

I'd be on the phone at least once a day with eBay, they sure as hell can see the IP addresses from people leaving feedback and could easily tie the accounts together if they wanted to. I know they do this to try and catch shill bidders.

Even outside of that, someone leaving you negative feedback within 30 minutes of their purchase (no less two such feedbacks) of physical items that have to be shipped is absolutely ludicrous and should be grounds for feedback removal. That's total bullshit, and is something that would cause me to write a snail mail letter to the CEO of eBay, shipped via FedEx Priority Overnight, if several attempts on the phone to get the feedback removed failed. How eBay can state that such obviously retaliatory feedback is valid when the transactions aren't even 30 minutes old is just stupefyingly idiotic. What's the link to your feedback?

Do not take NO for an answer, you will get that feedback removed.

..Al

Link to My Feedback

I've had one call and one e-mail so far. Since I posted I did find a reference to the feedback person, that lists them on ripoffreport.com having stolen $5525.00 from someone listing the same exact street address as my shipper, but with Apt 3, instead of Apt 1. So I guess they are friends. The account was registered in January of this year, with no bidding or selling history at all that I could see. The addresses on file for the two accounts do not match, nor do they match the return address from the sender (they both have fake/alternate addresses on file with eBay, but used their real names... weird).

AX

Holy hell, how did you find my address so quick!? In all seriousness, I hope you can get this straightened out seeing as ebay has completely and utterly neutered sellers in the past year. That's one of the reasons you saw me selling my dupes and what have you at MGC for chump change, to avoid ebay at all costs :).

I've had one call and one e-mail so far. Since I posted I did find a reference to the feedback person, that lists them on ripoffreport.com having stolen $5525.00 from someone listing the same exact street address as my shipper, but with Apt 3, instead of Apt 1. So I guess they are friends. The account was registered in January of this year, with no bidding or selling history at all that I could see. The addresses on file for the two accounts do not match, nor do they match the return address from the sender (they both have fake/alternate addresses on file with eBay, but used their real names... weird).

That's good, definitely present that to eBay. That's way beyond being a coincidence..

..Al

ebay has completely and utterly neutered sellers in the past year.

Not sure how that has anything to do with Ax's situation. Ebay fixed the feedback system because there were WAY too many sellers using it to play games and not give decent service. Even if the "neutering" hadn't happened, Ax would still have gotten shafted. All he could have done was lower himself to this guy's level and leave a retaliatory neg. Not much settled by that is there?

There's a certain degree of satisfaction to be had by hitting a deadbeat bidder with a negative, so take that as you will. Maybe I presented my case the wrong way, I dunno. Regardless, the seller is completely at the mercy of the buyer now in my opinion. Also, Ebay recently did away with their live chat recently so now it is difficult/impossible to talk to a customer service representative over the web and calling their hotline is an exercise in futility. Kinda makes you wonder what they're doing with the proceeds from their miscellaneous fee hikes...

ebay has completely and utterly neutered sellers in the past year.

Not sure how that has anything to do with Ax's situation. Ebay fixed the feedback system because there were WAY too many sellers using it to play games and not give decent service. Even if the "neutering" hadn't happened, Ax would still have gotten shafted. All he could have done was lower himself to this guy's level and leave a retaliatory neg. Not much settled by that is there?

Actually ebay has screwed sellers and that is the problem with the whole ebay system and one of the primary reasons ebay sales are way down. 31% in Jan. probably more now.Sellers leaving in droves. Feedback going both ways is not retaliatory and weeds out bad buyers with was most of the problem in the 1st place. Sorry Ax has been the victim here. The old system would likely have given the buyer pause before pulling BS like that.

There's a certain degree of satisfaction to be had by hitting a deadbeat bidder with a negative, so take that as you will. Maybe I presented my case the wrong way, I dunno. Regardless, the seller is completely at the mercy of the buyer now in my opinion. Also, Ebay recently did away with their live chat recently so now it is difficult/impossible to talk to a customer service representative over the web and calling their hotline is an exercise in futility. Kinda makes you wonder what they're doing with the proceeds from their miscellaneous fee hikes...

True, but too many sellers were using the feedback system to get away with poor service, ridiculously inflated shipping, theft, etc...I wouldn't say the new system is 100% perfect, but it's a lot better in the long run IMO. Without buyers there'd be no Ebay, and they (buyers) were leaving because of unscrupulous sellers. Ebay had to do something to stop the bleeding.

And really....REALLY, a once in a while non paying bidder isn't the end of the world like some sellers would have you think. Relist the item and when it sells again with a legitimate buyer you get the 2nd set of listing fees back. Why play the "nyah-nyah" game?

Anyways, it's best to have more than one account. One for buying, one for selling.

I still have not left the guy a negative... what if he has more friends? If this is the reaction I get for asking to return an item and making a not as described claim with paypal, I shutter to think what he would do if I negged him. By the way it was packed in a BOX with peanuts, the damage is NOT from shipping. Check it out:

His photo

c9f3_1.JPG

how it was where you couldn't see:

DSC01199.JPG

What would you do? Would you ask to return it? In retrospect it would have been worth just moving on. They covered the flaw on purpose in my opinion.

AX

Ebay has the system 100% wrong. :x Terrible dishonest buyers were always most of the problem. Actually ebay did the opposite of what they should have. They should have been limiting buyers and regulating them to weed out the dishonest ones. The old system was ok but needed more teeth against bad buyers. What they have now has caused many sellers to leave. No sellers = no buyers and reduced sales. That is what is occurring now. They need to bring back the old system just as a start to correct things, do away with the BS Star system, and stop trying to be like Amazon.

I still have not left the guy a negative... what if he has more friends? If this is the reaction I get for asking to return an item and making a not as described claim with paypal, I shutter to think what he would do if I negged him. By the way it was packed in a BOX with peanuts, the damage is NOT from shipping. Check it out:

His photo

c9f3_1.JPG

how it was where you couldn't see:

DSC01199.JPG

What would you do? Would you ask to return it? In retrospect it would have been worth just moving on. They covered the flaw on purpose in my opinion.

AX

I dunno, seems like something new people are doing. You are right,but is it worth the risk? Being right, sadly with ebay is not what it's all about.

Well my friend, you are totally right. You know I respect you as a seller, buyer, and a friend, but was all this worth it for $10. I used to respect ebay and it's rules. I have been lucky and know that negs are coming for me. I used to worry about it as a seller. My positive feedback was spotless and still is except for one moron,but now I don't care. I won't lose sleep over it any more. This is what Ebay has created. More sellers that feel the same way, I do. Good sellers, sellers that used to care. I will still give 100 percent in my selling, and buying, but just don't care anymore. HHW

This morning he offered to just refund me calling himself a "worm", and identifing himself as a "law enforcement official here in NYC". I guess this prooves that there are corrupt law enforcement officials? *I didn't know that could happen* (dumb look) J/K. He really said it though. WOW. I had agreed with myself and friends not to write him any more. Now I'm very tempted to reply and ask him to get his friend to man up to the negs he left me so they will get removed.

AX