IGNORED

A very Negative situation

the.golden.ax

My only negative ever came from a New York City person too.

My only negative, that was removed 2 years ago after eBay investigated the dispute, was from a seller in Atlanta, Georgia. I don't see how location means anything and there really is no place for that kind of stuff in this great forum.

Edited by JL

My only negative, that was removed 2 years ago after eBay investigated the dispute, was from a seller in Atlanta, Georgia. I don't see how location means anything and there really is no place for that kind of stuff in this great forum.

What exactly did I say wrong? I was just saying where the person was from. Some of the stuff Golden Ax talked about sounded familiar, especially when he mentioned the cop thing. As far as being ripped off, I know a couple of people who from this forum was screwed from someone near Atlanta. Location doesn't matter, they can be from anywhere.

Edit: BTW, I still occasionly see that person from Atlanta listing stuff on Craigslist, so he is still around. I know a few people really really want to talk to him.

Edited by Headfamily

Interesting thread.

Ax, your complaint is legit as you can see plain as day in how they arranged the items in their photo to conceal the damage to the box.

What eBay should do is have your feedback rating computed against the rating of the person that is leaving the negative feedback. For example, I bought something from some clown that I never received. He left a neg "I shipped the item blah blah blah" and his current feedback rating is 94%!

I could not find eBay's percentage calculation (I did for the stars), but I assume that if you have 10 feedbacks with one negative, your feedback rating is 90%. Now, what if the feedback rating of the person that left you a negative is currently 90%? Shouldn't there be an algorithm that computes your feedback percentage based on the percentage of the person that is leaving the negative comment? If a person with a 90% feedback rating leaves a negative, that is less credible than someone with a 100% leaving a negative comment.

Over time, as this person's percentage continues to slide, all the ones that received negative comments from this person have their percentages go up.

Interesting thread.

Ax, your complaint is legit as you can see plain as day in how they arranged the items in their photo to conceal the damage to the box.

What eBay should do is have your feedback rating computed against the rating of the person that is leaving the negative feedback. For example, I bought something from some clown that I never received. He left a neg "I shipped the item blah blah blah" and his current feedback rating is 94%!

I could not find eBay's percentage calculation (I did for the stars), but I assume that if you have 10 feedbacks with one negative, your feedback rating is 90%. Now, what if the feedback rating of the person that left you a negative is currently 90%? Shouldn't there be an algorithm that computes your feedback percentage based on the percentage of the person that is leaving the negative comment? If a person with a 90% feedback rating leaves a negative, that is less credible than someone with a 100% leaving a negative comment.

Over time, as this person's percentage continues to slide, all the ones that received negative comments from this person have their percentages go up.

I found it on their page:

"The percentage of positive ratings left by members in the last 12 months. This is calculated by dividing the number of positive ratings by the total number of ratings (positive + neutral + negative)."

Now, that's not right! So, any jerk can leave negative feedback no matter what his percentage is.

I had to re-read the original post several times to understand the whole "who was the buyer and who was the seller" thing to understand exactly how this transpired. What threw me for a loop was the negative feedback you received as a seller. But as Edith Bunker would say "ohhhhhh!"

eBay would have to be ID10Ts not to delete the feedback. But, they're ID10Ts no matter what happens.

Ha!

My only negative (it was on Amazon not Ebay) was from some C**KSUCKER in a Bronx apartment complex. The brand new game arrived promptly and perfectly packaged. But the mailman f**ked up and put it in the wrong apartment's mailbox. The incorrect recipient took it out of their box and placed it on top of the mailboxes (as I've commonly seen done). The actual recipient came home and found it, and luckily still got it, perfect cond. However they shit on me because it "could have been stolen" and that's my fault.

I quit selling.

I haven't sold in years. I was "stalked" by this buyer who somehow thought my account was a fake account of another person in the same city as me who apparently sold him some Saturn games with peanut butter on them. :roll:

Turns out the reason he thought we were the same person is because I bought some atari games from the peanut butter disc seller so since I bought from him I must also BE him. :???:

He demanded that I give him his $10 back and made all kinds of verbal and physical threats and I found out later that he was creating fake accounts and bidding on all my auctions so I pulled them all. That was years ago but I haven't sold on ebay since. Not worth the grief.

I think I remember that another user on here had the same run in with this idiot.

This is the flaw in using your selling account to buy.

Werd, nerd.

I'm keeping my selling nuts separate from my buying nuts.

You know, for kicking!

(And BTW AXEY, I agree with two letter name moderator, keep trying until they are removed. eB@Y R FUX0R'D WEB 1.0)

Edited by ianoid

• 2 weeks later...

This case just worse. So I go the paypal claim route on the item, and send the item back. Today I get the credit 5.50 for the item, $4 for the shipping (after sending the item back). The dude files a fraud case against me on ic3.gov saying that I didn't return the manual, and that the game is broken!?

So now this other guy calls me up saying he is a detective, telling me I've commited a crime and I'll have police at my house and a court date with a judge. He claims to be with the IC3. Has anyone even ever heard of this?

My best friend says I should give the dude his $9.50 to make him go away. That would be wrong in my book, but he is WASTING MY TIME.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax

SeaGtGruff, I've seen the site and looked around google. However the information is very little about this IC3. I meant that prior to today had anyone heard of them. How can anyone make a claim for whatever value and have a court case result. I could say that Salty the crab stole my penny and they would make harassing phone calls? We are talking about a $5.50 item that WAS returned.

AX

This case just worse. So I go the paypal claim route on the item, and send the item back. Today I get the credit 5.50 for the item, $4 for the shipping (after sending the item back). The dude files a fraud case against me on ic3.gov saying that I didn't return the manual, and that the game is broken!?

So now this other guy calls me up saying he is a detective, telling me I've commited a crime and I'll have police at my house and a court date with a judge. He claims to be with the IC3. Has anyone even ever heard of this?

My best friend says I should give the dude his $9.50 to make him go away. That would be wrong in my book, but he is WASTING MY TIME.

AX

All he's done is a telltale that he's really not a cop. Keep all the communications and you might have around $10 worth of fun sticking him with LEO impersonation charges. If he IS a LEO and sends cops to your house, imagine the fun that could be had when it's revealed that it's all over $10.

Did he give you any contact information that could prove he actually works for the government? Ask him to send you an e-mail.

A .gov address generally can't be fake. There's no way to just get one of those, so I would guess that's a legit organization, even though I've never heard of it myself.

I don't think they'd bother with a $10 complaint. And it sounds like you have enough info to prove yourself right anyway.

However, impersonating a government agent is a MUCH bigger crime. If that person is making fake calls, he's in felony land. Call the FBI!

Edited by thanatos

He wins I guess. I gave the $9.50 back, and he has the product. Just basically because my time is worth more than $9.50 for dozens of hours of crap. I saved the voice mail from this detective that keeps calling. The guy has a very New York accent and left a 6 digit phone number, calls come in as Private. I'm clear, and clean, and anything further is just getting ignored. I either need a new buyer or seller account on eBay, they advised it as well, and I guess like Ian said, you got to keep your buying and selling nuts seperated.

AX

He wins I guess. I gave the $9.50 back, and he has the product. Just basically because my time is worth more than $9.50 for dozens of hours of crap. I saved the voice mail from this detective that keeps calling. The guy has a very New York accent and left a 6 digit phone number, calls come in as Private. I'm clear, and clean, and anything further is just getting ignored. I either need a new buyer or seller account on eBay, they advised it as well, and I guess like Ian said, you got to keep your buying and selling nuts seperated.

AX

The guy is obviously fake. No way would a detective waste time on what the police consider to be a "civil" matter. But I can see that its just not worth your while dealing with this type of crap.