IGNORED

Intellivision 3

kyle

I had no idea the Intellivision was sold up until like 1990! I just went and read the history of the system. Were any of the games from 1986 and newer any good? Also how hard is it to find an Intellivision 3 or Super Pro System? How were the controllers? What else show I know?

I had no idea the Intellivision was sold up until like 1990! I just went and read the history of the system. Were any of the games from 1986 and newer any good? Also how hard is it to find an Intellivision 3 or Super Pro System? How were the controllers? What else show I know?

The Intellivision III and Super Pro System were more or less identical not only to each other, but to the original Intellivision console (the only real difference is cosmetic, AFAIK). By extention, the controllers were basically identical to those found on the original Intellivision...so if you like those, you'll have no problems. :P But also, the benefits exclusive to the Intellivision II (ability to use Computer Adapter and System Changer; disability to play Donkey Kong) aren't available on the III / Super Pro.

Most (but certainly not all) of the games from the INTV era were pretty good, I think. MLB Baseball and NFL Football were "rereleased" with one-player game modes, a name change, and some other bells and whistles. Many of the best of the late-release games were the "Super Pro" series of sports games (I'm pretty sure the Intellivision III was changed to Super Pro System to tie into this), such as Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling, which is an amazing game, BTW.

Neither the Intellivision III or Super Pro System are particularly difficult to find. They might cost a little more than a regular Intellivision, but not nuch. If they're complete in box, though, they can go for a decent bit of change.

But all you REALLY need to know about the Intellivision III and Super Pro System, is that they're awesome. :D

Diner (Intellivision exclusive sequel to Bugertime) was pretty good and is pretty rare as a result of it coming out towards the end of the system's life. I would imagine that only a few thousand copies of it were made. The cart's label is essentially something you'd print at home; it's just "Diner" in a boring black font printed on a white label. Anyway, this game will run you about $30-35, but is probably worth it. The only complaint I have about the game is that unlike Burgertime, the AI is buggy and it can get trapped in corners and on walls which can be quite annoying when you're trying to herd them together so you can simultaneously squish all of them.

-Adam