IGNORED

Hate your internet fees? Check this out.

http://kotaku.com/5206908/time-warner-revi...-bandwith-usage

Time Warner Revises Plans to Charge for Interenet Bandwith Usage

And so it begins.....

:|

• We will introduce a 100 GB Road Runner Turbo package for $75 per month (offering speeds of 10 MB/1 MB). Overage charges will be $1 per GB per month.
Comcast costs less and it's cap is more than double of that.

• Overage charges will be capped at $75 per month. That means that for $150 per month customers could have virtually unlimited usage at Turbo speeds.

I can get Comcast business class service for less than that and it WOULD BE unlimited, not this "virtually" BS.

In today's world, it is almost impossible to live without the internet. I, too, think it should be free, and that "free internet" should be able to be hooked to a computer in the person's home. Internet is practically free in large cities anyway. Take any portable device with a WiFi connection within 100 feet of a library and you're in business.

It is also almost impossible to live without a phone, so should that be free also? Also, why is it almost impossible to live without the internet?

There also needs to be ad blocking software readily available to everyone who does use the net. No ads, peroid, even if there's no cost. One should be able to opt completely out of advertising. If they dropped Web advetising, everyone who surfs would see a 100% increase in surfing speed. I got AdBlock Plus, and the time it takes to load most pages was literally cut in half.

Yes, you think that the internet should be free for you, but you also shouldn't have to deal with advertising which might help to offset the cost of your "free" internet.

JY

While Hypereye was busy pointing out Artlover's mis-use of 'than' versus 'then', a personal peeve of mine as well, I hope it was good natured as Hypereye doesn't seem to know the difference between your and you're or he would have picked on this part of Artlover's post: "I'm surprised your happy with them being in Alabama," Your is posessive, as in, your keys, your car, not you're car, you're being a contraction of 'you are'. Now if we could get down to a real grammar/speech problem, people saying "like" every third word in their real world conversations. That really drives me nuts. Where did that come from? It isn't just teenagers anymore, it is like an airborne disease as I hear adults putting 'like' endlessly in their conversation. So annoying.

Kinda sucks when Hulu gets 3 new movies and you want to watch all of them and all of a sudden the first one seems fine but second one being viewed just hiccups all the way through. One guy said adjust Virtual Memory but what good is that gonna do when your speed of 3mb is throttled?