IGNORED

rotating fuji boot up screen

calfranklin

Which 8-bit computer included the rotating fuji boot up screen?

Rotating, like spinning around in a circle? None... though there was at least one demo of such a thing.

I remember XANTH Park did a demo for Atari, that had a rotating Fuji, along with it bouncing around (to mimic the Amiga Boing! Ball demo, which they also made a demo about on the Atari 8-bit computers).

--Selgus

Rotating, like spinning around in a circle? None... though there was at least one demo of such a thing.

I remember XANTH Park did a demo for Atari, that had a rotating Fuji, along with it bouncing around (to mimic the Amiga Boing! Ball demo, which they also made a demo about on the Atari 8-bit computers).

I think there must have been several demos of that kinda thing. I remember an old 800 demo like that, but it wasn't like the Xanth park demo. It was just a black screen with a large 5200'ish rainbow fuji logo that rotated on it's center vertical axis. No idea what it was called tho.

I think there must have been several demos of that kinda thing. I remember an old 800 demo like that, but it wasn't like the Xanth park demo. It was just a black screen with a large 5200'ish rainbow fuji logo that rotated on it's center vertical axis. No idea what it was called tho.

Does anyone have an image file they can attach that shows the 1200XL or 5200 Fuji screen?

The 1200XL has a color-cycling fuji logo, if you boot it with no cartridge or disk.

Actually, the 1200 screen is a color-cycling word "ATARI" not the fuji.

There's supposedly 2 versions of the 1200 screen - one has ® in smaller letters at the end.

It would probably be possible to create a ROM with rotating logo... probably at the cost of the Self-Test function or the second character set.

Kinda useless except for demo purposes, but then again I've always thought the Self-Test ROM space and second character set were a waste of 3K of space that could have gone to much better use anyway.

There's supposedly 2 versions of the 1200 screen - one has ® in smaller letters at the end.

Yup, it's one of the differences between the Rev.10 and Rev.11 OS's. You can go to Freddy Offenga's website, download both ROMs and check it out yourself.

Whoever can make me an animated pc screensaver of the1200xl ATARI boot screen (with the color cycling effect) would have my eternal admiration, respect and gratitude.

There are plenty of tools out there that will convert flash, animated gifs and avi files to screen savers. I have not found a good free one though...

Here is an example of one I made from an unregistered program:

atariswan.zip

Whoever can make me an animated pc screensaver of the1200xl ATARI boot screen (with the color cycling effect) would have my eternal admiration, respect and gratitude.

There are plenty of tools out there that will convert flash, animated gifs and avi files to screen savers. I have not found a good free one though...

atariswan.zip

Hey, thanks. That looks great.

--Selgus

Where can I get the demo disk or cartridge for the 8-bit computer?

--Selgus

Where can I get the demo disk or cartridge for the 8-bit computer?

The Fujiboink demo is on this disk image. FYI, when I ran this in atari800win, I had to turn off the arrow key joystick emulation before the arrow keys would work with the disk menu so I could arrow down to the fujiboink demo.

Bob

demos012.zip

atariswan.zip

Can you please make one screensaver without turning logo and without "Power without the price"?

I saw this thread and thought I'd add a nice tidbit for everyone, here is the source code to the Atari 1200XL boot screen

Curt

1200xl.zip

atariswan.zip

Can you please make one screensaver without turning logo and without "Power without the price"?

• 2 months later...