IGNORED

Jungle Hunt (bug fixes)

Omegamatrix

Took a short stab at Jungle Hunt tonight. I always hated how the color from the Hunter bled onto the vine:

post-7074-1239344687_thumb.png

This corrects the color bleeding on the vines, and a couple of other things. Some of the Hunters' graphics have slightly been chnaged so they don't show up with color mismatches (i.e. like white tips on the toes of the hunter when he kicks his legs up). One of the reasons Jungle Hunt is not 100% compatible with a modded FB2 might be bus contention as suggested by Batari. To correct this reads are now being done while bankswtiching instead of writes.

NTSC and PAL versions:

JungleHunt_BugFixes_.zip

Note I didn't try to fix the PAL colors. To me they look horrible, but I can't say for sure as I'm color blind. I mapped out some of the colors at the top of the PAL disassembly if someone wants to try and match them up better.

These haven't been tested on real hardware yet. Please report any bugs.

Edited by Omegamatrix

; NOTES:

; - In this bug fixed version of Jungle Hunt the colors for the Hunter no longer bleeds onto the

; vines. The color glitch was happening because the vines are drawn by the missiles, and the missiles

; share the same color as the players. Simply replacing Missile 0 with the Ball fixed most of the problem,

; and just a few new spots needed to be added to updated the color for the ball.

Ok, I kinda see the problem now.

I have the same problem with Pirate Pete (5200) parrot heads when they climb to the top of the vine. Could you explain how you fixed this or was it just brute force?

Sorry, don't know anything about the 5200, and really don't have the inclination to.

Color blind? Surely you jest.

Nope, it's true. Color Blind in kind of a bad term. Color blind people see colors, but they won't be the same colors as a normal person. What I'm saying is I don't see in black and white.

I tried it out in emulation, and it sure looks great! Thank you for taking the time to do that. The color problems have always bugged me.

Good to know other people enjoy it too. Yeah, the color bleeding always bugged me as well. Turned out it wasn't that hard to fix.

Jess Ragan also did an awesome hack of Jungle Hunt called Jungle King a few years back. If you are reading this Jess I could take a look and see if the changes I made can be applied to your hack. I'm pretty sure they could, and I think it should be fairly easy to do.