IGNORED

Purple dragon and wizard in Adventure

accousticguitar

In the 2600 Connection issue #3 it states "There have been rumors of a purple dragon and a wizard. Has anyone ever seen them?" I guess this is one rumor we can consider to be just a rumor.

Sounds like some kind of joke rumor that somebody started to try to get people to play the game more. :)

Personally, I used to hope that something magical would happen while playing the game, and the "exit to nowhere" in the White Castle would take me to another land filled with more screens, more items, and more enemies.

Michael

In the 2600 Connection issue #3 it states "There have been rumors of a purple dragon and a wizard. Has anyone ever seen them?" I guess this is one rumor we can consider to be just a rumor.

In the history of video gaming, are there any secerets that have EVER taken 10+ years to discover? I always suspected that you could play as the bosses in the SNES SFII, but they changed their mind and kept the code silent in order to cash in on The Championship Edition.

If you mix the purple with the red Dimetapp, you can see some freaky stuff. The thing is that the wizard actually works for the purple dragon, who needs the chalice to control all the other dragons.

Actually, they all work for me. I control them using my telepathic/telekinetic powers (although I suppose a steady supply of Tylenol w/ codeine doesn't hurt).

And Yorgle is planning a followup to his great hack Missadventure with a game about the wizard. It is going to be called Rhindle's Revenge. I think it is going to be a homebrew. It's going to be a 3 part game on 3 carts.

Rhindle's Revenge? Sounds GREAT!

Gotta link to the talk of that?

I really wanna see MissAdventure Revised on a cart and EMR on a cart as well as the three games you spoke of.

"The Adventure Collection"

Wp

He mentioned it in passing in the Missadventure Revised thread. It seems like I remember him mentioning it somewhere else, but it doesn't show up on the search function. In fact, nothing shows up on the search function which is strange because I know it is in the Missadventure Revised thread. I don't think he has done a great deal of work on it though, so it may be a while before it is done.

I have done a little more with it-- most of the rooms and the room matrix are done, as are the sprites. Don't expect anything soon, though. I'll let out some tidbits about the game: Rhindle finds a way out of the kingdom taking Princess Penelope with him and Dot must follow to a new realm. The Evil Magician hides the Princess's Green Palace and the only way to find it is to destroy the Evil Magician. Of course, he can only be killed by means of a magic silver daggar hidden somewhere in this new realm.

Edited by yorgle

Yorgle, is Rhindle's Revenge a hack or a homebrew?

I really wanna see MissAdventure Revised on a cart and EMR on a cart as well as the three games you spoke of.

Wp

Sure beats anything Atari came out with to follow Adventure. :)

Isn't there an Adventure hack that includes the wizard? If not, that'd be cool...

There is a new homebrew which is about the evil wizard.

I don't have a link to it but it is cool and rather hard to play.

Wp

Come on, it's not that hard to play! Level one is pretty simple and setting left difficulty switch to B gives you 10 lives... I don't think anyone has figured out the Easter Egg yet however.

Yorgle, is Rhindle's Revenge a hack or a homebrew?

Wp

Sure beats anything Atari came out with to follow Adventure. :)

Still a hack at this point...

Come on, it's not that hard to play! Level one is pretty simple and setting left difficulty switch to B gives you 10 lives... I don't think anyone has figured out the Easter Egg yet however.

I have to go with sandmountainslim on this one. It's a good thing there is a 10 life option because I need all of them. A 20 life option would be nice. :ponder:

Still a hack at this point...

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure.

Isn't there an Adventure hack that includes the wizard? If not, that'd be cool...

Wp

Oh, I am not trying to discourage people from playing it, I LIKE it and wanna see it released on cart :)

It is a bit on the hard side though, those wizards are quick as a lie!

Wp

Wp

Oh, I am not trying to discourage people from playing it, I LIKE it and wanna see it released on cart :)

It is a bit on the hard side though, those wizards are quick as a lie!

Wp

That's good - I thought the game might be too easy... The wizards actually move at half of the player's speed onscreen. You can lose him on the long hallways by ducking off to the side before he appears.