IGNORED

VBXE 2

candle

calm down everyone ;)

I don't want to have history repeating itself, as someone will post here "i want one" and not in proper preorder thread ;)

i have loads of work in my day job now, so i'm bit off the forums, but still try to read it at least once a day

calm down everyone ;)

I don't want to have history repeating itself, as someone will post here "i want one" and not in proper preorder thread ;)

i have loads of work in my day job now, so i'm bit off the forums, but still try to read it at least once a day

Understood. When you have the time, I would highly recommend creating a preorder thread, if for no other reason than to gauge serious interest in another run of the VBXE2.

Nevermind. I found the guide, and more info on it. At this time, I wouldn't be interested in an RGB output device.

You call it a RGB output device? It is a high performance graphics board allowing many pixels, colors, BLOBS (BLitter OBjectS) and blitter effects. RGB output is only a side effect :D

Robert

I don't know why I was thinking it would be something that would hook up to a TV (HD component video or something like that). If a version comes out that allows for something like that, though, I'd be interested.

All manner of commercial convertors are available. Not necessarily the case they'll work with VBXE though. VBXE generates similar RGB video to what the Amiga and ST do, ie ~ 16 KHz Horizontal frequency, 312 or 262 scanlines at 50 or 60 Hz.

Modern day RGB is usually 30 KHz+ Horizontal freq, and at least 480 scanlines at 60 Hz or higher.

seems like people living behind the ocean suffer from not having decent TV

in europe all tv sets have all kind of input connectors included whereas on the other continents those are blocked in software just to make Your life more miserable

can't find a reason why

but as Gary said - i've stated i'll do RGB to YUV converter, that should help

and besides - even cheap RGB2VGA convertes (those for $34 or so) do work with NTSC Atari machines

i wish they would with PAL ones :(

but the circuit inside is the same, You're just have it disabled

thats a best joke of all times

ie all satellite decoders for digital platforms have rgb output and i can't belive someone would actually watch it on cvbs or s-vhs output

this just makes no sence ;)

besides, all tv no matter whether they are plasma, lcd, led or crt based work internally on rgb signals

but this is completly off topic

Gary, do You think You're up to the task of ie adding RGB input to Your monitor/tv set?

its really not complicated

HDMI 1.3 has digital sound. So we'll need at least a stereo upgrade too.

You are right. The easiest would then to add some A/D converters on the boards to convert analog pokey audio to digital. But a quad pokey/covox replacement with digital out would be cool too :D

Robert