IGNORED

Unreleased Colecovision games

RangerG

I got the Atarimax flashcart for the 5200 and I have enjoyed the large library of protos, conversions, and hacks outside the released game library. I have been thinking about getting one for the Colecovision, but the library seems so much smaller. What roms are available that are playable, fun games? I can think of the two super versions of DK and DK Jr. which would be fun and I know there are a few protos by Atari (I forget which ones). Anything else recommended?

I got the Atarimax flashcart for the 5200 and I have enjoyed the large library of protos, conversions, and hacks outside the released game library. I have been thinking about getting one for the Colecovision, but the library seems so much smaller. What roms are available that are playable, fun games? I can think of the two super versions of DK and DK Jr. which would be fun and I know there are a few protos by Atari (I forget which ones). Anything else recommended?

Cool. :cool: What does the 5200 flashcart look like?

• 5 months later...

Thanks will have to get one of them for my Colecovision and 5200, I have the CC3 and thats awesome. Would be cool if Clasics did one for the 2600 and 7800.

Harmony Cart will be released for 2600 soon.

I still want to get a CC3 and a Max cart for the Coleco. I want to get one of the 8-bit ones too since the price is so low!

• 1 month later...

Any other suggestions for good playable games to put on the flash cart? We have Super DK and Super DK Jr. What about the Atari Protos like Joust (no sound, right?) and Dig Dug, etc.? Anything that you frequently play outside of the released library?

Unlike the Atari systems (especially 2600/5200), the Colecovision doesn't have very many "free" roms out there. The 2600 and 5200 had a ton of games that were basically finished but got canceled in the video game crash. The CV has gotten a number of prototype/unreleased/homebrew releases in the past few years, which are each terrific games, but they're not available as ROMS.

Greg2600

That's what I have gathered from looking around. That's fine I just was weighing the value of getting a Colecovision flashcart. For the 5200 it is great and lets you double or triple your gaming library. But, like you said the Colecovision seems to have a good homebrew scene, but not lots of freely available roms.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got the AtariMax Coleco cart (used off here). These seem to be recommendations from unreleased roms:

Escape Mindmaster

Fall Guy

Kevtris

Pacman

Matt Patrol

Super DK Jr

Video Hustler

Anything else?

Wait, what is Kevtris doing in that list? It's a homebrew title, not an unreleased commercial game like the others in the list.

Dig Dug and Joust are missing from your list, BTW.