IGNORED

Video: VCS Ben Heck Mod

potatohead

Well, I just ran through this again. I like the simpler composite mod. It looks more retro on newer TVs to me. Happy with that.

IMHO, it's important to get the 22 OHM resistor as adjusting that value with a POT is just a PITA. Still, some adjustment might be needed, so I ran it in parallel with the pot I mounted earlier. Works well.

The interesting thing is the mod works on all the CRT televisions I have. On the newer HDTV, nothing Atari will display! Activision games and many other games display just fine, but Atari ones do not. There must be some common kernel differences. I'll have to dig through the homebrews, and the super charger. The machine is a light 6er.

Anyone else run into this? I'm more curious than anything as I don't often classic game on the newer TV.

Guess it's touch and go with the VCS on newer displays :(

...or if it's show off time, be sure and bring ACTIVISION titles! Those haven't failed yet.

At least that proves out the mod. It was simple, and I was really just wanting to see if others experienced this kind of thing.

Sure is great to have the VCS with composite of any kind.

Edited by potatohead